can't find

i have a small problem...i have windows xp professional,
when i got it my boss deleted many programs to save room
for design programs...and now i don't know if it came with
excel on it...and now i need it. How would i find out if
it should have had it and is there any way to get it back
without having to go buy a whole new program?
0
sabrina1 (1)

You don't get Excel with an operating system. Excel would have to be
installed either o its own or as part of an installation of MS Office.
--
RMC,CPA

"sabrina" <sabrina@coluccisjewelry.com> wrote in message
i have a small problem...i have windows xp professional,
when i got it my boss deleted many programs to save room
for design programs...and now i don't know if it came with
excel on it...and now i need it. How would i find out if
it should have had it and is there any way to get it back
without having to go buy a whole new program?

0
rchoatecpa (136)
8/14/2003 7:03:59 PM
Hi Sabrina,

Excel is part of the Microsoft Office suite, which runs in, but is not part
of, Windows. Unless an Excel stand-alone or MS Office were purchased
separately (or were included as part of your system's software package),
they would not be on your machine.

tim

"sabrina" <sabrina@coluccisjewelry.com> wrote in message
| i have a small problem...i have windows xp professional,
| when i got it my boss deleted many programs to save room
| for design programs...and now i don't know if it came with
| excel on it...and now i need it. How would i find out if
| it should have had it and is there any way to get it back
| without having to go buy a whole new program?

0
timotero (63)

Finding data sequentially
I have a month of dates across columns by patient (in rows). In each of these rows there is one date where a test was cancelled. Is there a reasonable way to determine where the cell(s) that have the word "cancelled" are relative to the numerical result(s) are in the month? I'm trying to diffetentiate reorders that are caused by cancellations from reorders due to patient condition. I realize that this will not answer the question, but I can break out into two groups if I can tell which came first, the result or the cancellation On Dec 28 2010, 1:47=A0pm, jimbo <jimbo...@gmail...

find to select cells filled in RED
Can anyone help me how to find and select cells that are filled in RED so that I can blank the red color off all at the same time ? Any help is greatly appreciated. many thanks ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi William, Try something like this. Sub RedBeGone() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Range("Data") If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 3 Then Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone End If Next End Sub Where the range Data ...

Can't Find Contact Folder?
When I click the contact folder I Outlook "cant find the folder". Where is this setting so I can see which folder it's looking for? .... version Outlook XP Sorry about that. Microsoft Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. In Outlook, there is not a seperate file for contacts. It is part of the same pst file as the other folders. Never heard of this before, so this may not work, but since OL does not believe thecontact folder is there it might. Right click Personal Folders and select New Folder, name it Contacts and see what happens. Worst that could happen is that it will ...

How to find/replace data in column
Hi, In Excel I have a column of 0's as text and I want to change the whole column to 1 but still as text. How can I do this? I tried a find/replace, but the 1 was entered as a number not as text. Thanks Rock Thank you Gord... The column I wish to change is actually K. Does this mean the A1 in the formula should in fact be K1 ? Rock Gord Dibben wrote: > Rock > > In an adjacent column. > > =IF(A1="0",TEXT(A1,"1")) > > Drag/copy down. > > > Gord Dibben Excel MVP > > > On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:26:57 +1100, Rock <194...

Finding new records in subsequent reports (XL07)
I'm helping a colleague who receives a monthly report which grows by about 25K rows per month. There is one field from which we generate a list of unique values using AdvancedFilter; the resulting list is about 10K rows. On a month to month basis, we need to compare the previous unique list to the current unique list, and create a third list that contains ONLY the new values that show up in the current list that were not present in the previous list. I can do this by looping through either list and doing a Application.Match against the other list, and writing those valu...

Find out who sent message having send as rights
Probally an easy question. If I have a group of users who can choose a from address in outlook and sent the message as that account listing in the from field, is there a way to tell who actually sent the message. So if Joe user was in Outlook and sent a message using the From and he choose JaneUser because he has the rights to, is there a way to show that Joe actually sent the message? go to ESM drill down to your server go to properties diagnostic Logging |MSExchangeIS |Mailbox |set |Send on Behalf of |Maximum go to event log you will see bunch of events tallikng you who send e-mail beh...

