I am trying a "conditional formatting" on a cell that contains
formula, but it didn't work.
"If cell value is equal to 0 then font - white" This doesn't work,
stays always.
If i use this condition on a cell without formula it works just fine.

Thank

--
si
sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262

Hi
are you sure your formula returns an exact zero?. Could you post the
formula in this cell

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2621
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
10/9/2004 8:33:55 AM
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 03:13:59 -0500, sit
<sit.1duo7a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

>I am trying a "conditional formatting" on a cell that contains a
>formula, but it didn't work.
>"If cell value is equal to 0 then font - white" This doesn't work, 0
>stays always.
>If i use this condition on a cell without formula it works just fine.

It works just fine with a formula as well. If it's not working (and
you do have the arguments for the conditional formatting set
correctly), then your formula is evaluating to something other than
zero. Do you perhaps have number formatting on the cell (say, zero
decimal places) which may hide a very small decimal value and make the
value *look* like zero even if it's not?

If that's not it, I suggest posting the formula and details of the
values that it's fed when it's supposed to be returning zero.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

conditional formatting sort

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

using the journal on outlook

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

default values in a cell

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

number format with leading 0

Formula for cross tab data filling

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Is there a way to cut off unused cells on a sheet
It seems there are an infinite number of cells on a sheet. As I really dont have much info to enter on each sheet I was hoping there was a way I could somehow cut off all the extra stuff to the sides and bottoms. It is a hassle because everytime I scroll, it will scroll off the side or bottom way past what I was looking for. Thanks! A manual way is to goto the last used row and delete all rows below. Do the same with columns. SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "newbie" <newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:469AABE7-8D17-4B72-91C1-...