can one cell contain more than one independent number

0
K (139)

A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or
line breaks (Alt+Enter).

However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best
to keep them in separate cells.

John K wrote:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/1/2005 5:45:51 PM
there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data)
for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and
validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
  but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about
it...

Can't Send and Receive
Error Message Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Re: Re:', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (2)', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F ?Any Ideas? The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scannin...

Where can I get a download of the games Free Cell and Solitare
I have a new computer with Windows 7 and frequently enjoy playing the above games but cannot find them on this addition of Windows only a commercial lsite trying to sell games of no interest to me. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Games" <Games@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

How to get Value Cells for Sheets name
with many sheet, i don't know before, it depends on files how to get value of $cell that named for that sheet ths for helping. best wish. -- vumian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vumian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36494 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562673 I'm not sure what you are asking, but try =CELL("filename",A1) The workbook needs to be saved for it to work properly. "vumian" <vumian.2b5ya6_1153263608.5373@excelforum-n...

Numbered Procedural Steps Alignment
I am a technical writer who uses Word a lot to write user documentation. I recently upgraded to Office 2007, and there are several things that I find are very unfriendly for writing procedures. The procedural template I use for one company uses Arial 11 pt font for the document content, and Arial 14 pt for the number of the steps, as well as call out on the screen images. The initial indent level for the procedures is to have the number at 0 left margin and the content that follows it indented to .25". This works great for 1 - 9, but when I get to double-digit numbers, it...

page numbering
Hi I am using Word 2007 - and have looked on the boards for answers but those I have tried haven't worked! I am working on a dissertation and have created sections for Title page/ Contents/ List of Illustrations and want {Page} of {Numpages} to start at Section 4 - Introduction and continue through the rest of the sections/ chapters (so far up to 11 sections). The first page of the Introduction is currently page 4 but I want to start the numbering there with page 1. I seem either to get numbering on all pages - or on the first page of each section and not the rest of th...

How do I compare a vertical column of numbers to another verical .
I have an Excel workbook that contains 2 verical columns of numerical part numbers that I need to compare for matches and no matches so I can synchronize one set of data to another. warehouse guy wrote: || I have an Excel workbook that contains 2 verical columns of || numerical part numbers that I need to compare for matches and no || matches so I can synchronize one set of data to another. Have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Can't open archive file...
Hello All, Recently I started backing up my archived emails on my laptop to a USB high-capacity drive. I use a backup tool called TK8. Well, I recently had a need to restore the file and when I did, I get an error that reads: File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file "<file name here>.pst" Any idea what may be the cause? All the credentials are the same. HELP!!! Thanks. hnmcclain@gmail.com Make sure the file isn't marked Read-only in its attributes. "HNM74" <hnmcclain@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11459...

How can I create stem and leaf charts / box plots?
-- Dave Finch See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#BoxWhisker best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dave Finch" <DaveFinch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6817357A-A4C7-41B3-A11B-1F3304EB5BBD@microsoft.com... > > -- > Dave Finch ...

Validating floating point numbers
I'm building up 32-bit 'float' and 64-bit 'double' values from data that is arriving over a serial link. Do any of you fine people know of a function or method that I can use to confirm that the data makes a valid floating point number and not a NAN or infinity, etc? Thanks. -- Fenster Fenster wrote: > I'm building up 32-bit 'float' and 64-bit 'double' values from data that > is arriving over a serial link. Do any of you fine people know of a > function or method that I can use to confirm that the data makes a valid > floating po...

How to firewall one program only?
I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet. I'm using Windows XP SP3. I'd rather not use a full blown software app though (like Norton or McAffee) since I already have a firewall in my router which unfortunately can only block entire domain names or websites. Please advice. Thanks. From: "Bofhluser" <matt8500@gmail.com> | I'd like to prevent one program .exe (eg. myprogram.exe) from | accessing or being accessed to and from the Internet. I'm using | Windows XP SP3. I'...

How can i change the default line weight in an excel chart #2
I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, however every time i change something on the graph from the drop down box the line weight goes back to it default (lighter) weight. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 NPG wrote: > I select a heavier line weight for a Pivotchart graph so it is easier to see, > however every...

automate cell to divide by 1000
Hi i want to automate a cell/cells to be automatically divide by 1000 eg in cell A1, if i enter 1000,000 then the outcome should be 1,000. Thanks Hi Rohit, > eg in cell A1, if i enter 1000,000 then the outcome should be 1,000. Use a custom number format. More number formats, then select Custom, then enter #,##0, including the trailing comma. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Note that the custom format doesn't actually change the value/outcome that's stored in the cell. To actually change the value, one way is to choose Tools/Options/Edit and change ...

Searching for repeated numbers in the same column
In the future, put your question in the body of the message, please. We cannot respond to empty messages (title only). Assume your numbers are in column A, from row 2 down to row 1044 In any available column, put this formula on row 2: =CountIf($A$2:$A$1044,A2) and fill the formula down to row 1044. It will show a value of 1 where the number in column A is unique to the list, it will show a value greater than 1 where multiple occurrences of the number on that row appear in the list. ...

