Can I freeze multiple rows?

I'm working on a spreadsheet that has contact information in the farthest
lefthand collumn and collumn headers at the top of the spreadsheet. Is there
a way that I can freeze both of them so that I always know what I'm looking
at without having to scroll all the way up or all the way over? Thanks a
bunch! =)

If you click on cell B2 and do Window >  FreezePanes, then both column A and
row 1 will be "frozen".......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" <littlestar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a spreadsheet that has contact information in the farthest
> lefthand collumn and collumn headers at the top of the spreadsheet. Is
there
> a way that I can freeze both of them so that I always know what I'm
looking
> at without having to scroll all the way up or all the way over? Thanks a
> bunch! =)

0
croberts (1377)
6/23/2005 11:10:42 PM
Select Window->Split. Click and drag the horizontal split line between rows 1
and 2. Click and drag the vertical split line between columns A and B. Now
select Window->Freeze Panes.

That's it.

"littlestar" wrote:

> I'm working on a spreadsheet that has contact information in the farthest
> lefthand collumn and collumn headers at the top of the spreadsheet. Is there
> a way that I can freeze both of them so that I always know what I'm looking
> at without having to scroll all the way up or all the way over? Thanks a
> bunch! =)
0
john85374 (2)
6/23/2005 11:23:02 PM
John,

You might find it more convenient to just select the cell below the rows you
want frozen, and to the right of any columns you want frozen, then do the
freeze command.  Rows above the selected cell are frozen, and columns to the
left also.  If you scrolled down one row (maybe it's more for print, but you
don't want to see it on the screen), then row 1 would be off the top, and
remain so during the freeze.  Pretty cool.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com/

"john85374" <john85374@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Select Window->Split. Click and drag the horizontal split line between
> rows 1
> and 2. Click and drag the vertical split line between columns A and B. Now
> select Window->Freeze Panes.
>
> That's it.
>
> "littlestar" wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a spreadsheet that has contact information in the farthest
>> lefthand collumn and collumn headers at the top of the spreadsheet. Is
>> there
>> a way that I can freeze both of them so that I always know what I'm
>> looking
>> at without having to scroll all the way up or all the way over? Thanks a
>> bunch! =)

0
nothanks4548 (968)

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

Links is in gray color (deactivate). How can I activate?
In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. Help please. Thans Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. yclhk "Rechie" wrote: > In Edit Menu, I want to change the Links source but can do it as it is grayed. > Help please. > Thans > Hi, Links Menu is still with gray color which means is not activated. "yclhk" wrote: > Click the edit meun and hold the "shift" key together. > > yclhk > > "Rechie" wrote: > > > In Edit Menu,...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Selecting row when plus is clicked
I have a form/subform that shows up as a grid of master records with plusses next to them, and when the plusses are clicked that part of the grid expands showing a subgrid with detail record. What I would like is for the selection pointer to move to that record when the plus expander is clicked. Is this possible? ...

Read values from excel rows
hi I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 columns for each row and same number of data in each rows. Kindly help regards shantanu shantanu, You need to explain how/where you want to read them.... From another workbook, another worksheet, a VBA function, a macro, a C# application? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "shantanu" <shantanusenin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184298794.259390.216180@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi > I am trying to read the values from a excel row. There are 89 > columns for each row and same number of da...

My report contains multiple copies of each record
I have three tables (parent/guardian, children, otheradults). that are all related with left joins (i.e. Include ALL records from 'Parent/Guardian' and only those records from 'Adults' where the joined fields are equal.) by ContactID (which is the parent/guardian ID) same for children. I created a query called Family which successfully combined three queries of each table where I combined the first and last names into one field. When I create my report, it creates an entry for EACH child rather than listing the children and related adults under Parent/Guardia...

moving Exchange 2003 mailboxes from multiple domains to one new do
My compnay has Exchange servers in three different domains. We have built a new domain and want to move all mailboxes into one exchange server in the new domain. We have let mailbox size get out of hand and some users have 2GB mailbox size. exporting old mailbox data to PST and importing into new exchange server is possible but would take forever (hundreds of users). any ideas how to streamline this process? or an alternate method of attack? On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:24:06 -0700, Kemper <Kemper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My compnay has Exchange servers in three different d...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Multiple Owners: One Territory
We have support staff that works witih the territory owner. Sharing accounts in the territory is impossible to keep up with. I'd have to manually share all accounts in the territory each month we upload new sales data. (we have at least 150K accounts) Is there any way to associate a territory to multiple owners? ...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

Can't connect to links
We have 3 computers all running XP Pro connected through a Linksys router. Problem is when I click on a link in an email on my desktop (Outlook 2003) I am directed to www.comcast.net instead of the site. I have tried several different links. I am able to connect to the sites through my Comcast web based mail, my wife's computer (Outlook 2003) and my laptop (Outlook 2007). I did a detect and repair with the Office 2003 CD and the problem continues. Any ideas please? Thanks, ...

Can't recieve and keeps asking for username and password?
I have been using windows live mail for the past 3 weeks and before that i was using regular windows mail. All of a sudden it started asking me for my password and username once i add another account. I have 3 accounts on there. Not only does it keep asking for that I can't send messages and don't think i can recieve them. Why is it doing this. I know my password and username but it won't take. I don't know what the deal is. It is the logon box that i never saw before. Can someone help me -- Sharae Schneider Is it an email account prompt or a prompt to sign o...

