Can't Close File - File Is In Use Message

I didn't write down the message at the time, but on several
occasions I get the message "Can't Close File - File Is In
Use".  Then I click on Save again, and it saves it just fine.
Then if I open and save it again immediately, I don't get
the message.  It's as though the original save command was
issued before something else that's going on has completed.
 Yes, I've searched the KB, and found nothing.   Regretably
I can't remember whether it's always the same file, but I
don't think so.   It just happens occasionally, but it's
unnerving when it happens.  Oh, I am the only person using
this computer (Win XP, Office 2003) . . . no network . . .
no sharing.  Any ideas??
0
anonymous (74722)

Log Files Ex 2003
I have a large number of log files being generated in the mdbdata directory on my exchange server 2003 ie E0000239.log. It is running my server out of disk space. I assumed these where due to circular logging but am not sure. How do I stop these from building up and can I safely remove them (They are all backed up). thanks for the support. This is normal when circular logging is turned off, which is recommended. The correct way to remove these log files is to perform an Exchange full backup using an Exchange-aware backup application (like Windows Backup on the actual Exchange server its...

Desktop shortcut opens app but will not open file
When one of my users clicks on a desktop shortcut (MS Excel), the program opens but the file will not. The user can open the file directly by going into Excel and clicking open , file, etc. Thanks, Glen This are the usual things to fix this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space be...

Is it possible to use a formula in the middle of a sentence in exc
If so, how? Your question would be clearer if you wrote it in the body of the message, added more detail explaining what you were looking to accomplish and provided an example or two that showed what you were trying to do. I'll take a guess that this might be what you are looking for... ="Some text"&<YourFormula>&"and some more text" For example, something like this example maybe (where I'm assuming Column A contains a list of names)... ="There are "&COUNTA(A1:A100)&" people on the list" -- Rick (MVP ...

use "DestroyWindow()" or "delete p" ?
Hi, In the following code, should I use "DestroyWindow()" or "delete p" in the line with a "????" comment? It may sound silly. I though DestroyWindow() may crash the program because the window didn't get created. But it didn't crash. Could you help? Thanks. CMyModalessDlg *p = new CMyModalessDlg(); // check database in ctor if (p->IsDataOk()) { p->Create(CMyModalessDlg::IDD); p->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); } else { p->DestroyWindow(); // or "delete p;" ???? p = NULL; } You should delete the object you allocated. Des...

File Name Length
Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office 2004? Thanks. In article <19bee01c41cec$47393e90$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "JM" <doubledawg9498@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if filenames can be longer than 31 characters in Office > 2004? Thanks. FIrst, you *can* have filenames longer than 31 characters in Office v.X already - you just can't generate them. While v.X apps display a hash at the end of a long filename, it keeps the filename intact when you save. MS hasn't announced anything regarding long file names in 2004 ye...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Not able to get items from Outlook Inbox from Windows Service using VB.NET
I have a Windows Service which is setup and running properly, well, at least it execute my RunThrougInbox method when it is supposed to be. The problem I am having though is that when my RunThroughInbox method is executing, it seems to stop when it gets to the "PROBLEM ON THIS NEXT LINE:" line. I am writing each step of the way to the event viewer window and my logs are mysteriously stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Here is a portion of my code to help with any resolutions or ideas. Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String) Dim cbTimer As...

Help!!Getting audio files to play continuously during slide show?!
I have Powerpoint 2002, and i am having a hard time getting the music file to play continuously during the slide show. it plays on the first slide (which is the only slide that has the little speaker picture on it), but then it doesn't transition to the next slide until after the song is done, when i want the song to play while the slides are transitioning. HELP please! Mega, Have a look here and see if it helps, there are tuturials in video demonstrating the process. http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00047.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "MegaB86" <MegaB86...