Inserting one contact into an invoice in excel
Is there a simple way to insert one contact from outlook into Excel? MS Word has a simple way to insert one contact into a document. Is it possible to insert a contact into excel in the same way?. I also want the contact to be formatted as shown below: INVOICE: Jim Doe 111222 Somewhere Rd. My City, CA 45612 (312)555-1212 If someone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks ...

How can I move Excel to my new computer?
I bought a new computer. I have Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714) SP3 on my old computer. I need it on my new computer. How can I move it from my old computer to my new computer? Both computers are running Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. How did you install it on your old computer in the first place? Use the same process. If you bought your old computer with Excel already installed, you should have received installation disks with that. Just bang them in your new computer and follow the instructions. If you don't have any installation disks, i think you are a bit stuck. -- A...

Error Posting a Payable Management Transaction
Receives an error when trying to post a PM Transaction - With or without a check. The transaction is deleted and a check on the fly is created, but the error "Can't Close Table" occurs. Error does not occur if the transactions are saved to a batch. -- Deions ...

Can't Print from Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3348834055_9289967 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In addition to the reminders not working (I sent up new reminders yesterday, and even they don�t work), when I try to print a message, Entourage 2008 quits. Latest version of Office and Snow Leopard. --B_3348834055_9289967 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable &...

How can I find a template or create one for daily fuel receipts?
I need to save/record daily fuel receipts, but the originals are czrbon and do not copy or scan well. How can I create a receipt form showing perhaps 5 days receipts that can easily be filled in by me? Millie Dunham wrote: > I need to save/record daily fuel receipts, but the originals are czrbon and > do not copy or scan well. > How can I create a receipt form showing perhaps 5 days receipts that can > easily be filled in by me? try paper and pencil "Millie Dunham" <MillieDunham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:216537C0-AC50-4F7A-B630-9A...

Can CRM 3.0 be installed on Windows 2003 Server x64?
Hi All, I trying to install MSCRM 3.0 on a Win 2003 Server x64 machine but cannot get past the MSXML 4.0 pre-requisite. Cannot install MSXML 4.0 as it is a 32bit app. So I installed MSXML 6.0 which has support for 64bit but MS CRM is still requesting that I install MSXML 4.0. So in summary is it possible to install MS CRM 3.0 on a Windows 2003 Server x64 machine? Thanks in advance. Cary. "No" dixit Microsoft Support. Patch will be available Q1 Hi, Fred. Where can I get such information? I'm intrested in details. Such as exact date of this update releasing and synop...

How can I open up a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000?
How can I open up a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000? You can't. Have your correspondent save the file as a 2000 Publisher document. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rodeo rich" <rodeo rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:589DF782-CCF8-4FC1-A58F-E04201915DC3@microsoft.com... > How can I open up a Publisher 2002 file in Publisher 2000? ...

Can anyone recommend a print contol library please?
Hello, Can anyone recommend print control libraries for VB .Net please? I'm writing an app to print the attachments of mail messages and it's difficult to handle PDF, Office and any possible graphic file format via the standard printprocess. Ideally, I'd just like to save the attachments to disk and and then pass the filenames to a control, which would popup the standard print dialog or just print. Thanks, - Alan. If I am reading your question correctly, you are trying to print the contents of an email attachment from your .net app -- bypassing having to open the ...

Can t read mac-word files containing excel graphs on a PC
I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating system OS X 10.3.5 panther. I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that contains the relevant data). I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do a Paste Special, paste as image. So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word document (scientific report). The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document". I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They all told me they could not see the excel graphs. They (the ...

Macro
I have a dynamic range of data that I pivot (multiple consolidation range) using a macro. the next step is to double click on the intersection of grand totals - this allows me to get the desired lay out. Problem: As my range is dynamic this "cell" isn't constant. I need a macro that automatically pics up the bottom right corner of a pivot table. Here is the layout of the pivot table - the cell in question is the one with "13" in it. Count of Value Column Row basic commission overtime Grand Total 1 1 1 1 3 2 1 1 2 3 1 1 2 4 1 1 5 1 1 2 6 1 1 1 3 Gran...

How do I create page numbers in multiple sections?
I have a document with different sections set up but am trying to get the page numbers in the footer to start from 1 in each section and can't get it to work. It would be Section 1 - Page 1 then Page 2, then Section 2 - Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, then Section 3 - Page 1, Page 2, etc... Help!! make sure in the footer "link to previous" is off in each new section. hope this helps. "Frustrated Footers" wrote: > I have a document with different sections set up but am trying to get the > page numbers in the footer to start from 1 in each section and can...

how can i lock cell immediately if any value Entered?
I want lock a cell immediately when i entered a value. So that the user cant change the value what he entered. But it should be done automatically. The very next process of his entry it should be done. not practical - you will type mistakes (i was going to say 'might') you would need a macro to lock cells as you type, and when you finished choose: Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet to disable all locked cells "Sureshsmartdc" <Sureshsmartdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07911F9F-AFDD-4627-A02F-BCC7497A2C46@microsoft.com... > I want lock a c...