Can Pivot Table layout be copied???

A few weeks ago, I ended up with the perfect Pivot Table
layout by dragging fields around -- I just don't remember
how I got there!

I have attempted to create a similar table (with new
data) but, even though the field layout buttons are in
the exact same locations, the table looks different. I'm
trying to get "Sum of 2004", "Sum of 2005," etc. as
column headings across the top instead of having all
years one below the other.

Is there any way to copy the layout from the "perfect"
table to the new one?
0
anonymous (74722)

I answered my own question, with help from Debra's
excellent website!

0
anonymous (74722)

Can I delay the delivery of a mail-merged email message?
I am used to delaying the delivery of a single email message by amending the delivery options in Outlook. I would also like to do so for a mail-merged (personalised) email message that I wish to send to a group today, but do not want to be delivered until tomorrow. My mail-merged email messages are created in Word, via Mailing and Mail Wizard. Can I amend delivery options here, and if so, how? Thank you! AFAIK, you can't set the options on the message during a merge. Create a rule to delay all mail with the same subject for 10 min (or more) then set the option on ea...

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Can't remove "send message" toolbar
I have an excel file that I use frequently. I sent it as an e-mail, and saved the file when den with it. Now when I open it, it has several lines under the usual toolbars dealing with "sending e-mail" ie Send this sheet, to, cc, subject etc. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to toggle this feature on or off. The file itself works fine, and I assume this is a toolbar feature to allow for quick e-mailing, but would like to remove it. Answered my own question. You click on the e-mail icon in the standard toolbar to remove it. "Scott" wrote:...

Displaying report filters on Excel Pivot Tables
I am using pivot charts to display different departments' data, over the course of the year. When looking at the graph, I often filter it to see just one department. When viewing and printing, I would like to be able to see which department the chart is filtered on. Is there a way to do this? ...

I have downloaded Outlook 2007, i can't find my personal folders
Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my personal folders. When i got to file>open>outlook data file there is nothing there and i cand find it on c drive What does "I downloaded Outlook 2007" mean? How did you back up and migrate your Outlook data file? -- Russ Valentine "kazza402k" <kazza402k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFD62E0-B8B0-4C64-9703-60E919025881@microsoft.com... > Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my > personal > folders. When i got to file&g...

How can an assembly work without the SequrityPermission that give it execute permission
Hi! I have the following three declarative permissions. [assembly:RegistryPermission(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, Read=@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software")] [assembly: UIPermission(SecurityAction.RequestMinimum, Unrestricted=true)] [assembly:RegistryPermission(SecurityAction.RequestOptional, Read=@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software")] Now to my question the assembly only have the following permission 1. RegistryPermission 2. UIPermission The other has been given away so to speak because of how the RequestedOptional work. So according to me this assembly doesn&...

New computer-Vista. Have 2002 Publisher but can't download floppy.
Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because it's in a floppy format. -- Duke Duke wrote: > Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because > it's in a floppy format. Publisher 2002 never came on floppies. The last version of Publisher to come on floppies was 97, I think. Publisher 2002 and later work out-of-the-box with Vista. Older versions need some fiddling. And floppy versions need a floppy drive. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org From another perspective - Do you mean yo...

Pivot table add one column
How can I add one column in pivot table? When I added a column of Average 100, pivot table created 3 more columns for the first 3 columns( and I don't like it) My data Book Label Price Average A Hard paper 200 100 B Soft 100 100 C Hard paper 200 100 F Plastic 50 100 K Soft 100 100 L Plastic 50 100 M Hard paper 200 100 K soft 100 100 R Soft 100 100 T Plastic 50 100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My pivot ...

show items with no data option in pivot tables
Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show items with no values check box in the field settings menu for pivot tables. It appears to be showing field headers that don't exist in my data???? I'm using Excel 2000. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html In fact, she has an addin that you may like: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotAddIn02.html AHuntington wrote: > > Can anyone help with some bizarre results I'm experiencing with the show > items with no values check box in the field setting...

Were can I find a design master I created?
I created a master slide design and it does not show up in the design template menu. Where could it be found? Julio Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Julio" <Julio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E246AB3D-9D8E-4C3B-A513-3E12EC97571E@microsoft.com... >I created a master slide design and it does not show up i...

Can't reach CRM Website
Hi, I have a problem with my CRM installation. I can only reach the CRM Website from the same machine, where it is installed. The CRM is installed on a SBS 2003 hosting a domain called xxx.local. My own pc is connected to a domain called abcdefg.com. I can reach the SBS 2003, by entering https://servername.xxx.local, but I can't reach the CRM Website. Can anyone tell me, what I'm doing wrong? I just get an IE Error 404. Hope someone can help me, as I need to get this up running in a jiffy :-) Brgds Thomas Thomas: Check if your CRM web site on IIS is running, and check in IIS...

Copy DL
How do you copy a Existing DL ? In Exchange 5.5 you select the DL and click on duplicate from the file menu. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Aklank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1400FED4-E242-4FFE-9655-1DB4BEE65BAC@microsoft.com... > How do you copy a Existing DL ? On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:06:06 -0700, Aklank wrote: > How do you copy a Existing DL ? I use ldifde to copy it to another organization. Members should already exist on the target server, otherwise use ldifde to extract membe...

