Can I get a cell to automatically rezero after entering a value. H

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that calculates inventory with a column
for initial inventory), total inventory used, Inventory remaining, and a
column where you add in the quantity used for the last order and it
automatically deducts the quantity used from the balance. I'm running into a
problem where the number that I enter in the 'quantity used' column remains
and  when I make other changes in the same row, it deducts the quantity used
an additional time. If I could get the value that I enter to go to zero, or
the cell to clear after I enter a value, my problem would be solved.

hi
from your post, i suspect that you might have a "worksheet change" event
running in the background.  is this true?? if so, post your code.

regards
FSt1

"Kanta1435" wrote:

> I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that calculates inventory with a column
> for initial inventory), total inventory used, Inventory remaining, and a
> column where you add in the quantity used for the last order and it
> automatically deducts the quantity used from the balance. I'm running into a
> problem where the number that I enter in the 'quantity used' column remains
> and  when I make other changes in the same row, it deducts the quantity used
> an additional time. If I could get the value that I enter to go to zero, or
> the cell to clear after I enter a value, my problem would be solved.

How to get ride off this warning ?
Hi: I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another function like this: void foo (UINT string_id) { CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); } During comiling, got error at casting ((LPCTSTR)string_id. But it works fine. Just wonder, how to get ride off this warning? Thanks In Advance! Polaris use reinterpret_cast<LPCTSTR>(string_id) > Hi: > > I have a string resource defined. I need to pass this string ID to another > function like this: > > void foo (UINT string_id) > { > CString str ((LPCTSTR)string_id); > } > ...

How to get free traffic to your website
The facts you should know about making money online! Hi , my name is Ben Durandt. -Discover how to get 1 Million visitors without paying a dime in advertising! -Discover how a young 31 years old man just became a millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! He paid cash for a Porsche 911 Carrera convertible and a giant domain with private lake in only 28 days. More than 20,000 people have been raging on his website every day! ... Because he just revealed HOW to do it! Heck, go there TODAY and See what he has to say! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=34180 -...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Getting an Error when there is nothing to show
-- The bottom of my report which is a statement shows #Error when there is no Invoices to add up. Can I have it blank instead. this my text Box Control Source thanks for any Help....Bob =Reports!rptOwnerPaymentMethod!subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount!tbAmount.Value Try: =IIf([subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[HasData], [subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount].[tbAmount]) Explanation in: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.h...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

can you tell me what an error 920 is?
I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is appreciated You can go to the following link and it explains the issue you are having and how to fix it: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=295691 "Julie" wrote: > I'm trying to save a visio file out as a jpeg, or gif, or png. I keep > getting the error with no explanation of what the error means - any help is > appreciated > > > ...

can you see what i am writting?

automatically naming files for savingb

How can I choose alternate rows in a column?
My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can choose alternate elements and create 2 new columns then I can just subtract the 2 columns easily. Huh? "pnair" <pnair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D47AD012-084B-49C6-8672-5067E8455D9E@microsoft.com... > My requirement is to be able to create a column whose elements consist of > difference between adjacent elements in a column, say column A. If I can > choose alternate elements and create 2 new colum...

Summing distinct rows in same cell
Sorry for the bad title I'm not sure hte best way to sum up this issue. Fruit Price Total Apples 0.69 40 Bananas 0.34 38 Lemons 0.55 15 Oranges 0.25 25 Apples 0.5 10 Pears 0.59 40 Almonds 2.8 10 Cashews 3.55 16 Peanuts 1.25 20 Walnuts 1.75 12 Apples 0.5 5 Given the data above I'm trying to sum the totals for only the Appl rows. So basically I need to search the Fruit column find the row that have "Apples" and then sum their corresponding Totals, giving m 55. I've been playing with this for hours with Lookups and Indexes bu am not really getting anywhere. Also, I can...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

Can't Stop External Hard Drive
I have a Western Digital 250 gb external hard drive connected via USB port. I am also running Outlook 2007, which I believe has a function searchindexer.exe that searches all my drives to index the files on them. I want to be able to unplug the drive without first turning off my computer. But I get messages saying that the drive can't be stopped. It used to be that if I stopped searchindexer.exe, I could stop the drive. But that's stopped working. Here are two questions: 1. What is preventing me from stopping the drive?; 2. What is the worst that can happe...

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

Enter multiple cash receipt payment methods in Cashbook/BM.
When entering a receipt into cashbook/bank management, there is sometimes a need to receipt the amount as more than one payment type - e.g. cash and cheque. This process is accommodated well in SOP. It would be useful to have this type of procedure included in Bank Management. This is a user request from Pan Pac Forest Products. ...

Concatenating cells but excluding blanks
Hello, I am trying to create a result field, concatenating populated cells from the previous 12 columns on that line, but excluding blank cells and putting a * delimiting character between each instance - please find below a 4 column example. ID 1 2 3 4 Result Z A C D A*C*D Y B C B*C X A B D A*B*D Each of the 10,000 lines of the spreadsheet is different - there are at least 5 blank cells on each line Any help gratefully received. I am working in Excel 2007 Many thanks. Bob Try this: http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5826/nonamee.png Micky "Bob Fr...