Can I make "Row 1" "Always on Top?"

That would be incredibly convenient when scrolling down a (500 row)
spreadsheet that I've put together. The only alternative seems to be
copying Row 1 and pasting it in every thirty rows or so, which
(frankly) sucks.

I ask because I'm doing reasearch and have put together a long list of
busninesses to call and a set of questions for all of them. Excel seems
to be the best tool I have for sorting the data.

Sorry if this question is really basic, I just learned how to do math
with Excel last week!

I've looked through the properties, help files, searched these forums
and the web to no avail.

Anyone know? Or know of a workaround? TIA.

---

Wochachucka, select B2 then windows, freeze panes

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"wockachucka >" <<wockachucka.1b1rk1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> That would be incredibly convenient when scrolling down a (500 row)
> spreadsheet that I've put together. The only alternative seems to be
> copying Row 1 and pasting it in every thirty rows or so, which
> (frankly) sucks.
>
> I ask because I'm doing reasearch and have put together a long list of
> busninesses to call and a set of questions for all of them. Excel seems
> to be the best tool I have for sorting the data.
>
> Sorry if this question is really basic, I just learned how to do math
> with Excel last week!
>
> I've looked through the properties, help files, searched these forums
> and the web to no avail.
>
> Anyone know? Or know of a workaround? TIA.
>

> ---

newspab (272)
8/15/2004 8:44:53 PM
Select cell A2 and choose Freeze Panes from the Window menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"wockachucka >" <<wockachucka.1b1rk1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:wockachucka.1b1rk1@excelforum-nospam.com...
> That would be incredibly convenient when scrolling down a (500
row)
> spreadsheet that I've put together. The only alternative seems
to be
> copying Row 1 and pasting it in every thirty rows or so, which
> (frankly) sucks.
>
> I ask because I'm doing reasearch and have put together a long
list of
> busninesses to call and a set of questions for all of them.
Excel seems
> to be the best tool I have for sorting the data.
>
> Sorry if this question is really basic, I just learned how to
do math
> with Excel last week!
>
> I've looked through the properties, help files, searched these
forums
> and the web to no avail.
>
> Anyone know? Or know of a workaround? TIA.
>

> ---

chip1 (1821)
8/15/2004 8:46:54 PM
Here's an attachment for you visual types. TIA again

                 Attachment filename: excel.gif
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=64917

You could use the Windows/Freeze Pains to accomplish this.

Charlie O'Neill

"wockachucka >" <<wockachucka.1b1rk1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> That would be incredibly convenient when scrolling down a (500 row)
> spreadsheet that I've put together. The only alternative seems to be
> copying Row 1 and pasting it in every thirty rows or so, which
> (frankly) sucks.
>
> I ask because I'm doing reasearch and have put together a long list of
> busninesses to call and a set of questions for all of them. Excel seems
> to be the best tool I have for sorting the data.
>
> Sorry if this question is really basic, I just learned how to do math
> with Excel last week!
>
> I've looked through the properties, help files, searched these forums
> and the web to no avail.
>
> Anyone know? Or know of a workaround? TIA.
>

> ---

Thanks, A2 and B2 worked! Much appreciated.

Any idea on why choosing all of Row 1 freezes panes 1-7? Not ver
intuitive. Just trying to understand the program better.

Thanks again, Chip and Paul

Choosing B2 will also freeze column 1

I guess choosing all of row1 is ambiguous.

Choose all of row 2 and it will work.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"wockachucka >" <<wockachucka.1b1slm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, A2 and B2 worked! Much appreciated.
>
> Any idea on why choosing all of Row 1 freezes panes 1-7? Not very
> intuitive. Just trying to understand the program better.
>
> Thanks again, Chip and Paul!
>

> ---

twogilvy (1078)
8/15/2004 9:10:11 PM
Can the above be done to two or more sheets of a workboo
simultaneously

No, it only works on the activesheet.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"bokinuk >" <<bokinuk.1b1uao@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can the above be done to two or more sheets of a workbook
> simultaneously?
>

> ---

twogilvy (1078)
8/15/2004 9:47:01 PM
Pity about that :( but thks nonetheless.

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
> *No, it only works on the activesheet.
>
> *

---