Can't find the right formula!
I am working on a file in which I am linking two worksheets. The firs worksheet has a list of team numbers, names, etc. I want to make it s that if I enter the team number in the second worksheet, i automatically pulls the remaining information for that team into th line. The file is attached, and this is what I'm trying to do: Worksheet 1: Cell A1 (team): 1 Cell B1 (name): Joe Anderson Cell C1 (handicap): 3 Cell D1 (partner): Bill Smith Cell E1 (handicap): -2 Cell F1 (home club): Forest Springs Country Club Worksheet 2: If I enter the number "1" in Cell B3, I want it to p...

Outlook "Find" function
Can someone please tell me how I can get the Outlook find function to work like the find function in the Palm desktop software? What I need to be able to do is have the "find" function search all contacts, appointmnets, notes, tasks, inbox, etc (ie everything in outlook) by default everytime. It also needs to look at all of the text for all of the above listed items during the search. Thanks, Brad Have you tried using the Advanced Find feature? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgro...

using find in excel from C# code
Hi, I am working to make an aplication that open an existing excel file, search for some text and notifies the result. Now, when I run it, before the excel file's opens get this error: COMException Types mismatch (Exception HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) My code is: object oMissing = System.Reflection.Missing.Value; Excel.ApplicationClass oExcel = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); oExcel.Visible = true; Excel.Workbooks oBooks = oExcel.Workbooks; Excel._Workbook oBook = null; ...

VBA Find a Replace
After standing the test for over a year, a problem with my VBA Find and Replace AddIns was indentified by a user in Moscow Russia yesterday. If you remember, the last problem identified and fixed was how to find text in the shape range of any shape located in the header/footer story ranges of a document. Through ignorance and lack of comprehensive testing, I failed to consider grouped shapes, individual shapes in a drawing canvass, and grouped shapes in a drawing canvass that are in a header\footer story range. By adding a new recursive sub-routine this issue is now also fixed...

Edit > Find option mysteriously malfunctioning
I have a file in which the Edit > Find (i.e., using Cntrl + F) function seems to not be working. I can copy a cell, then paste the exact values in the find box, but then when I hit "Find all" or "Find next" the cell is not found. The match case and match entire cell contents boxes are NOT checked, and the standard options show below are what is displayed. I am using excel 2007. Any thoughts on what may be causing this problem? Thanks for any suggestions. "Within: Sheet" "Search: by rows" "Look in: formulas" Dave K pretended : > I have...

Finding a converter.
I created a document in Publisher and want to convert it to a Word 2003 document. I need a converter. I cannot find the disk which apparently contains this converter. How can I get this converter? PatMack wrote: > I created a document in Publisher and want to convert it to a Word 2003 > document. > I need a converter. I cannot find the disk which apparently contains this > converter. How can I get this converter? There is no converter. At least, not a good one. Why do you want to do this? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ I need to e-mail the ...

Find Value and delete rows above
Hello everyone, Ive got a sheet which draws data in via a web query, It then pull all the info and puts it into my sheet down the sheet in rows.... Depending on which page of my site it draws it from.. depends where the starting point in..... for example... Page 1 = A1 = blah blah 1 B1 = blah blah 2 C1 = Start D1 = Data E1 = Data F1 = End G1 = blah blah 3 Page 2 = A1 = blah blah 1 B1 = blah blah 2 C1 = blah blah 3 D1 = Start E1 = Data F1 = End G1 = blah blah 3 Is there a way I could get it to strip out everything from the START and above, and everything from END and below no matter how ...

downloaded office 2007can't find old folders and address book
Any way I can find the folders I created to save emails? Or my address book? If you used outlook thay are contained within the outlook data file, by default outlook.pst You should search to include hidden for that, or *.pst Only outlook can access this data file "Merry L" <Merry L@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B84479A9-20AA-4E10-9C92-3258F437A6FC@microsoft.com... > Any way I can find the folders I created to save emails? Or my address > book? ...

Finding icons
I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had believed those icons were saved in a file called "Excel.XLB". However, and I can't find it when I do a search. Any help how I do this or what to backup? Ken When you are conducting search for your "Excel.XLB" file make sure you have checked the Advanced Option "Search hidden files & folders"... Steve "kenw" wrote: > I'm trying to find the icons I've customized. I had > believed those icons were saved in a file > called "Excel.XLB". However, an...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...

