Can I split a cell diagonally, with text in each triangle ?

I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell
diagnolly,  colour each section and be able to type text in each triangle.
Is this possible and if so  how ?

Many thanks
Helen
0
T (153)

No it is not possible! (Now that I have said that someone will probably come
in with a method)

Youi could, however, make two triangles with different fills, and put text
in them or make the fills partially tranparent and put text in the cells
under them

"Helen T" wrote:

> I am putting together a calendar on excel and would like to split a cell
> diagnolly,  colour each section and be able to type text in each triangle.
> Is this possible and if so  how ?
>
> Many thanks
> Helen
0
BJ (832)

Using data from cells in a Query to a MS Access Database
I need to use a MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet to perform a simple set of calcs. One piece of information I need is stored in an Access Database. If I could have, I would have converted the spreadsheet to an MS Access database and programmed the query to use information from text boxes. However, not all employees in the company have MS Access on their computer. So I need to use an external query in Excel to look at the MS Access Database. I can do that pretty easily. The Query Wizard walks you right through it. However, I need to make it so that the criteria for the query is drawn ...

Cell Value vs Status Box Value
The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). Any suggestions/ideas? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ awarner1 <<awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in news:awarner1.11hdg3@excelforum-nospam.com: > The cell value is not the same as the vlaue in the status box, e.g., > status box shows 6147; cell value shows 64147 (format was with commas). > Any suggestions/ideas? What is the number format of the cell? -- My email address has an extra @ (spell ...

Split Transaction Annoyance
I *think* this is new in MSM2006, but am not sure. When entering a split transaction, once the split categories and amounts are entered, you click "Done" if it all adds up to the total amount of the transaction. No problem. If the splits don't add up, you're given popup choices to fix it. Fine. So, by opting for "Done," you've told Money you're finished with entering the split information and that it's correct. This takes you back to the main transaction page, which now has "Accept" bolded for action. However, if you press "Acc...

Can't open NRL Files (.nrl)
Hi all I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL File (.nrl). I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank you for your time reading this. "Wolfhorn" <Wolfhorn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:414B5A7D-8BD5-4476-9679-F2751B0F70FB@microsoft.com... > Hi all > I can't open 4 e-mails containing attachments, the Types Of File are NRL > File (.nrl). > I don't know how to open or how to look at the attachments, If anyone can > help me that w...

How do I add every few cells
How do I add cell B7, B10, B13 (every 3 cells up to 500+)? Note: The other cells such as B6 and B9 have other forumlas and info that is not to be included). I did this manually but the formula has now gotten so long that I get an error saying "formula too long". So I figured, there must be a shorter formula that just adds every 3 (or whatever designated) cells starting with one cell and ending with another. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((MOD(ROW(B7:B500)-1,3)=0)*(B7:B500)) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so...

Excel cell problem #2
I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for some reason, when I want to add or delete a cell in ANY column, I no longer have the option to shift cells up or down, it will only allow me to shift the entire row up or down. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here? I have some formulas set up to keep counts for me, nothing real special. Thanks in advance. -- Thanks Steve Have you applied Data|filter to that worksheet? Try data|filter|show all (to see everything) then try it out. Steve wrote: > > I have a workbook I have created (I am a novice), which for so...

Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?
I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand how to do that. Help! BJS, If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word" you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen captures. huber57 "BJS" wrote: > I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels. > Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand > how to do that. Help! Saved from a previ...

format cell to allow listing
How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the next cell below- is there any other way besides 'wrap text' and putting in spaces? To create a manual line break, use: <Alt> <Enter>. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "cy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1536c01c3fa2c$66a21870$a501280a@phx.gbl... How do I make a list within a cell (when I press enter, it goes to the...

Display page number in a cell
Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of header/footer? This would require some codding to find the pagebreaks and enter a sequential number in a cell above each page break. Have a look at this thread. http://snipurl.com/9ffk Note David MCRitchie's links to Myrna Larson code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:13:04 -0700, sbuddy <sbuddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to display the page numbering in a cell instead of >header/footer? ...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

Huge header: how can I reduce it?
A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in the main part, with what appear to be small regions of header and footer. However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table. Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be. I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of header/footer issues. I guess this is wh...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

(v)lookup part of text in cell
Hi. Can anybody solve this problem in excel? I want to lookup a part of a word in cells fa searching for john and get a "responce" like this: Johndoe | yes john,doe | yes doejoHn | yes samual | Johnace | yes pete | I was thinking it could be possible with using wildcards in the vlookup function, but I don' t know how. It would be nice if capitals are ignored. Tia Ted Hi, yes, you can use wildcards with vlookup: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP("*john*",A1,1,0),"","yes") or you can do this: =CHOOSE(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("john",A1...

