Can I install Office 97 on my new windows xp computer?

I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new
computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office
97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install
this on my new computer with Windows XP?
0
whitedog (1)

Yes.

In article <569D8416-360C-4DBB-82A6-D1090EB53395@microsoft.com>,
 "whitedog" <whitedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new
> computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office
> 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install
> this on my new computer with Windows XP?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/3/2005 2:04:30 PM
Yes, you can. We've used Office 97 on XP here at work for over a year now.

"whitedog" wrote:

> I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My new
> computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my Office
> 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i install
> this on my new computer with Windows XP?
0
briangw (11)
6/3/2005 2:05:35 PM
Yes, due to customers requirements I have xl95, xl97 sr2 and xl2002 all on
the same computer. Be sure to put in separate directories (folders) and best
to install the oldest first.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"whitedog" <whitedog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had Microsoft Office 97 on my old computer operating on Windows 95. My
new
> computer has Microsoft Works and uses Windows XP. It will not read my
Office
> 97 Excel files from my old computer. I have the Office 97 cd. Can i
install
> this on my new computer with Windows XP?

0
Don

Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute everytime I compose or respond to a message
In OWA, Every time I try to compose or respond to a message, the Windows Office 2000 installer tries to execute and asks for the CD. Unfortunately, this Office 2000 problem has come up again even after all the updates to Office 2000. Also I am having trouble logging out. When I hit the logoff button, it brings up a sign-in screen asking for ID & password again. Whether I cancel it or fill it in and type OK, it then gives me a screen that says "access denied". I never get a screen which says that logout was successful. I have the same problem here... From what I've s...

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

upgrade from mac office to pc?

New Disk storage

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

can't customize toolbar

transferring to new pc

Creating new attributes

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Can anyone help ?

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Pop Up Windows
Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? -- Larry "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0B01C98-66BF-4FA5-8CED-0C434CCCFC62@microsoft.com... > Several sites pop up smaller windows with advertising. The opop up blocker > does not stop these smaller ad windows. How do I stop them? > -- > Larry You don't. They LOOK like a pop up to you, but the designer that wrote the page made them not conform to the rules that define the...

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

How can I set an alarm Excel?
I would like to set an audible alarm in Excel based on a cell value. Try this in the worksheet VBA editor. If the value of A5 is greater than 50 you get a beep. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim frequency As Long Dim duration As Long If Target <> Range("A5") Then Exit Sub If Target.Value > 50 Then frequency = 4160 duration = 1500 Call Beep(frequency, duration) End If End Sub HTH Regards, Howard "Annell" <Annell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFE8AA18-3F14-4A92-941D-053922417AB2@mic...