Efficient way of finding string and changing cell value
As amateur I would appreciate your help: My sheet has >30 000 rows. In col D I need to find "district", not case sensitive, beeing part of a longer string. If true, value in col C should be set to "Dis". Using VBA, Excel 2003 - how can this be done in shortest possible time? Filter, Find, Search or ?? Thank you! On Jan 24, 10:36=A0pm, ulfb <u...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As amateur I would appreciate your help: > > My sheet has >30 000 rows. In col D I need to find "district", not case > sensitive, beeing part...

Macro to find and delete all FALSE statements
So i have a sheet filled with formulas and I have put IF,Then statements in them to return FALSE is I don't get the result I want. However, I need to erase all these FALSE results so they do not plot as zero on my chart. Anyway to create a macro? Thanks. You may not need a macro. If you formulas are of the type =IF(A1<10,FALSE,A1), select the range and use Edit | Replace to change FALSE to NA(). The NA() will show in cell as #N/A and will be ignored by the chart. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Woody13" &l...

Find and Replace Question
I have fullname column with first, middle initial, last name. Some of the names do not have middle initials. Example John W Meadows I want to replace it with John,W Meadows I want to do nothing if it is John Meadows that is no middle initial I know what to put in find box " ? " but I don't know what to put in replace. Can it be done using Find/Replace or I have to do it some other way. Any help is greatly appreciated. have you tried to hit the delete button or not put anything? What works when I want to delete something is I put {Find=DOS Replace= } It's worth...

Word find/replace equivalent of (word1|word2)
Hello All, New poster, I did my best to search for this answer using keywords such as: atomic grouping, alternatives, bar OR pip equivalent, etc... but had no luck My question is, is there/what is the Microsoft Word find/replace equivalent of the regular expression (word1|word2) ? I've obviously tried | and \| with no luck. And any webpage I found with discussion of advanced find/replace for word did not go into atomic grouping. Thanks so much! -Hikari Have you tried the article that is found here: http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm It might...

how do i put formula to find difference between two dates
Re: how do i put formula to find difference between two dates Put in C1: =B1-A1 where A1 contains the start date, say: 01-May-2005 B1contains the end date, say: 10-May-2005 For the sample dates in A1 and B1, C1 will return: 9 --- Pl post your question within the message area in future. The "Subject" line is meant only for some key words/descripts, not to house your *entire* post -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "A.D" <A.D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A8ACB02-0724-4A0B-BB...

Can't find Back icon for outlook. Tell me how, please.
When using Outlook, I would like to visit the previous screen, but can't find the BACK icon on the toolbar. I can't even find it when I try Customize or Options. Please help. Also, my mail is mixed up with the other mail user my computer is networked with for shaw.ca. I would only like to receive mail edressed to me, not hers. Anyone know how I go about this? Thanks, Debi Can you start with the basics please - what version of outlook? Are you running Exchange server? Where and in what ways is your "mail is mixed up with the other mail user"? Provide some detail. We c...

where Can I find the download for excel viewer for windows me
where Can I find the download for excel viewer for windows me? It was on the office update page not long ago. Now to download the Excel viewer, windows 2000 or XP is required. Is it possible to view excel files with win me? http://redirx.com/?g9u0 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595- 4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN >-----Original Message----- >where Can I find the download for excel viewer for windows me? It was on the >office update page not long ago. Now to download the Excel viewer, windows >2000 or XP is required. Is it poss...

Find & Replace (power) shortcuts for 2008

How to find out merge cells from unknown position
Dear Excalers, I have a question that is in worksheet. How can I find out merged cells from a sheet? Best regards, K.boy Think the easiest way is to get rid of all the merge cells in the sheet. If this is not a problem (the "total removal of all merge cells" part), then you could try: Press CTRL + A to select entire sheet Click Format > Cells > Alignment tab Click to *clear* the "Merge cells" checkbox (may have to click a few times) Click OK And if the above is too drastic an action, think this previous post below by Dave Peterson in .misc would prove to be of g...