Can't insert rows in exel

Hi,

I have a problem of inserting rows to existing
spreadsheets. To workaround this problem, i need to save
the file first, then insert a row, else it will prompt me
to delete the data on the right and bottom rows of the
spreadsheet. Help!
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes, this also happened with me. Excel thinks that all the columns and rows
have been filled up so can not add more rows or columns to it. therefore
select some rows and columns and choose delete or delete all command from
edit. this should solve the problem.

"wantaba" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem of inserting rows to existing
> spreadsheets. To workaround this problem, i need to save
> the file first, then insert a row, else it will prompt me
> to delete the data on the right and bottom rows of the
> spreadsheet. Help!

0
Prashant (13)
9/15/2004 3:37:10 AM
Could it be:

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769

do you have shapes/comments on your worksheet?

and another link:
http://google.com/groups?threadm=1c48801c3884f%249d4514d0%24a601280a%40phx.gbl

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

I need to download an exel spreadsheet file. (file extension :xls)
I have been sent a document created in exel, a spreadsheet. I cannot open it on my pc windows xp home edition, microsoft online suggested file extension :xls, an exel spreadsheet file. Ihave searched thier website for this download but cannot find it. Can anyone advise me of wiere to locate this download or how to open this file any other way ? Hi some ways: 1. BUY MS Excel / MS Office to open an Excel file 2. Use the free Excel viewer (search the MS site for it) 3. Download Openoffice (www.openoffice.org) Note: Excel/Office is NOT part of Windows XP but a separate product. "buckro...

how to insert section
There is no "section" under my "insert" menu...so how do I start page number 11 pages into my book? What type of document are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hermcard" <hermcard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1916BA-A912-4A27-8184-43E58ADFC1E5@microsoft.com... > There is no "section" under my "insert" menu...so how do I start page > number > 11 pages into my book? I solved the problem by upgrading to a newer version of Publisher...thank you for replying. "hermcard&...

Insert page automatically
In Publisher 2003, how can I format my publication to automatically insert a new page when I reach the end of the previous page? -- GMom Publisher, unlike Word, doesn't automatically insert a new page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GMom" <GMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A5F3A13-548A-43DD-AF26-FF935B2DBE5D@microsoft.com... > In Publisher 2003, how can I format my publication to automatically insert a > new page when I reach the end of the previous page? > -- >...

Auto Row Selection of ListView
How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being built? >How do I automatically highlight the first row in a list view on it being >built? William, Have you tried using something like: list_ctrl.SetItemState( 0, 0, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED); Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Yes but that doesn't work. I want the first row in the list view to be automatically highlighted. "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.org> wrote in message news:967tmvsue34sr937h7vkuecd0i171u073m@4ax.com... > >How do I automatically highlight th...

How to insert Open File action in the IF Function?
Hello, How can I insert the Open File action (w/o any other messages) in the IF function - =IF (A1=A2,"C:\TRUE.WAV","C:\FALSE.WAV") or smth like that. I don't know how to write a Macros at all, so if anyone willing to write it for me I'll be grateful, though explanations will be required. My global problem is that I get some data from the web (the links are refreshing automatically) and I wanna do some kind of check - if the data is useful for me than a sound will be played to inform me, if not - silence. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-u...

inserting animatins in Windows live mail
Have tried all the various methods of inserting photos and other formats into new messages however the animation in gif images does not work. The image will appear but no animation. Have tried the inline and photo layout versions but no success. Did not have this problem with any other mail versions I have used in the past. Is there a simple solution I am missing???? I prefer to stay with Windows Live Mail after using windows Mail with Vista which was very similar to this version with Windows 7. Insert | Image | Inline. It will be animated /after/ you send it. -- ...

insert break into long time sections
ive been making a gantt chart for a major project, and i want to condense some of the longer sections in it so it fits better on a page. without having to photoshop the sections together, is there a way in msproject to put in breaks in it? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01CAF667.BD9BF720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi MoronZilla, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) Sorry, it is not possible to have different zoom levels at the same = time, nor i...

