can I find merged cells?

I'm trying to sort and get the message "merged cells must be the same size".
How can I 'find' the merged cells?

0
david5481 (1)

David, here is a macro by Dave Peterson that will do it

Sub Found_Merged_Cells()

'macro looks for merged cells

'By Dave Peterson

    Dim myCell As Range

    Dim resp As Long

    For Each myCell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Cells

        If myCell.MergeCells Then

            If myCell.Address = myCell.MergeArea(1).Address Then

                resp = MsgBox(prompt:="found: " _

                               & myCell.MergeArea.Address & vbLf & _

                                 "Continue looking", Buttons:=vbYesNo)

                If resp = vbNo Then

                    Exit Sub

                End If

            End If

        End If

    Next myCell

End Sub
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"David McDonald" <david@nospam_dlmcdonald.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to sort and get the message "merged cells must be the same
size".
> How can I 'find' the merged cells?

select the region that you are trying to sort (that seem to have th
merged cells) and then run this macro. it will pop up messages with th
cell addresses.

Option Explicit

Sub MergedCells()

Dim rng As Range

For Each rng In Selection

If rng.MergeCells = True Then

MsgBox "Merged Cells " & rng.Address

End If

Next rng

End Sub

hope this was the requirement

Excel 2007
Hi to all, I'm truly a beginner with pushing excel a bit, but what I'm trying to achieve seems logical and simple enough in my mind. I've got a simple daily sales sheet that is edited at each salepoint. I've got a drop-down list of vendors in Column A sorted in a Data Validation list so that much is straight forward, another few columns of details and {price totals} at the end, such as: Company X | Details | QTY | PriceEa | PriceTotal | I'm trying to automate a result that if the Company equals {Company1} then the total in that rows {pricetotal} gets added to a particul...

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

number formatted cell
If I am typing in 19 numbers in a cell (that has been formatted to number) to keep track of account numbers, it puts zeroes at the end and only 15 numbers are showing. If I go into another cell and choose text first before typing and then type my numbers you can see all the numbers, but when I try to go and change the number formatted cell to text the number still does not change unless I retype the number. Is this the way this works? yes excel only keeps track of the first 15 digits in a number, if you entered more digits as a number,they are now lost. "Pam Coleman" wrote...

Can't Send Email 06-28-10
I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. I cannot see a Tools or Email Account menu option in the mail window. Any help is much appreciated. -- JAK WLM version ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "JimmyAK" <JimmyAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E210642-A115-4F77-B60E-16181B3B45DB@microsoft.com... > I am a new Windows7 user and Windows Live user for email. > I can recieve email but my sent emails remain in the Outbox. > I cannot see a Tools or Email Account ...

range specified by the value in another cell
I have the following problem: I have let say 100 numbers in column A, and a number n<100 in cell B1. I want to have the sum of the first n numbers in column A, so I would need to specifiy the range A1:An, but I need this independently of the actual value of n. I have tried A1:A(B1) with but it doesn't work. So has somebody any idea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 2 ways for it 1. Use the formula =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A"&B1)) 2. Create a named range RangeToSum=OFFSET(SheetName$A$1,,,SheetName!$B$1,1) The formula will be =SUM(RangeToSum) -- (When s...

Selecting Font Colors
Greetings group, my 1st post here. I've been trying to figure out how to use/create additional text font colors beyond the 40 palate or 16 additional in the Format Cells dialog. Is this possible? Is there a show codes area to tweak? or better still a color wheel for the Text Font Color available. I'm using: Microsoft(R) Office Excel 2003 (11.8012.6568) SP2 - thanks in advance M.D. About all you can do is modify the existing colors under Tools>Options>Colors>Modify. This is not a global change, just a workbook by workbook basis. You can import your modified scheme...

"Windows cannot find 'msconfig'"
My latest problem is this: In the Start menu, I click on Run... and the "Run" dialog box appears. I type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks), and I get the following error message: "msconfig: Windows cannot find 'msconfig'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search." Why is this? Pekka Numminen wrote: > My latest problem is this: >=20 > In the Start menu, I click on Run... and the "Run" dialog box appears. > I type "mscon...