Automatically select "search subfolders" when using the Find related feature.
I would like to know if there is a way to force the "search subfolders" check box to be checked when I use Find related messages. If I manually use "advanced find" I am able to toggle the checkbox and the last state that I used is what stays. When I use Find Related, however, the search criteria is passed automatically into advanced find and the format is defaulted to "search subfolders = false" Any advice please? thanks Users are only getting the notification sound on the first message when they first open Outlook. Any message thereafter shows up a...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

unknown error message
what does this message mean and how do i correct it. 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) ...

help needed for closing modeless dialog
hello, I have a dialog based application. Inthe OnInitDialog() of this dialog i am poping up a modeless dialog.Now i am placing a menu in the parent dialog.what i want is that when i close the modeless dialog by clicking the red cross button on right hand corner then only i should be able to pop up modeless dialog from the menu.Do i need to handle the WM_CLOSE;if yes how? It could also be sufficient is closing makes dialog invisible and then menu option makes it visible...... thanks in advance When the X is clicked, a WM_SYSCOMMAND message is sent with the ID SC_CLOSE indicated....

Losing all formatting in Excel 2007 files
I have Office 2007 running on an XP desktop and a Windows 7 laptop. I work on an Excel .xlsx file on my desktop but when I open it on my laptop all of the formatting is lost. I have had this exact same problem except vista to xp. I wouldn't lose all of the formatting, but some words would would be on different lines. Other things I have noticed is that my Office 2007 on Vista doesn't always have the same fonts as on my Office 2007 XP. I think the formatting issue is more of a compatibility issue. ...

Making sure data is saved on closing application
Hi, I have built myself the following application from 'Teach Yourself Visual C++ in 21 Days' chapter 'Day 14 - Retrieving Data from an ODBC Database' http://serghei.net/docs/programming/c++/ty%20visualC++6%2021%20days/ch14/ch14.htm The application lets you edit and add records to a database (as well as just retreive them). The application uses recordset flags in code to make sure that data is saved if you edit one record and move to another. However, there is no code to make sure new or edited data is saved when the application is exited. After having poked about, I have...

deleted pst file still appears
Outlook XP, SP-2. I moved my .pst file to another drive by copying it, adding the copy to Outlook, and making the new one the default for my email account. OK so far. Then I removed the original data file and restarted Outlook. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. I deleted the actual file to see if Outlook would realize it wasn't there. The "Personal Folders" for that file still appears. When i try to close the obsolete item from the folder list pane, I get a "The operation failed. "An object cannot be found" dialog. Mail...

HELP PLEASE with Outlook Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. It is slowing me down very much. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith Is it only on reading messages or elsewhere also? "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:JOWdnej4T-nnY7jUnZ2dnUVZ_tHinZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen s...

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

use USB security token in outlook
how can use security token in outlook. i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my security token. my token support pkcs#11 Dear YOu will need the certificates for same. You can find the free certificates of TAWTE for testing then you can send the encrypted messages. I hope this will help you. The best dual security is Alddin. It works fine. Best regards Sharad "Fanian" wrote: > how can use security token in outlook. > i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my > security token. > my token support pkcs#11 > ...

Queue message problem
Hello, We have a Ex2k/Win2k advanced member server that had some serious problems starting Sat. morning. SMTP, POP, IMAP, www, MS Route Engine all stopped and seemed to start back up and then stop again at various intervals, eventually just stopping completely rendering the mail down. A reboot had the same problems occur. When I removed the messages that were in the queue(c:\exchsrvr\mailroot\vsi 1\queue) and then manually started the services all was well. I would like to copy back some of those messages into the queue to see if they process or cause the same problem again. Once I copy ...

Figuring out how to use a custom membership provider.
My web application handles membership in different organizations. Based on the means by which a user has reached the login screen, the application has already determined which organization membership should be checked against: Session["organizationId"] = 4; //for example Data on members is stored in a table called Participant CREATE TABLE Participant ( ... organizationId int NOT NULL ... ) I've created a custom membership provider: public class PublicMembershipProvider : SqlMembershipProvider { ... public int Organizat...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Slow when closing a form
Environment: 1. Front-End - MS Access 2003 2. Back-End - SQL Server 2005 3. OS - Windows XP I cannot understand why it takes a 5-7 seconds to close our Invoice form. The Invoice form has several data components in it that retrieves data. The code in the "Done" button of the form perform the following: a. Me.Requery b. Check other loaded forms "IsLoaded()" c. DoCmd.Close The form has also a code in the "Close" event which only checks for loaded forms again "IsLoaded()". Thanks, Ben "Ben" <pillars4@sbcglobal.net> wr...