can i restrict data entry from certain columns

Is there a way to keep data from being entered in all columns afte
column B?  The data is scanned by wireless barcode scanner and th
scanner can only have one suffix (i.e. tab, space, enter) {can'
alternate}.  This will help in having to go back and cut and paste al
the entered data to the correct position on the spreadsheet

--
surgeando
surgeandoj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503

Select the cells you do not want to have data entered, lock those cells and
unlock all others.  Protect the worksheet but make sure
uncheck "Select locked cells" under the option "Allow users of this
worksheet to"

HTH

0
dnoel (171)

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

Links is in gray color (deactivate). How can I activate?
In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. Help please. Thans Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. yclhk "Rechie" wrote: > In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. > Help please. > Thans > Hi, Links Menu is still with gray color which means is not activated. "yclhk" wrote: > Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. > > yclhk > > "Rechie" wrote: > > > In Edit Menu,...

Validating Data on a Form with a subForm
I have a form with subforms with data validation in the main Form's Before_Update Event. The problem that I am encountering is when the user has not updated all required data but enters the subform the Form Before_Update Event fires and the validation will fail. Is there a way to know what the next object has been selected might be or how I would not perform the Form's validation when the subform has been selected? Any help will be appreciated!!! No. Access saves the main form's record at the point when you move from the main form into the subform. Any record that fails v...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Biztalk or Scribe for our data integration?
We recently started using CRM 3.0 and the time has come to decide on a data migration plan. So far I've looked at Scribe and it seems promising but my higher-ups are suggesting we take a look at BizTalk. Eventually we will need to pull (two way integration will be required with at least two legacy systems) data from several legacy systems including flat files, SQL Server and a Progress database to name a few. The possibility also exists that we'll want to accept Word, Excel and HTML documents from customers and have information they contain added to our database. Is BizTalk cap...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

enter data to different tables through one form
i have 5 tables. all of them has pers_no as primary key. they have one to one relation ship through the primary key amongest them. i want to create one form having a text box pers_no where i will enter the data and i want the data to get entered in each table. so how i am not able to do that. i request all you guys to help me. thank you. Sorry for the bad news, but that's not the right way to use Access. You cannot write to 5 tables from one form like that. If you are subclassing, you could create a form for entering the main form info, and then 5 subforms (probably on tab pages) f...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Importing data #2
hi I would like to import data from the web and although this is quite simple in Excel 2003 the new data (that comes in upon refresh) replaces the old. I was wondering if there is a way to keep previous history of the data, make Excel fill in adjacent cells with the new data for example. Thanks for taking the time to read this George hi, if you are using Microsoft query, the answer would be no. The Micorsoft query becomes a named range in excel that is linked to the query. by desing it expands and contracts at refresh to accommidate new data. I think to accomplish what you want yo...

Offsetting Chart data
I require to view data in chart format, the problem is as the data lines are so close I need to offset the data to view all on one chart for comparison. Can anyone help me with this?? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ What does that mean? "Offset the data?" If you want to see only a subset of the data, see the Dynamic Charts page of my site. You should be able to adapt one of the examples to your needs. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

Can't connect to links
We have 3 computers all running XP Pro connected through a Linksys router. Problem is when I click on a link in an email on my desktop (Outlook 2003) I am directed to www.comcast.net instead of the site. I have tried several different links. I am able to connect to the sites through my Comcast web based mail, my wife's computer (Outlook 2003) and my laptop (Outlook 2007). I did a detect and repair with the Office 2003 CD and the problem continues. Any ideas please? Thanks, ...

Alternate Column Shading to be applied only to visible columns
Dear Experts: Below macro applies alternate shading to the used range considering ONLY visible rows (alternate row shading to visible rows). Could somebody please re-write the code to perform COLUMN banding (alternate column shading) instead of row banding (alternate row shading) . Only visible columns should be considered. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ColorRows() Dim c As Range Dim CI(0 To 1) As Long Dim i As Long Dim Rng As Range CI(0) = xlColorIndexNone CI(1) = 15 'I actually changed this from her's for li...

OLE Object Data Type Question
Hi, a friend of mine supports a very simple Access 2000 database for keeping tracks of his .JPG file. The database has a table with several field, and one of them is of OLE Object data typy. He opens that table, rightclicks OLE Object field, selects Insert Oject and creates a link to a .JPG file. After finishing insertion the OLE Object field contains kind of "MSPicture3" or "MSImage3" (I don't remember exactly the text). Before a month ago he moved his database to another computer and now after insertion into the OLE Object field a link, it contains "...

Data Labels on Clustered Column w/ 3D Visual effect #2
Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect Is there a way to resolve this? Yes, use 2D charts. They provide a better representation of the values being plotted without the implied false third dimension. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ emwashburn wrote: > Clustered Columns can have Alignment as "Inside End" > > This doesn't seem possible with 3D Visual effect > > Is there a way to ...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

PA falta tipo moneda en ventana "Return from Proyect Entry"
La ventana de "Return from Proyect Entry" tiene que ser multimoneda ya que todo el sistema es Multimoneda. La ruta para acceder a esa ventana es Transacciones/Proyecto/PA Purchasing/Return from Proyect Entry. Ver incidente 8404987 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

XML Insert data C# ASP.net 2.0 Need to know how to insert by speci
Hello, I have the following XML Schema: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Schedule> <Day Name="Monday"> </Day> <Day Name="Tuesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Wednesday"> </Day> <Day Name="Thursday"> </Day> <Day Name="Friday"> </Day> <Day Name="Saturday"> </Day> <Day Name="Sunday"> </Day> </Schedule> I want users to be able to input the following tiomeblocks for a scheduling s...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...

Can't recieve and keeps asking for username and password?
I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there. Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i never saw before. Can someone help me -- Sharae Schneider Is it an email account prompt or a prompt to sign o...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

can I network this?
I have Money 2000 is it possible to network the information to my laptop? and how? Yahoo I did it all by my self!!!!:D >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2000 is it possible to network the >information to my laptop? and how? >. > Be very careful to avoid having the file open from both machines simultaneously even for MoneyExpress. Money provides no protection from corruption in this case. "becky" <Arvila1@tds.net> wrote in message news:058401c3570c$bb54d970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Yahoo I did it all by my self!!!!:D > >-----Original Message-...