Delete non duplicated rows
A B date/time data I want to keep all the duplicates in B and delete the non duplicates. TIA -- cape ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cape's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6476 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385395 Check out the conditional formatting section. This section helps to find duplicates, but you could change the formula to =1 instead of >1 to get the non-duplicates. http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/Formulas.htm#CONDFORM &qu...

Macro to delete and recreate range name (say) 10 rows down.
Working in Excel 2000. I want to run a macro that deletes the name created on the previous running of the macro, recreating the name (say) 10 rows down so that the data can auotomatically be entered progressively down the sheet I can't get the "Relative" button in the macro tool bar to work when creating a range name within the macro. It always results in the range name being absolute. I have tried modifying the absolute statement (for example, reading) "RefersToR1c1:= "=Sheet1!R356C5" to the Relative version, "RefersToR1c1:= "=Sheet1!R[+2]C[+1] H...

Row count value evaluated against different thresholds.
I humbly ask your expert opinion in an effort to save me countless hours of trial and error. A table exists called 'BandScore' in it are five diff't values. ScoreA = 5 ScoreB = 4 ScoreC = 3 ScoreD = 2 ScoreE = 1 Counting the rows in the 'analyze' table I need to use that value to determine which score gets applied and place that value in a table called 'scores' field called 'gapscore' (until I understand the full process, at which time I can put all of these calcs into one statement, I'm hoping) This score will be derived from the following statement...

Inserted Picture Not Display
Hi, I have inserted a picture onto sheet1, but it wasnt displayed, only eight handles can be seen. The inserted picture will display only after I move it, but then when I switch to another sheet and come back to it later, it disappeared again. Please help me! I am using Excel 2003...My OS is XP Pro. -- Love to be here ...

Dragging a formula across the row in 2007
When I drag from one cell to the next it puts in the correct forumla (i.e., O16+O31 is P16+P31 in the next cell); however, it puts the value from the O column in the P cell. To get the correct sum in P I have to re-enter the forumla (P16+P31). This is also happening with cells that have numbers referring to other worksheets. If I drag it to the next column it shows the relative change but puts in the value from the copied cell. I can go into the formula bar and P68 in Worksheet!P68, hit enter and then correct value appears. I am working between 07 and 03 Excel and on diffe...

how do block the insert of videos and musics in powerpoint?
Hello everyone, How do block the insert of videos and musics in powerpoint 2003 and 2007? Giovanni, Could you elaborate on what you mean by blocking video or audio. If you want to prevent someone from inserting music or video in a presentation I think you are out of luck. Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Giovanni" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > How do block the insert of videos and musics in powerpoint 2003 and 2007? In article <250C6A2F-FD9C-473E-96E4-4C45536D5CA8@microsoft.com>, Giovanni wrote: > Hello everyone, > > How do block the i...

Use Identity in Insert Trigger
Is it possible to know the Identity value of a record when processing an INSERT trigger? If so, can someone give me an example? Thanks. -- David Hi David During the trigger processing, the new row has already been inserted, so you can just either select from the underlying table, or select from the special INSERTED table to see the identity value. Or, if you haven't done any other INSERTs into identity columns, you can just select the @@IDENTITY function. Here's a very simple example: use tempdb; go create table t1 (a int identity, b varchar(25)); go cre...

Is there a way to insert photos into excel at a specific size?
I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to the same size. Can it be inserted at a predesignated size to prevent from having to size each individual photo? Maybe you could start with this: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3E1F6985.69EF880%40msn.com (watch out for line wrap in the first response--it's discussed in the later posts.) srvwannabe wrote: > > I need to insert multiple photos into an excel spreadsheet and would like to > know if there is a fast way to resize the photos to t...

Unable to insert electronic address to print envelope in word
In Word 2007, I am trying to use the "insert address" button when printing an envelope. The error i receive is that I need to log into "microsoft exchange". I'm guessing this function does not work unless I have Outlook installed on the computer and that word is unable to conect to "windows mail" address book. That is correct. The only address books Word can use are MS Exchange (on networks) and the Outlook Contacts. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Brian&qu...

