Can I start a macro using a # key?

Hi all
can anyone help me with starting a macro called "gsw"
by using the # or | or ~ key?
The reason being I am trying to activate this macro
by barcode scan and I cannot print a barcode using
ctrl + X

TIA

0
ftcarm (16)

Check out the OnKey method in help.

Sub DoKeyAssign()
    Application.OnKey "#", "gsw"
End Sub

Sub gsw()
    MsgBox "Hello!"
End Sub

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Uses for Screen OCR technology
I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it determines rather than estimates its results. The main advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as 6 point. It also works with both types of font smoothing. I have thought of a few different uses for this technology, I want to see if anyone here can come up with any more uses. -- Patented SeeScreen enables programs to see anything on the computer display screen www.SeeScreen.com ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

How can i change this VBA project According to Indian Numeric
Sir/Madam I got a VBA project from MCServices, But problem is How i should modify this to display This Numeric Value like - 2551525.35 It should display in text = Twenty Five Lac Fifty One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Five Rs and Thirty Five Paise. I m sending Herewith my VBA project. Pls change necessary and help me. thanks Rao Ratan Singh Option Explicit 'Main Function Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = &...

Allow a contact to use its Account's addresses
Since contacts associated to an Account all use the same addresses, allow a contact to use its Account's addresses ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9c809...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Can I insert multiple scales on the Y axis of a single XY graph?
I am trying to plot three parameters on a single XY line chart. Is it possible io have three different scales charted to cover all the three parameters which are quite variable numerically? Using Excel 2000 No, you can only have a left and a right y-axis. Workaround: let's assume one series has very small numbers; have a column with these values multiplied by say 1000; plot this column and use a legend like "voltage x 1000" If one series is too large, have a column with the numbers divided; legend "Sales in $million) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people...

Highlighting whole row in this macro
Can I add something to this so that when the A1:A100 field is changed, the whole row (A-L) is highlighted ColorIndex 6? Dim x, cl Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(0, 1) = x Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) x = ActiveCell.Value End Sub target.entirerow.resize(1,12).interior.colorindex = 6 or since the target is already in column A: target.resize(1,12).interior.colorindex = 6 eastrivergraphics@gmail.com wrote: > &...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

Using Building Blocks, Content Controls and XMLMappings to generate multi-page template-generated sections in a Word Document
Dear Readers, I would like some of your insight and feedback regarding a document I am creating. Here is the scenario. The document is a package that describes a toy collection. There is supposed to be a section in the document which consists of a sequence of pages that repeat an identical one-page template for each item in the collection. I have an XML document (Excel Table mapped export) which describes each item in the collection, and I would like to programmatically generate these pages of the document from the content in the XML file and the presentation in the template. S...

Changing button colours with a macro
Any advice on this one - I am very inexperienced with the writing of macros, but have managed to write a few and attach them to buttons, I would like the buttons to change colour each time they are clicked - any suggestions?? VBA code: Worksheets("Sheet1").Shapes(Button64).Select With Selection.Font .ColorIndex = 3 End With Jim "Rinativers" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5CEBA6-884C-4576-A105-B2F4AF50B5EE@microsoft.com... > Any advice on this one - I am very inexperienced with the writing of macros, but have...

Money 2002 opens very slowly! Started few days ago!!! HELP
Hi to all, I have problem with Money2002. It is full with data from last year and until few days ago everything was ok. In average it would took about 3-5sec for MsMoney to open all the data, but since yesterday I need to wait app 10- 15sec for MsMoney to open. I tried everything but no luck. Anybody have a clue what this could be. Thanks in advance Is 15 seconds really that long to wait? What other programs and data have you installes/saved in the last year. Is your drives getting full? In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: > >I have problem with Money2002. It is full with...

