Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?

I have a column of cells filed with data.  I know I can transpose the data 90
degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it
so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I am using Excel 2003.
0
salwitt (1)

One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from
1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of,
so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100)
select both columns and sort descending on the help column

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"salwitt" <salwitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a column of cells filed with data.  I know I can transpose the data
90
> degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste
it
> so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
> Thanks to anyone who can help.
>
> I am using Excel 2003.

0
terre081 (3244)
10/24/2005 9:25:50 PM
Data in A1:A100.

In cell B1 put 1, B2 put 2 and then fill down.  Select A1:B100, sort
descending on Col B

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"salwitt" <salwitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a column of cells filed with data.  I know I can transpose the data
>90
> degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste
> it
> so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
> Thanks to anyone who can help.
>
> I am using Excel 2003.

0
ken.wright (2489)
10/24/2005 9:26:24 PM
You can use a formula to reverse the order, so that both displays can be
side by side:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,20-(ROW(1:1)-1))
--
HTH,

RD

"salwitt" <salwitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a column of cells filed with data.  I know I can transpose the data
90
> degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste
it
> so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
> Thanks to anyone who can help.
>
> I am using Excel 2003.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Where can I download 'USBSTOR.SYS' file
I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is needed. Type the path where the file is located and then click OK." I don't where I can find this file. Can I download it from Microsoft's web site? On 18-01-10 02:48, Kim M Wagie wrote: > I bought a new IPod and as I am giong through the New Hardware Wizard, I > receive the error message...."The file 'USBSTOR.SYS' on Windows XP > Profesional Service Pack 2 CD is need...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Pulling data from separate tabs

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

default values in a cell

Disk drive order
Hello, How to make my disk driver appear as C: (Its a virtual boot drive) and enumerate the other disk accordingly? The physical disk is always enumerate first, and windows think he is C: Thanks Guilherme You are out of luck, physical devices are always enumerated first. This has been true since Windows 2000. -- Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD) Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting Website: http://www.windrvr.com Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr Remove StopSpam to reply "Guilherme Moro" <guilherme.moro@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7f0...

data sort

Terminal Server and GP Settings
Not being a Windows Terminal Server expert by any definition, I have a question for somebody who is. When wanting to have a user profile to store individual dex.ini files, my understanding is that each user would have his own Windows folder under their user folder. Additionally, if you typed SET at a command prompt, the settings for WINDIR would point to that user-specific Windows folder. Is this thinking correct? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you also have to make certain that the dex.ini does NOT exist in the program install location for GP or it will still look to that. Dwight...

predict future data

Help with importing data

Formula for cross tab data filling

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...