Can't delete blank pages

I have a spreadsheet that when I go into print preview there are 59 pages. I
did not create the spreadsheet. However, there is only something on 3 of
those pages. How to I delete all of these extra pages.

Thanks very much for any help. I am using Excel 2003

Dee
0
Dee (106)

on  the main sheet select just those areas you want to print and goto
<file><print area>< set print area>

"Dee" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that when I go into print preview there are 59 pages. I
> did not create the spreadsheet. However, there is only something on 3 of
> those pages. How to I delete all of these extra pages.
>
> Thanks very much for any help. I am using Excel 2003
>
> Dee
0
BJ (832)
4/28/2005 7:50:18 PM
#1 - Select the range of cells you want to print, use the menu to choose
File>Print Area>Set Print Area

#2 - You may have extraneous info in cells (blanks, formulas that evaluate
to "", etc) in cells outside your print area.  see Debra Dalgleish's site

"Dee" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet that when I go into print preview there are 59 pages. I
> did not create the spreadsheet. However, there is only something on 3 of
> those pages. How to I delete all of these extra pages.
>
> Thanks very much for any help. I am using Excel 2003
>
> Dee
0
DukeCarey (494)

Inserting a Blank Line
I did ask for similar a little while back, but cannot somehow digest the code. What is the best way to insert a blank line where the data changes? The data is in column B. e.g. 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 to.. 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 14:45:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:00:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 15:15:00 Don't know if this is best, but certainly an easy method. Sub InsertRow_At_Change() 'Sandy Mann July 1st, 2007 Dim LastRow As Long Dim X A...

Open Outlook Configuration page from the command line
What .EXE file do I need to run in order to launch the Outlook configuation page? This is the same page you get if you right-click on the Outlook icon on the desktop and choose properties. Thanks, --David ...

Messages being deleted
I have a user that is using Windows 98se, Outlook 2002. He is having problem with new messages from 3 different people. These messages ar being deleted and bypassing the inbox all together. I looked in th blocked sender list and these people are not there. Thank yo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Macro to find last cell in row before blank
I want a macro that will find the last cell in row 16 before a blank. Then I want to copy all the cells in the last three columns with data in it from rows 16 - 200 and paste them in cells O16:Q200. For example: if the last cell in row 16 before a blank is cell Z16, then I want X16:Z200 copied and pasted special with values only into cells O16:Q200. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Try this Sub test() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Cells(16, Columns.Count).End(xlToL...

Undo delete message in Outlook returns the wrong email
In Outlook 2007, I use the Unread Mail feature / folder to get my daily work done. However, I've noticed a glitch when deleting emails. If I've accidentally deleted an email and press "Undo" it often returns an entirely different email. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Hi, Try the data-recover tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. It can help to undelete the emails you delete by mistake. You can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe . And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed information about Advanced Ou...

can't delete messages #3
Can't seem to delete some old messages (typically older ones), 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.' Have tried restarting online/offline, etc. Any ideas appreciated, as they are just taking up space. Thanks, JC See if one of the following suggestions help you; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/deletemessage.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creati...

macros on one page
Good morning! I have a workbook with several macros. Ones that I recorded during the same session (without closing) are listed on 1 page with a line separating them. For example macros 1,2 and 3 were all recorded at one time. The file closed then reopened to record macro 4. When you go to edit macro 1, you can see the code for macros 2 and 3 but not 4. Is there a way that macro 4 could be included on the same page as 1 through 3? I am trying to do this so that I can use the edit replace function and update all of the macros at once. Thank you for any help. Have a GREAT day! I...

Event 16387 Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up some tables.
Dear all, I'm having the following error with one of my CRM v3.0 deployment ----------------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 16387 Date: 6/7/2006 Time: 10:17:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM1 Description: Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up some tables. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ---------------------------------------------- Got the following when I run the crmdeleteservice.exe command. C:\Program Files\Micros...

Cell in row = 0 delete
The bebugger highlights the following row. If Cells(row_index, "D").Value = 0 Then This is the whole macro: My range is A3:D500 I want to delete the row if the value in D is 0 At the moment I get a "Tipe mismatch" error Please help???? Sheets("SALES SUMMARY").Select Sheets("SALES SUMMARY").Copy After:=Sheets(26) Range("A3:M571").Select Selection.Copy ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=-15 Range("A3").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False ...

how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word
how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word without losing reading quality? Word has no ability to handle PDF format documents. The only solutions are to extract the content of the PDF using OCR software such as FineReader or OmniPage, or to insert the first page of the PDF file as an object. (Objects cannot cross page boundaries in Word). If you insert an object it will adapt to the active margins, and as an image this will result in some image impairment. The best you can achieve is to set the layout wrap option of the object to something other than in-line...

Corruption on 2002 / 2000 database showing "blank" objects
Database created in Office XP, used by clients with Office 2000 (database is saved as 2000 format). warning: it's a multi-user environment -- including replication. After few days of usage, the database loses some of the macros and seems to display several empty or blank objects that did not exist previously. Once clicked on receive "object does not exist error". This also appears sometimes in the Reports area, too. Any thoughts? Although Office XP can/does use Access2000 format files, there seems to be a difference depending on which Access it is run under, and that is...

deleting ADC connectors
Hello everyone: I have an Exchange 2003 domain with Win2k3 DC's. the exchange domain runs on Native mode. i guess before i came this organization used to have exchange 5.5 servers because i still see Active Directory connectors. In the Active directory Sites And Services>MyCampus>Servers>MyServers i see a list of three servers. two are my DCs one is what used to be my first exchange server. I already moved all the roles to another server but that one is not appearing in the list. under the first server and one of the DCs i see a folder Exchange settings and it has a...

deleting sending messages
I have created a 2 very large attachments (65MB) by mistake. The messages have been in my outbox for several days trying to send. I have right clicked and selected delete but the message will not delete. How can I delete it? -- .. dlfitz, you wrote on Wed, 4 Jul 2007 02:46:03 -0700: > I have created a 2 very large attachments (65MB) by mistake. The messages > have been in my outbox for several days trying to send. I have right clicked > and selected delete but the message will not delete. How can I delete it? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Bes...