Can a form linked to an autoLookup query update another table
I created a form that is updated with an AutoLookup query from another table once a certain linked field is filled in. Can this form be used to add a record to the source table with the updated information? When that record is saved, the record is added to the form's source table - assuming the form is bound to the source table. How does your form save the record? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "oterosuz" <oterosuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3608D905-8769-435E-B5E5-7B0F566AFD63@microsoft.com......

how can I get matching to work? (M06)
All of my accounts sync online After it syncs, how do I match up the payments from my checking account which are credit card payments with the transactions in the various credit card accounts that are those payments? I have read through the help and just keep going in circles. If I change the category for a credit card payment to the credit card account, it just creates a new transaction in the credit card account. It seems to me that there should be a way to get these payments to match up automatically, and if not automatically there definitely should be a way for me to match them up ...

single web page can be viewed without publisher?
I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to people in single web page (mht) format. Will those without Publisher be able to open and view the newsletter in that format? Why not send it as a .pdf file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Kaylen" <Kaylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80A03B40-0CB6-4DB0-A4F9-E68737BBD0B1@microsoft.com... > I've created a newsletter using publisher 2003, I want to send it to > people > in single web pag...

I have 2 Access DB with linked tables
In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and tblHardwareRequest. I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another dept. for further action. My Need: I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2 is ProDate (i.e projected dated). Sorry for the long explaination. Any assistance will be highly appreciated! With regards, Sokan33 wrote: > In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblIm...

REPLY TO: how can i creat options in a cell of excel worksheet
You really need to give more information on what you're looking for. What do you mean by "Options"? Also, if you don't leave a message in the message portion when you're posting, many of us can't reply to the request. HTH, Barb Reinhardt ...

Excel can't open some spreadsheets sometimes (so very very odd)
I have a user who upon powering up their lap top here at work when it is in the docking station can't open some Excel spreadsheets. He's using Excel 2007, he's running XP on a new Dell laptop with 2GB of RAM. Everything is up to date. Some XLSX files that should be prompting him for a password are spitting out an error that wasn't passed along to me but says something along the lines of "this doesn't appear to be a document Excel recognizes" Some XLS files that aren't protected Excel says that the file despite its extension is not an Excel spreadsheet and...

calculated column in pivot table
Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other columns. I have tried creating formulas but that does not seem to do the trick. The answer is yes. For anything less general, we'll need specifics on what you tried, and what happened. "does not seem to do the trick" does not give us much to go on. Regards, Fred "freeriderxlt" <st.jdaich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:97a60a38-262d-4a91-9474-7c26d8c44be3@a16g2000pre.googlegroups.com... > Can I create a calculated column in a pivot table from two other > columns. I have trie...

Display Data Table in chart but don't show plot area
I am using Excel 2003. I have created some charts/graphs with data tables, chart titles, etc. My customer only wants to see the data table and chart title for each graph. Is there a way to turn off the plot area and change the size of the chart so that the chart title is close to the data table? But the data table merely reflects what is in the cells used to make the chart! Why not just display that data in a new format? Or am I missing something? best wished -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "RW" <RW@discussi...

Can not configure Outlook for RPC over HTTP
I have an Outlook client - 2003 SP2 (11.8010.8107) that I am unable to setup RPC over HTTP on. On the Connection tab where this would normally be configured there is nothing there. Just the Connection section and the modem section. The section labeled Exchange over the Internet does not exist. I've tried removing office and reinstalling, but this still did not resolve the issue. Is there anything additional that has to be configured for this to show up? Thanks, Tim In news:ONkPBOAFHHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Tim Kalligonis <tkalligonis@comcast.net> typed: > I hav...

Can't exit application due to an infinite loop in a thread.
Hi. I make a program with Visual C++. First I create, show and update a Window. Then I launch a thread which has and endless loop. After that I get, translate and dispatch the messages for my window. When I close the window, the system distroys it, but the program doesn't exit. It does only if i remove my loop from the thread. Here is some code: int __stdcall WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,LPSTR lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow){ ........./// variables defined HWND hwndMain = CreateWindow("MainWndClass", "Sample",WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW,100,100,250,210,NULL,...

Autofill formulas when inserting rows in excel tables
Is it possible to have the formula in a column automatically be placed in a cell when you add a new row into an excel table (not a data table). Seems I saw this somewhere. ...

can i water mark part of a worksheet
can i water mark part of a worksheet See Watermark http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html and http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP012138021033.aspx best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Excell buff" <Excell buff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0CD4BFC-64B9-4FAC-8808-35D1ED22BD5A@microsoft.com... > can i water mark part of a worksheet ...

Outlook 2007 Can't give me My Emails
I have Windows Live with Outlook 2007. It was working fine until I tried to make it stop asking for my password constantly. At one point, it asked me to reset my password, which I tried to do, but I think I somehow made a typo and the system remembered a password I did not intend to enter. I now have no idea what it might have been, and am therefore locked out of my emails. I am writing this question to you from my husband' email account. ALL I want to do is go back to my initial hotmail outlook account with my ORIGINAL password. The system will not let me do that with...