Can't move from one cell and/or enter any data, or exit wksht...

My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has
happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be
overcome?
Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the
worksheet...any help?
0
Cell (6)

Has your PC possibly locked up?  If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the
task manager, and shut down the program.  Then, go back into Excel to see if
you have normal functions now.

"Stuck in One cell" wrote:

> My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has
> happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be
> overcome?
> Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the
> worksheet...any help?
Thanks...but that is not the problem...I figured it out myself...the problem
related to the macros in the file...the security setting was too high, so I
changed it to medium form the Tools menu and all is now OK.

"John Mansfield" wrote:

> Has your PC possibly locked up?  If so hit Control - Alt - Delete, go to the
> task manager, and shut down the program.  Then, go back into Excel to see if
> you have normal functions now.
>
> "Stuck in One cell" wrote:
>
> > My worksheet cursor is stuck in one cell and I cant get it to move what has
> > happened and how does one undo the problem and understand how it can be
> > overcome?
> > Right now I cant get out of excel or perform any functions in the
> > worksheet...any help?

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

Move to match cells
A B C D E 1 000801025-8 009601025-3 2007 000801025-8 2007 2 000801026-9 009601026-4 2004 000801026-9 2004 3 000801028-1 009601028-6 2006 000801028-1 2006 4 000801036-8 009601036-3 2008 000801036-8 2008 5 000801044-5 009601044-0 2007 000801044-5 2007 6 000801044-5 009601055-0 2004 000801055-5 2004 7 000801055-5 009601064-8 2001 000801064-3 2001 8 000801055-5 009601091-2 2006 000801091-7 2006 9 000801064-3 009601095-6 2002 000801095-1 2002 10 000801091-7 009601097-8 1998 000801097-3 1998 11 000801091-7 009601098-9 2004 000801098-...

Results from blank linked cells
I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the copy/paste/link cell method. How can I get a blank space (as opposed to the zero I am presently getting), in the destination, if the source cell is blank. I am linking a input sheet to several forms that must be sent out, but I don't want a form that will have a number of zeros in it. =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) If the linked cell looks empty, show empty, else show the value. Mr. Anolog wrote: > > I am linking cells from different worksheets in the same workbook, using the &g...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Line Graph with two different data points
Hello, I am trying to create a line chart with numbers from my product Vs a competitor. The problem i am having is how can i make a chart that will have four data points comparing to each other? For example Product A- 1.5 1.2 1.6 1.8 Product B- 2.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Product A- 70% 20 % 30% 67% Product B- 65% 30% 65% 55% How do i get all of these numbers on one chart? Is a line chart correct. I want to see these numbers compared?? Thank you so much Hi, Since the number don't appear related to the percentages you might plot them on the same chart but two different axes. If they were relate...

retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU"
I have a large database containing columns with one column specifies the product name. In one instances, I need to retain only rows with condition that cells in column H containing "AU" of the entire string in the cell. Delete those rows without it. The problem is , that the AU of the string can appear in any position, not a fixed position. Is there any simple way of doing it? Many Thanks! Regards, Bora Hi, You can use AutoFilter. Choose the command Data, Filter, AutoFilter. Then open the autofilter drop down in the column H and choose Custom and from the first drop down, t...

Data changes when Analyzed with Excel
I have a query with 3 tables that represent master item list, count qty and as qty. When I look at the results in Query, all is well and accurate yet when I select Analyze with Excel, values change. For example, if a record shows zero qty in the as of field and zero quantity in the count field, I get a value in one or both of the fields that origianlly were zero. Other than linking the tables and grouping by master item list (to show all parts regardless of qty's), there are no formulas or expressions in this query. One of the tables is linked to a FoxPro table via ODBC driver. ...

validation list or combo box dependant on cell value
Am i able to determine the values shown in either a validation list or combo box being dependant on a value in another cell? ie: Cell A1 = BOB then validation or combo box would then base it's list from the named range (or whatever the solution may be) based on Bob. if i was to change A1 to ROY then it would also change the underlying list? I have tried everything that i think SHOULD work but that it pretty limited... thanks in advance rich I'd start with Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html Richard Edwards wrote: > > Am i able to deter...

worksheet labels based on cell results
How can I build a macro to use the contents of several cells in a column to label a corresponding number of worksheets with their contents. Ideally this would also build links to the tabs so that a user could click on a specific cell (in that column) and be redirected to the corresponding worksheet Thanks, Mitch Hi for labeling the tab try something like activesheet.name=activesheet.range("A1").value For the second question try using a Hyperlink (Insert - Hyperlink) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mitch wrote: > How can I build a macro to use the contents of ...

Cannot enter an array formula
I'm trying to help a user on a toshiba laptop with array formulas. For some reason he cannot create an array formula. The formula evaluates on everyone else's laptop but his. He has Windows 98 and Office XP Professional. Has anyone encountered this? Ryan If he can't create it then you wouldn't know that it doesn't evaluate, so which is it? What's the formula? and can he actually create it but it doesn't appear to have the right answer. If you hit F9 does the right answer appear? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

IN EXCEL, WHEN I CLICK ONA SINGLE CELL It HIGHLIGHTS WHOLE Page
please help Hi maybe: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:36180425-96C2-4368-9DE0-3E60741154FF@microsoft.com... > please help Just click on a cell and nothing else? Or perhaps you mean click on a cell then as you move the cursor around other cells are selected like the cursor is stuck? If the former, you must have some event code which selects the cells or you are clicking on the gray box at intersect of rows and columns(top left above ro...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

mapping keystroke to a cell
I would like to map a keystroke to a cell and have it add up the number of times the keystroke has been applied. For instance if I touched the A key 3 times it would give me the value of 3 in one cell. If I touched the B key 2 times it would give me the value of 2 in another cell. I'm thinking of using this in a laboratory situation. Where I could count the different types of blood cells under a microscope using the keyboard. Once I reached a total of a 100 diffent types of cells it would play a .wav file that would alert me that the count of 100 had been reached. Using a differ...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

How should I debug or adobt better data processing for high speed
Hello! I have a program in MFC that collects data via USB, process it and display graphs. When data rate is relatively low(max. 1K bytes/Sec) the program works Ok but when data speed exceeds 10K bytes/Sec program goes crazy after a while and shows fictionally data . There is no problem for display section because it is buffered ( I have a buffered DC). The problem seems to be data processing. Because program is huge I can't post codes and I do not expect a solution but I try to explain general data processing scheme and I hope someone can advise me how to find weak points of progr...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...