Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text

Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
for a web page.

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900

Yes:

File > Save As...

and specify html
--
Gary''s Student

"Joe Miller" wrote:

> Can I Save an Excel spread sheet as html text (ie) just a simple text
> file, having nothing to do with webpages at the moment ? I will
> eventually want to apply the text in the simple text file to the source
> for a web page.
>

> --
> Joe Miller
> Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499012

0
GarysStudent (1572)
1/7/2006 3:54:02 PM
Dear Student of Gary,

I have tried 'file>save as' and it doesn't work for me - it seems to
want to interact with an existing web page.
I get no error messages, it just doesn't do anything.

Have you every saved as just a text file containing html script ?
If so I will appreciate the details of doing it.

Thanks

--
Joe Miller
Joe Miller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29900
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499012

Convert Excel Tables to Pivot Table Lists
Excel Tables to Pivot Lists Hello, I'm trying to convert excel tables into pivot table lists and I am looking for a method to do this besides cutting and pasting. The table has 6 columns (see below) with count of product for each year e.g. xxx1 prod1 100 in Yr1, 200 in Yr2, 300 in Yr3 etc. I want to end up with a 4 column list like, (see "Get into pivot table list in this form) Thanks Home....Prod....Yr1....Yr2....Yr3....Yr4 xxx1.....prod1....100....200....300....400 xxx2.....prod2....110....210....310....410 xxx1.....prod3....120....220....320....420 xxx2.....prod4....130....2...

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

data input in text box

Excel 2007

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

Using Visio HTML output within frames
Hi, I want to include visio HTML output in a frame of another html file. Unfortunately it is not working. I understood the problem is in vml_*.htm files. It is due to, the target arrtibute(pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href attribute (pointing to #) in v:shape tag. These attributes should point to "_top" and "<target-html-file>#" respectively inorder to work. I want to change these options while saving .vsd as web page? I would appreciate if you can help me in this regard. <v:shapetype id="VISSHAPE" target="_parent" coor...

Excel DNS query