Create form that can't be chg'd but info can be copied/pasted?
I've created a template & protected cells but I want to move data around, can I link info, or create form that the data lays on top of, etc. ...

Making a Blank Cell
I am displaying monthly data in a simple line chart. When the data in the assoicated cells (say for april onwards) is completely blank (not data or equation in the cell) the line on the chart stops at march (this is the effect i need). However, the data in the cells is not typed in but calculated from other cells. With the presence of the formuae the chart automatically assumes that the value for the month of april onwards is zero even if the cell value has been set by the formuea to equal "", causing the lines to drop to zero. Is there any way set a cell value to 'blank...

Text style and format
Hello, I'm presently using Pub2002 and would like to be able to create a text box with an up or down arc using any font I like. I tried using wordart but I don't like that option because you can't change the font. Any ideas? I don't know which version of 2002 you are using but I can change the font with mine. Select the style of Wordart you want and click OK. It will open a dialog box where you can edit the text, font, and font size. (I had to rewrite this because my first response was less than friendly. It upsets me when people don't at least *try* something befor...

scanost can not open file
I used to be connected to a Microsoft Exchange Server & therefore my Outlook works off an .ost file. However I no longer work for that company so I cannot link to the Exhange Server. However my .ost file has become currupt some how & I've tried running scanost.exe directly by going through program files, but it will not let me run it as it says that Outlook is not closed or some program that uses Outlook is running & therefore will not scan the .ost file. Has anyone a idea of what I can do please? Eddie If you are no longer connecting to the Exchange server, w...

Justifying in text boxes
How do I stop words from separating with a hyphen and continuing on the next line when I justify text? This doesn't happen in Word - I would rather that the word just start on the next line. Tools, Language, Hyphenation; uncheck "automatically hyphenation" -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "emma" <emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:239044B1-D7FE-4422-9E7A-321D03295BFD@microsoft.com... > How do I stop words from separating with a hyphen and continuing on the > next > line when I justify text? This doesn't happen in ...

Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?
Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing that I really miss and need when working back and forth between my G4 and PC files. On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie" <natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or >translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing >that I really miss and need when working back and forth >between my G4 and PC files. AFAIK you're SOL... ("As far as I know you're shit outta luck") to open ...

Sent as RTF format, Receiced as Plain Text. Why?
I am using Access to send Emails in RTF format The relevant code is With oItem 'Set the recipient for the new email .BCC = MailToStg '.BCC = "phil@stantonfamily.co.uk" 'Set the recipient for a copy .CC = "" 'Set the subject .Subject = Subject 'The content of the document is used as the body for the email ' *** Make sure Outlook -->Options --> Mail Format is set to RTF .Body = rtf.RTFtext .Send End With The Sent message appears correctly as RTF ( c...

batch conversion of URL text to hyperlink
I have about 2000 urls in a spreadsheet that are recorded as text. If I copy the text to the hyperlink address field the text in the cell becomes an clickable URL. How do I do this for all 2000 in one wave of the magic wand? Thanks, Chris I would use a formula in an adjacent column: Something like: =hyperlink(a1,"Click Me") or =hyperlink("http://" & a1, "Click Me") spacia wrote: > > I have about 2000 urls in a spreadsheet that are recorded as text. If > I copy the text to the hyperlink address field the text in the cell > becomes an clickab...

How can I stop Outlook from showing 'end' time in Monthly view? & how can I stop it from trimming the appointment titles...?
Outlook2003 / WinXP HI In the Monthly view of the calendar, is there a way to stop Outlook from showing each appointment's 'end' time? The problem is that it with the default settings, the appointment subject is trimmed far too short and is thus almost unreadable in the Monthly view. And even if I don't enter any 'end' time, in the Monthly view, Outlook still leaves space for it! - Any thoughts? Ship Shiperton Henethe I am now having the same problem in Outlook 2007. I've got outlook on two seperate computers. One is displaying start time only, and the oth...

need a refresher: text boxes on charts that use relational formulas?
I could have sworn that a long time ago, I set up one or more text boxes on a graph that had formulas in them, so the text that was showing would automatically change each month. I'm now using Win2000/XL2003, and not having much luck- I want to put my legend on the bottom, then a text box under it where I will show 3 values (one for each legend item) to provide some additional information on the graph. I have too many graphs to do this and have to update it all manually. What is the best approach to use, to link the contents of my text box (or similar) to the contents of a cell that on m...