can I increase excel column numbers to more than 256?

I am trying to analyse tables including more than 256 variables. I cannot
transpose them into rows because the program i am using in association with
excel (xlstat) takes the columns as the variables. Is there a way to increase
the number of the columns?? or is it a fixed specification of the excel
worksheet? thank for any help!

0
aw.far (1)

Yes, it is fixed - you cannot increase the number of columns. You can,
of course, split your data up into chunks of 250 columns - the first
block of data on row 1, for example, then the next set starting on
another row etc.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Excel 2007

Trying to find out which numbers occure most often
I�m giving exams to students and want to see if the students are missin the same questions in every class. I have a simple spreadsheet tha has me enter the question number into the column each time a questio is missed. The MODE function can tell me which number is occurrin most often. However, I need to see if there is any other numbers tha are occurring often as well. Is there a command that will allow me to look at the second mos entered number? For example, if I have 5,3,3,2,3,4,3,4,1,3,4, my mod would be 3 as that�s the number that repeats the most. However, happens 3 times and that...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Counting number of X's in a column

Excel not Access

help with simple maths in excel

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Can anyone help ?

Excel DNS query

Number 040
How can I put the numbers starting by zero? I want to put the number 040 as a number but it dont allow me. Any help... -- Drazic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Drazic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24602 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=381894 to put 040, enter '040 but this converts it to text. Another method would be to enter 40 and then format the cell as custo and enter 000 in the box. Manges -- mangesh_yada ---------------------------------------------...