Copy rows to master sheet
I have spent more hours than I care to admit trying to figure out the code for copying rows that have updated date to a master sheet. I have a command button on the bottom of four sheets that I want the user to press and send information that has changed to the master sheet. I want them to be in sequential order (no spaces). Upon sending it, I want the changes to the cells to revert to the original state. They are supply order forms. The only thing that changes is the number of units that someone wants and the total price for the units. For example: Sku# Item Name #Wanted Unit Pri...

Inserting Diagonal Lines inside a Cell
Does anyone know how to insert diagonal lines inside a cell? I'm using Microsoft Word 2007 and I created monthly calendars from January-December. I would like to "X" out the respective days of the week after they have passed, but I can't figure out how to do that in Word. I've tried inserting the multiplication symbol and enlarging it, but it doesn't work well. Any other ideas? Thanks! On the Table Tools Design tab, in the Table Styles group, if you click the arrow next to Borders you should see Diagonal Down and Diagonal Up borders. If you use ...

remove 1st 2 letters in each row
I have 30 rows and each row I need to delete the first 3 letters. ex UNE127 UNE50 so it will be 127 50 Can someone please tell me how I can do this without going in and deleting each row. Thanks A simple MID might suffice Assume your data in A2 down In B2: =MID(A2,4,99)+0 Copy down. The "+0" bit will convert the extracted text nums to real numbers. Success? hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Cathy" wrote: > I have 30 rows and each row I need to delete the first 3 letters. > ex > UNE127 > UNE50 > &...

Inserting Space After Subtotal Function
Hi, I am using the Subtotal function and would like to insert a blank ro after each subtotal created. Is there any way to automate this? Also, i would like to repeat the process for multiple worksheets withi the workbook. thanks, Hamis -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I have already answered another posting elsewhere -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Where?........... "BrianB >" <<BrianB.11grs0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BrianB.11grs0@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have already answered another posting elsewher...

Countif function in the same row but in alter...
I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example count the number of cells contaning only the letter A in cells A1, A3, A5, A7 etc..Similarly for the letters B, C and D. John, Try this SUMPRODUCT formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10)-CELL("row",$A$1:$A$10),2)= 0)) -- HTH RP "John@finland" <John@finland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D03A79-B98B-451F-BA9C-96557B2E39F2@microsoft.com... > I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example > count the num...

highlight selected row permanently until u move out from the row
as records in excel increase, its hard for us to know which rows we are selected or referring to..for example column(A) to column(Z) in row 10 it will be easier if the selected row(10) is highlighted the moment we move to row10 to edit any column ... wonder if i can do that ? when u move out from row10, maybe to row 15...then row 15 will be highlighted next.. the moment we move to whichever row, that particular row is to be highlighted.. can it be done ? thanks... Hi Nwhan, I asked the same question sometime ago and was offered the following solutions were offered by Julie D, Bob Phi...

How to programmatically retrieve all rows and cells in Gridview
Hello Community I have a Gridview. The Gridview already uses the SelectedRow command to allowusers to select each row and cell in the Gridview. Therefore the user can select any row that they want. The problem is that I need to write code that will do these things in the order of: 1-Go to the first row in the Gridview 2-Retrieve the value from each cell 3-Store the value of each cell value in a variable This fails: for (int i = 1; i < gridview.Rows.Count; i++) { vlName = gview.Rows[i].Cells[1].Text; vfna...

collect rows of damaged data
Hi, I have to repair overflowed column contents in a SQL Server 2005 database. I would like to write a C++ program (with OLEDB) for fix the problem (on future databases also). I had found http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923247 but the solution does not work on my environment. There is a double precision floating point column ('float' in SQL Server), The query (rewrited to new object names) what should show the damaged rows does not work. SELECT IDBilder, Im_IDMeasurement FROM Bilder WHERE (Im_MicXPos <> 0.0) AND (Im_MicXPos < 2.23E-308 OR Im_MicXPos > ...

Macro To Insert Empty Rows??
anyone a dab hand at Excel? I need a had creating a macro. What i hav is a column with numbers, for example 12222 12222 21111 21111 13333 13333 what i need is a macro which will insert a blank row after an identica sequence of numbers, turning the above into 12222 12222 21111 21111 13333 13333 any ideas -- rtidrti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rtidrtid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3114 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50811 rtidrtid, here is one way, with dat...