Can't display all text in cell

I'm trying to display text in a cell.  I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav
several paragraphs of text.  All of it appears in the formula bar, bu
not in the cell displayed on the screen.  And yes, I increased the ro
height, but it still doesn't show.

Any ideas?
Thank

I am having the same problem.  Apparantly there is a 1024
character limitation per cel in excel.  The only advice I
have received so far, which does work, is to press
alt+enter to create a line break.  If you find another
work around, I would be interested.
0
mlhnhtown (4)
4/14/2004 10:17:22 PM
Hi
besides Mike's workaround (hitting ALT+ENTEr to insert manual page
breaks) No way around this limitation. You may also take a look at the
Excel help file (look under 'Specification')

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> I'm trying to display text in a cell.  I've got Wrap Text on, and I
> have several paragraphs of text.  All of it appears in the formula
> bar, but not in the cell displayed on the screen.  And yes, I
> increased the row height, but it still doesn't show.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
4/14/2004 10:20:57 PM
Yes, I've used the Alt + Enter, but I still hit the limit.

Thanks for the quick responses

In minor testing, I've seen 15k characters--lots of alt-enters.

But I have to adjust the rowheight (and columnwidth) to make it look, er, nice.

How many alt-enters and how many characters in that cell?

=len(a1)

=len(a1)-len(substitute(a1,char(10),""))

May help you determine those numbers.

"Nffitch <" wrote:

> Yes, I've used the Alt + Enter, but I still hit the limit.
>
> Thanks for the quick responses!
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
4/15/2004 1:37:33 AM
Hi
tested this and I'll be able to see much more than 1024 characters
(though this is not that pratical). Try inserting ALT+ENTER every 200
characters and see if this helps

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Yes, I've used the Alt + Enter, but I still hit the limit.
>
> Thanks for the quick responses!
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)