Can't add new entries.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable All of a sudden my Microsoft office won't let me make any new entries or = change any existing ones. I just get a message "Transaction can not be = entered". What can I do to let me make new entries? ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C47623.EDA716E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML...

can I network this?
I have Money 2000 is it possible to network the information to my laptop? and how? Yahoo I did it all by my self!!!!:D >-----Original Message----- >I have Money 2000 is it possible to network the >information to my laptop? and how? >. > Be very careful to avoid having the file open from both machines simultaneously even for MoneyExpress. Money provides no protection from corruption in this case. "becky" <Arvila1@tds.net> wrote in message news:058401c3570c$bb54d970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Yahoo I did it all by my self!!!!:D > >-----Original Message-...

Last Value in a row or column
Hi All, I need a formula or User Defined Function that will allow me to find the last input cell in a row of variable width data. This value will then be shown in a cell of my choice. Thanks Excel Dummy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi - how about this? Public Function Findlastcell(MyAddress As Range) Application.volatile Findlastcell = Cells(MyAddress.Row, 256).End(xlToLeft).Address End Function You use it by entering = Findlastcell(B5) ...

Unhide columns and rows
Hi all, could anybody help me to find whether any of the columns or rows are hide or not? If so, is there any way to unhide those (through macro) Thanks in advance. Do you really have to check first? Maybe just showing the rows/columns would be enough: Option Explicit Sub testme() With Worksheets("Somesheetnamehere").UsedRange .Rows.Hidden = False .Columns.Hidden = False End With End Sub Rod wrote: > > Hi all, > could anybody help me to find whether any of the columns or rows are hide or > not? > If so, is there any...

How can i look into a user's mailbox?
Hello, I'm a Exchange Full Administrator in a single domain testing environment. I've created a user account, mailbox-enabled it, and sent a mail. How can i see the contents of this user's mailbox, without actually logging on with his credentials? Can I look into the user's mailbox with System Manager? Thanks in advance, Mihai http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Mihai_Admin" <mihaihudea@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1172010845.355156.229850@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hell...

Can I Save My Relationship
What if you could recapture your ex lovers mind, heart and soul?...Wipe the slate clean? Turn back time? Even if you feel right now that your situation is too far gone=85too screwed up =85or just plain too darn complicated? You already know how hard it is to just even wake up and roll out of bed in the morning. You leave your radio off on your way to work because every song is a painful reminder of him. You can't even bear to eat at the same restaurants you took her to. And if that isn't bad enough, you have to cope with the loss of friends and family that are on their side. Did you...

Sharing contact folder for multiple machines?
I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is there a way to share the contact folder for everyone's Outlook? That way, a contact change need not be done for every machine. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:OWYWuxkAEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, tiki2k wrote: > I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is the...

Crosstab with Multiple data fields
I would like to make a crosstab query that can have multiple data fields such as ProdCode AcctNo SalesAmt SalesTran RetAmt RetTran I know how to do this with a pivot table but I am required to have it in Access. I can also do this with just one data field such as SalesAmt---I just don't know how to add more than one data field. Is there some workaround to this problem? Thanks, Billy Post a sample of you raw data indicating field names and how you want the results to look like. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "billy.rogers@chasepaymentech.com&...

CRM4
Hello Im trying to create a service activity using a workflow - i have chosen multiple dynamic values for several fields, like Location {Address 1: Street 1(Customer (Account));Address 1: City(Customer (Account));Address 1: ZIP/Postal Code(Customer (Account))} but only the first value - the street1 shows up on the Service Calendar - not all of them. any ideas? thanks! james ...

Help: Can I change the date formula from mm/dd/yyyy to "mmm-yy" et
Hi, If the date was input as mm/dd/yyyy (12/31/2004), can I convert the format to "yyyy-mm-dd"(2004-12-31) or "mmm-yy"(Dec-2004)? i tried to change date format from "Format Cells-- Number tab--Category--choose "date" or "custom" but just failed. While Strangely, If i imput the data as "2004-12-31", i can change it to whatever date format i like. Appreicate your advice at earliest convenience. Thanks -- wintersunshine Hi sounds like your imported dates are not recognised as 'date' values but are stored as 'Text&...

Stop multiple cells from being automatically selected
When I place the cursor in a cell, it selects that cell and the 3 directly below it. Why is this happening and how do I stop it? I have already exited the program and even rebooted. Thanks. hi if you are using 03 or earlier, try tapping the F8 key. this is the extended select mode. it's boolean. tap once to enter extended mode, again to exit. if you are useing 07, this is a bug. try adjusting your zoom. see this....http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf regards FSt1 "JDandLinda" wrote: > When I place the cursor in a cell, it selects that cell and the 3 directly > ...

Can I create recurring activities in CRM
Hi I have a workflow in which I want to create a Activity on First day of every month, how can I do this? Can I create recurring activities in CRM Makarand Recurring appointments are not supported in CRM 1.2. You would have to create multiple appointments. Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Makarand Keer" wrote: > Hi > > I have a workflow in which I want to create a Activity on First day of every > month, how can I do this? > Can I create recurring activities in CRM > > Makarand ...