Can I make cell completion mandatory in excel?

Excel 2000
0
Green (22)

You can set up your workbook so that it will not allow
the user to close the workbook without filling in certain
cell. For example:

Dim checkRng As Range
Set checkRng = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
    If checkRng.Value = "" Then
       Cancel = True
       MsgBox "Please fill in " & _
                checkRng.Address(False, False) & "."
    End If
End Sub

---
Place this in the ThisWorkbook module of your workbook.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
12/23/2004 2:03:08 PM
Just a thought...

Maybe this would be better in the _beforeSave event.

Then the user can open and close without having to fill in A1.

And with the _beforeclose event, I can save with A1 empty, fill in A1, close
(without saving).

--

Dave Peterson
0

0
jasonjmorin (551)

Excel 2007

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

move cell contents

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

make subreport2 visible based on condition
Help, I am running Access 2003 and have trouble getting this work right. I have an unbound subreport that contains 3 additional subreports. I want only one of the 3 to be visible based on the value in a combo box on a selection form. I can't seem to get the reference right and have tried several variations. If Forms!frmWeeklyGLrpt!cboCC = 1 Then Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDA.Visible = True Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDB.Visible = False Me!subrptGLWeekly.Report!subrptGLWeeklyCMRDC.Visible = False End If If Forms!frmWeeklyGL...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Can anyone help ?