Can one adjust Format Row Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when printing

Does anyone know if you can adjust Format Rows Autofit to ensure WYSIWYG when
printing.  I am continually frustrated that when I print after using the
autofit function that I get text cut in half and underlines missing.  Autofit
does not seem to work properly.  Can it be set to slightly overcompensate
perhaps?

Hi Gray, this problem only happens when you're working in a zoo
different from 100%; so if you're working with 115% and autofit th
rows they won't show up properly when you print (they will be cutted)
Also there is a problem you have to consider is when you use Bold o
Italic fonts.  If you're using them it's better to make the Autofi
zooming the sheet at 90% and then printing, that way you'll get th
whole cell for sure.

Saludos

NlC

--
NlC
NlCO's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2612

I don't think you can ensure anything.  But you could autofit and add just a bit
to each rowheight?

I adjusted all the used rows in the active worksheet with this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim myRow As Range

    Set wks = ActiveSheet
    With wks
        .UsedRange.Rows.AutoFit
        For Each myRow In .UsedRange.Rows
            myRow.RowHeight = myRow.RowHeight + 2
        Next myRow
    End With

End Sub

You can play around with that "fudge factor" to see if a smaller number would be
sufficient (or larger???).

====
And sometimes when you have lots of text in cells, the last few rows just seem
to drop off the world.  If you add alt-enters every 80-100 characters, you can
see more in the cell.

The bad news is that autofit may not work (depending on how much text is
there).  You'd have to resize that row manually (or add a line to the macro--if
you know the line number!):

    With wks
        .UsedRange.Rows.AutoFit
        For Each myRow In .UsedRange.Rows
            myRow.RowHeight = myRow.RowHeight + 2
        Next myRow
        .rows(33).rowheight = 66
    End With

--

Dave Peterson
0

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

format negative dollars
We have 2 computers in this office, both with Office XP On one we get ($ 4.00) on the other we get -$ 4.00 This format seems to vary from file to files. Is there a way to set the default on Excel to ($ 4.00) ? Thanks Doug Doug, It might help to check the Regional Settings in the Control Panel (I assume your using windows). It has settings for currency and number displays which will affect excel. Check if yours and your co-workers settings are the same. Dan E "doug loewen" <doug@aacropolishomes.com> wrote in message news:004f01c38c25$5c483320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > W...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Duplicate entries & Conditional Formatting
Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I want the font to change to bold. Thanks. Yes, provided it is a named range within the same workbook. Select the cells and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is> =COUNTIF(MyRange,A2)>0 Format for the change if TRUE. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "hmm" <hmm@hmm.com> wrote in message news:3FCCCF2F.42E759CF@hmm.com... > Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I > want the font to change to bold. > > Thanks. > ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

Printing in reverse order
I have printed out nearly 500 letters to be mailed out using mailmerge and publisher. I would like to not run them through the printer again and print address info on the reverse side so they can be run through a folding machine and mailed out. PROBLEM: the list and the pages are in reverse order and since I merged personal info on one side, the address side must correspond. Can publisher print out in reverse? I have tried copies from 500 - 1 but it still print from 1 - 500. The original list was not sorted in any manner, it was exported from a database. Suggestions please... TIA R...

numbering rows
Is there a way to number each row in Excel so that when it prints out the rows all have numbers? I couldn't find it in Msft online Help but I guess that's no surprise. thanks! Jane Two options. 1. In page setup>sheet select "row and column headers". Note this will print the column headsers also. 2. Insert a column to left of your original columns(will become column A) Enter in A1 =ROW() and drag/copy down the column as far as you wish. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:15:10 -0700, "jane" <jfnysf@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a ...

creating a document from an Excel row
i have an excel doc with something like... title1 title2 title3 blah1 blah2 blah3 next1 next2 next3 1) i want to be able to click on the grey left-hand button for each row, and generate a 1-page report for that row. eg, if i click on the left button next to "blah", i want an excel page like title1: blah1 title2: blah2 title3: blah3 to be printed out. clicking on the button by "next" would give me title1: next1 title2: next2 title3: next3 2) And even better, going a bit further...this same page generated in a directory which has the same name a...

Can't sign in to 2004?
Now, another problem. I can no longer sign in with my hotmail and password if "use Money's online features that require a passport" even though I am signed on to MSN with that passport. I tried resetting the hotmail password for both MSN and Money 2004 but still can't get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, MrEKJ wrote: >Now, another problem. I can no longer sign in with my hotmail and password >if "use Money's online features that require a passport" even though I am >signed on to MSN with that passport. I tried resetting the hotmail password &...

Hiding Column and Row Bars.
I know theres a way to costumize the way you view an excel page by hiding toolbars, but is there a way to hide the rows and column bars just so all you can see is the actual page. E.G. is there a way to Hide the top bar that defines the colums "A", "B", "C","D" and Rows 1,2,3,4,5. Go to Tools>Options>View, there are a number of options you can play with there. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tamato43" <tamato43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D1E5DEB-D6F2-47C8-95E2-2...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...