Using innerXml and outerXml on a xmlDataDocument leaks cpu-resourc
Selecting element nodes from a xmlDataDocument using the childNodes collection or by using selectSingleNode and then reading innerXml or outerXml leaks cpu-resources. A trivial example showing this behaviour is included below. Running this example increases the cpu-load gradually and reaches 100% within a minute or two. The problem exists with innerXml as well as outerXml operations. Using a xmlDocument instead of a xmlDataDocument does not show this behaviour. Imports System.Xml Public Class Form1 Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Private xmlData As New XmlDataDocument ...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

Find Where Specific Fonts Have Been Used in a PowerPoint Presentat
Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the fonts that are used in a presentation but not where. MS Word will search for fonts with the find dialogue. I am looking for similar functionality with PowerPoint. In article <6CDAC5DB-AFCF-4485-9EAB-5146B5B5411C@microsoft.com>, John B wrote: > Is there a way to find where specific fonts have been used in a PowerPoint > presentation. The Contents tab of the Advanced Properties pane list the > fonts that are used in a...

Macro to extract in string
Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Bob was graceous enough to provide the vba script below, however I now need to make a minor change in it. It extracts part of a string in column A1 and puts the results after the last row in col B. I have approx 200 rows that do the same extraction. I would like to have the results placed in G1 thru however many rows. Each extraction goes on same row as it's orginal. I know to change the B to G for the column, but don't know what to change to have the extracted part go to G1 and so on, down the rows. Thank you, Calop Sub AREA_REPORT() Di...

Clicking Macros or Visual Basic Editor crashes Outlook
Hello, I am running Office 2003 on a HP computer with Windows Media Center XP. Every time I click on Tools/Macro/Macros, or Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor; Outlook completely crashes. There is no specific error message, and the contents of the data file that is sent to Microsoft will not copy to a text file so I can post it for help. I can click Tools/Macro/Security option just fine. I have the security set to Medium. The same options in Word and Excel work fine, bringing up the Visual Basic editor and a Macro list. I have tried "Detect and Repair" and it tells me ever...

using xmlspy generated code
HI XMLSPY enterprise edition have the ability to produce csharp code and classes depending on provided XML file and XSD Schema. does anyone have examples on how to use them. Thanks Tell it to generate a C# (assuming you're using dotnet) project for you then take a look at the code labeled test. It has examples of how to use the object model it creates for your XSD. ie: 1. You can Create instances of xml files adhering to your XSD. 2. You can load an exsiting instance in the object model and manipulate it using the objects and methods XMLSpy created for you. One caveat. When I last...

How to access macros via tool buttons?
Excel v2007 When using v2003, I had many macros In my Personal.xls, which I accessed via custom tool buttons on many custom toolbars that I built. I now have version 2007, which includes my old Personal.xls with all my macros, but I want the easy access to those macros I used to have. Being the tool ribbon is a different system, what is now the strategy for fast button-clickable launching of macros? Are buttons built, menus, what? [I already know about the Quick Access Toolbar, but I have over a hundred macros I previously had divided onto several toolbars that I'd hide and s...

what control should I use to display a bmp file?
Hello everybody, Like in subject: what control should I use to display a bmp file? I've created a dialog with 'picture control', but can't seem to find any way to display a bitmap on it having path given. It's not one, special bitmap. It's user-defined, selected from 'Open file' dialog. What method should I use to display a bmp on a 'picture control'? Any ideas? The following tutorial shows one way to load a bitmap. http://functionx.com/MFCFundamentals/Lesson11.htm -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] --------------------------------...

Losing Hyperlink's when using mail merge
Look for a fix to outlook stripping Hyperlink's form the body of an email. AFAIK, you'll need a third party mass mailing app, then - mail merge uses only plain text, if I recall correctly. John C wrote: > Look for a fix to outlook stripping Hyperlink's form the > body of an email. ...

How can I convert 2003 Word document into 2003 PowerPoint?
I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. Is it possible to convert the whole think into PowerPoint slides? I've tried, but all that shows is one slide with a heading and not each page. Thanks for any help! -- mae If your Word file is in Outline form, then when you import it into PP, it's supposed to make slides according to the heading levels (though I've never tried it). On May 18, 4:56=A0pm, mae <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. = =...

how can i create square-edged windows under XP (using 6.0.0.0 common controlsl)?
Does anyone know how to create square-edged windows under XP with the same style as the "DOS prompt" or "CMD" windows? I've noticed that one demo app I have actually changes style from the new XP windows to the same style as the "CMD" window on the fly - i don't need this level of flexibility but i'm using sticky/docking windows so I really need a square window style to work with. The EX_TOOLWINDOW style is a welcome step in the right direction because it's got a nice square border and the title-bar is slightly smaller than usual but it wil...