Automatically deleting duplicate rows??
Hello, I have searched through the help but couldnt find out how you can delete duplicate rows in an Excel spreadsheet without having to manually go through and compare them. Is it possible to automate it?? Ta folks, Ritchie :o) Hi, Ritchie. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm. "Ritchie Jones" wrote: > Hello, > > I have searched through the help but couldnt find out how > you can delete duplicate rows in an Excel spreadsheet > without having to manually go through and compare them. Is > it possible to automate it?? > > Ta folks, >...

Diverting every page to another website
I posted this question yesterday but it never appeared so sorry if you're seeing this twice. I've a couple of old websites which I want to close but Google have a few pages that stil show up in the search results and I would like to be able to send any visitor to a more up-to-date website of mine. How can this be done? I use FP 2002. Fred the Ted Two ways I know if! <-- #1. Index.php --> <?php header ('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently'); header ('Location: http://Your_New_URL_Here.com'); ?> <!-- #2 index.html or index.htm --> ...

How to delete single autocomplete entry
Hi there. We're running Outlook 2002 in a WinXP Pro environment (no Exchange server). I need to delete an autocomplete entry; however, there is only one entry, so I can't use the "Select from the two (or more) and press delete on the inappropriate entry" method. That is, as the user types up the name, she is not given a list of choices; only one name is near the email address, so it automatically fills in. Is there any way to get rid of such a single autocomplete entry? Thanks. When you type one letter it still doesn't fill the box but "hangs" unde...

Outlook
Hello, I pressed the "Close or Delete Microsoft CRM"-button in Outlook by mistake by right-clicking in the Archieve-menu. Is there a way to get it back? (I hope) The menu is still in Outlook and can be used with accouts etc. (CRM 1.2) Regards, Susan Hi Susan, Try repairing the SFO installation. Hope this helps! "Susan Peters" wrote: > Hello, > I pressed the "Close or Delete Microsoft CRM"-button in Outlook by mistake > by right-clicking in the Archieve-menu. Is there a way to get it back? (I > hope) > The menu is still in Outlook and can b...

How do I add page numbering on a report?
I am so sure that this is very simple, but I can't find an example anywhere and I have tried =Page # of # with and without ().... Please help... Thanks. Sorry ... I just figured it out. I went into expressions - common expressions and found it there. However, it gives me only page 1 of 1. It doesn't create standard page breaks. How would I tell the report to create normal page breaks? "Jen" wrote: > I am so sure that this is very simple, but I can't find an example anywhere > and I have tried =Page # of # with and without ().... > &...

full page receipt
when we sell a kit we are creating a 40 col receipt as well as a full page. We reprint the full page invoice for on-Account customers, but we wish to suppress the details of the kit item details included. Can this be done? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0164_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0" ------=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ginop, Try thi...

delete rows #7
Hi all, I have some 500 rows. I want to delete all rows, except row 1, of which col G is zero or blank while col A shows anything else than a string of which the first character is S or P. In other words, I want to keep row 1 and all rows in which col A shows text starting with S or P and all rows not having zero or blank in col G. I need the fastest code possible, my do loop takes a lot of time. I thank you in advance for your assistance. Jack Sons The Netherlands Have you already turned off screen updates and auto calculation? Those are typically the real time hogs. In general...

Sent message remains in out-folder, can't be deleted #2
Yesterday, I posted a question. Two people made comments, but the problem persists. So I will repost my question since I'm concerned people won't look at old questions. I'm working with OUtlook 2002. My version of MS Office is 2000, but I upgraded Outlook when I got a new version of the program with my Pocket PC. My OS is Windows XP running on an IBM laptop. My problem is: A few weeks ago I sent an email message. After it was sent, the email is listed as still in the outbox. Every time I send email, it remains there. (Even thought the email is in the outbox, I kn...

Page Layout - Page Colour
Word 2010 How do I create a default background colour In earlier versions this was done by Tools>Options>General and selecting the colouyr and this remained the default colour. Am able to open a blue background in Word 2010 but not able to make it the default colour so that it opens in blue automatically. Also Envelops - how can the return address be made the default address The option that you mention was dropped in Office 2007. If you create a template in which you set the background colour to Blue, and save that template, documents that you create from that templ...

How do I customize OutLook ToDay Page
Greetings;-) I would like to know how-to do a customize page with my Inbox and Outbox indicator link, Calendar Information, and To Do list with my background and link to MyMSN. Any Help is greatly appreciated. ...

Show Home Page Address disabled?
Outloog 2007, Vista 64-bit I am trying to activate the Home Page Tabs Show home page by default for this folder. It is disabled and the filed does not allow me to enter a value. Does anyone have a solution that will activate the fields? -- Thanks Phillip J. For what folder? In what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "PhillipJ" wrote: > Outloog 2007, Vista 64-bit > > I am trying to ...

Delete from 1 if there is no record in many
I have 2 tables. Department (one) linked to Phone Book (many). I want to delete record in Department table where there is no record in Phone Book table. DELETE Department.*, [Phone Book].Department FROM Department LEFT JOIN [Phone Book] ON Department.Department = [Phone Book].Department WHERE ((([Phone Book].Department) Is Null)); Error message is:" could delete from specified tables" How to fix it? Thanks. Try something like this: DELETE FROM Department WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT [Phone Book].Department FROM [Phone Book] WHERE [Phone Book].Department = Department.Depa...