can I import excel cells into word as labels

I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as
labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to
import into Word as individual labels. can this be done?
--
Trial and Error takes too long!
0

Use Mail merge. :)
http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as
> labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to
> import into Word as individual labels. can this be done?
> --
> Trial and Error takes too long!

0
ng1 (1444)
10/17/2005 2:48:55 PM
use  Mail Merge,   I've not actually done what you asked for on a PC,
but if you can't figure it out using  Anne's directions or  mine at
   Mail Merge,  Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel
post back.   You may have some unique problems, but you probably
already have the label stock that you want to use. .

If you are labelling cables,   you might want to print the number
across the label   several times (possibly 8 times if short numbers) per label
then you can tear the label by hand and wrap one half on each
end of the cable -- or use one label per end depends on size of label
and what is written on it. .

---
HTH,

"wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com...
> I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as
> labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to
> import into Word as individual labels. can this be done?
> --
> Trial and Error takes too long!

Hi,
This worked great. Thank you for your fast reply!

--

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> use  Mail Merge,   I've not actually done what you asked for on a PC,
> but if you can't figure it out using  Anne's directions or  mine at
>    Mail Merge,  Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel
>    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
> post back.   You may have some unique problems, but you probably
> already have the label stock that you want to use. .
>
> If you are labelling cables,   you might want to print the number
> across the label   several times (possibly 8 times if short numbers) per label
> then you can tear the label by hand and wrap one half on each
> end of the cable -- or use one label per end depends on size of label
> and what is written on it. .
>
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com...
> > I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as
> > labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to
> > import into Word as individual labels. can this be done?
> > --
> > Trial and Error takes too long!

0
wichita6 (3)

link to cell in header or footer
what I like to do in Excel: - in any register for ex. "Register" I have included in cell "A1" text like "project ABC" - this text should be present in the header on top of the page when I print out - so I'm be able to change the header depends on the text in the cell I'm looking for any possibility to include this "=Register!A1" in the header Any idea? How can help? Robert If you put this small macro in worksheet code: Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Su...

how do I paste formulas in excel clipboard?
I am trying to paste various formulas in excel clipboard, but what it's copying to the clipboard is only the content of the cells. How do I get to paste formulas only? AndyBermuda Wrote: > I am trying to paste various formulas in excel clipboard, but what it's > copying to the clipboard is only the content of the cells. How do I > get to > paste formulas only? goto tools, options, click on "formulas" now you should have no problem -- markline ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markline's Profile: http://www.exce...

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

Copy adjacent cells?
I am using XL 2002 and want to automatically copy adjacent cells after subtotalling: 5/1/04 TAPCO 133121 PROMAX SYSTEM, INC 1,197.00 TAPCO 5/1/04 TAPCO 133121 PROMAX SYSTEM, INC 229.00 TAPCO PROMAX SYSTEM, INC Total 1,426.00 I want to somehow have the cell to the left of the total cell, reflect the cell right above it - in this case it would be "TAPCO 133121". The challenge is that the tables I work with, once subtotaled, have more than 30,000 records. Some of the subtotals are based on two rows like the one above, though they vary from one to 25, so t...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

IMPORT PROBLEM #3
I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" I try again later and get the same results. "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23%232QSPOQHHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I try to import a file from excel. It imports 9 records and stops. The >message is "Map1 Error ox80070057. Try again later" > > I try again later and get the same results. > > What is in the file you are trying to import? It is a name and e-mail address. I'...

Auto macro in Excel help
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to display first and is there a method to display the current user name which updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its on a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box that auto changes without it having to be clicked. Sub logontest() Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate Dim x Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network") Dim u u = x.UserName 'up...

Excel in a Tablet Question
A friend has a tablet with excel on it. He is able to draw object in excel. I wanted to used the macro recorder to record the steps he used, and it doesn't record any hand drawn operations such as drawing circles, lines, arcs. Does any one know I we can record those operations??? That would help me in writing VBA code to check the objects color and determine if it needs to be visible or invisible. Thanks, Gary You can record the selection of the completed object (Oval 5 here), and the setting of it's properties, as: Sub CheckShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 5"...

Can't find Windows Server 2003 Dutch MUI Pack for x64 Editions
I am looking for the Dutch (NL) MUI pack for a windows 2003 server R2 Sp2 64 bit version. Does anyone know where i can get this, and if it's available from the microsoft licensing site? We are only able to find the X86 version of the MUI pack. ...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

how do i find data in multiple sheets in excel
I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? From the Edit menu, choose "Find", click the "Options>>" button to extend the dialogbox to show the advanced options. In the "Within" dropdown list, choose "Workbook". Regards, Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Karline" wrote: > I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work > book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? Edwin's resp...

Stacked bar chart with totals
Hi everyone, I have a stacked bar chart with 8 items associated with the stacked chart. What I want is, is there a way to get the total amount for each stack and display it at the top of each bar? Like a regular bar chart does. This would be awesome if someone has some sample code or a add-in! Thanks! From another thread - Jon wrote "Make another series that represents the totals you want to display. Add this data to the chart as a new series. At first this series will appear as a new column stacked on the rest. Select it, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Line chart...

Visable Cells
I'm trying to copy visable cells only into another spreadsheet - I am following the instructions from the Microsoft Excel Help window. In the past I've been successful. However this time in following the same exact instructions, I'm getting the message: "The selection already contains only visable cells." What does this mean and how can I move forward? thanks! None of the rows or columns in the selected range are hidden. Copy, then paste in the other spreadsheet. jtoy wrote: > I'm trying to copy visable cells only into another spreadsheet - I am > follow...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

My comp cuts off every 15 minutes after I install "important" upda
I know that there may be 1000 people on here who have already asked this question, but in my case, I don't have the time to search for that answer. The reason I don't have time is this... For about the past 5 years, I have owned 3 different comps, and have had XP or Vista running on them. Every time I install the updates for my system, or I let the system update automatically, every 15 min. after the updates take effect,WITHOUT FAIL, my computer restarts itself!! I will then go into the control panel and completely reset my comp back to the last checkpoint that was ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standa.
I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. Acrobat gives me an error. I tried to print to a file, which worked, but then Acrobat won' topen the file so I can make the PDF. Help! Heather <Heather @discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't get Publisher 2003 to make a PDF using Acrobat 6.0 standard. > Acrobat gives me an error. What's the error? Btw, make sure you disable "Do not send fonts to "Adobe PDF"" in the Adobe PDF options dialog. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I...

Cell color
Dear colleagues, What is the easiest solution to the following problem? Depending of what I choose in the list of the cell in the first column the cell in the column 2 (same row) changes the color. This should work independently for all rows. e.g. Choosing 1 from the list in cell column 1 changes automatically the cell in the same row in column 2 to red (0 e.g. to green) I am looking forward for some hints. Thanks Alex If it's up to 3 colors, try normal conditional formatting .. Select col B Click Format > Conditional Formatting Under Condition 1, make the settings...

Can't exit design mode because Control <ControlName> can not be cr
Hi all, Can't exit design mode because Control <ControlName> can not be created. I am invariably running into the above error message when messing about with my form which contains ActiveX controls (just a few checkboxes & DTPickers). Could anyone shed any light as to why this might be occuring, of course I know that it's my actions (cutting and pasting controls without care) that might've caused it, however I would love to know what is actually going wrong and how to fix it, my googling has born no fruit! Please and thank you! ...