Can I do a relationship within the page for ER
hi all, I'm having difficulty where I need to draw my database structure in visio. Using ER design, how I'm going to interlink or make a relationship within the pages. Where each page represent each system. Each page(system) will interrelashionship bvy each others. Anyone can help. Masita ...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Merging data from two worksheets
I have two worksheets with lists on them. On worksheet A there are items we use, and charge code (which correspond to individual items); but there is no RMS code (a specific code we use for our system). On worksheet B there is a larger list of items, many of which are also on worksheet A. Worksheet B has a column with the same charge codes as are used in worksheet A, but worksheet B has the corresponding RMS codes. For example... On A: Item RMS Charge Code Stick (blank) 12345 Ball (blank) 54321 Bases (blank) 21543 On B: Item RMS Charge...

Finding differences between two tables
Who can help me? I have 2 tables with mainly the same names. I want to find the names that are not in both list. I managed to do it the following way, but I think that it can be done easier. I did: Advances filter: as criterium range one of the 2 tables. With Edit - Go To - I highlighted the visible cells and coloured them. Removed the filter With Edit - Find - Format - I highlighted the noncoloured cells. Thanks Anne Here are two ways you can do that but I wouldn't say they are much easier than what you did. Put both lists on the same sheet in the same column, one under the other,...

Can't Delete Budget Items
Money 2003 Delux and Business: Earlier in the year I had two EPay transactions set up to move money to outher accounts. One was a weekly item and the other was a monthly item. I stopped both of these series quite a while back by going to the Bills and Deposits list, right clicking on them, selecting delete and deleting all unrecorded occurancnes of the scheduled transactions. This week I was working on my budget for next year. At the bottom is the "Transfer out of Budget Accounts" area. Both of these are still listed as transfers. When I right click on them for the contect men...

Can't installt IBF on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name crm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://crm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. but i can access "http://crm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://crm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? ...

where can i get templates for a "how-to" manual?
I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch. What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of space and some of the users have emails going back to 1998! "Paul Telesco" <Paul Telesco@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CD40CCB-7606-49A5-9B36-0F83EEF1086F@microsoft.com... >I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they wou...

Can I Edit The View In Outlook 2003 CalendarTo Be A Six Day Week
I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I customize the view and am just missing it? TIA! On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:08:17 -0500, Pulu wrote: >I know the choices up top are for a five and seven day week, but I'd >like to see Monday through Saturday excluding just Sunday. Can I >customize the view and am just missing it? > >TIA! Think I got it, Alt-6! I'll try the Alt+6, but I usually have four days in my calendar view, and I highlight the range of days in the...

Can I Apply Conditional Formatting to a Chart?
I don't agree with my boss's ideas regarding Excel Charts - I think that they are to cluttered and become less effective. So, I would like to apply conditional formatting via a checkbox to "turn off"(apply white/transparent properties)to one or more series in a chart, effectively eliminating the overlapping series from view temporarily. Can this be done? Is the answer VB?I think this could be very effective in clarifying data that is consistently overlapping each other. (Actually I would just make 3 separate charts on the same page, but nobody is asking me!) Tell me w...

Merge Sharepoint lists
Hi, I have several Sharepoint lists. These lists contain the same types for information (for example, name, age, gender, etc) and these columns for each list are in the same order. I would like to merge these lists into one list. Is there something in the standard Sharepoint (ie, not a third-party application) that could accomplish this? Thanks in advance. Richard Richard, check out the "Data View Web Part". You won't see it in the "Add a Web Part" dialogue, it's only viewable and editable in Sharepoint Designer(which is free download). I...

How large can the MS Money software ITSELF get, over time? (plz re
I've been using MS Money for years. The last time I upgraded it was to Small Business v 2006 as I run a small business from my home office. I have my pers and bus financials on there since the 90's (not sure of very 1st transaction...). Features-wise, there's no reason for me to upgrade or change anything, and, I also on occasion need to view certain Reports which by nature need to include data from old now-closed bank and credit card accounts so I do not want to "archive" anything at all. But.. I'm wondering, how long can this go on? that is, entering financia...

I can't convert Task to Oppurtunity
I am not able to convert task to Oppurtunity. I can convert other activities like Phone call , appointments, mail , fax etc. Is there any way i can convert Task to Oppurtunity. any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Shelvin. Shelvin, To my knowledge its not possible to promote a task to an Opportunity. Cheers Ben ...

Can't install new report service server
Hi, We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003 sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server" option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Cheers, Kevin When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it. The Report Services is an option with SQL Server...

How can i add two recipients in one page using mail merge?
How can i add two recipients in one page using mail merge? I Have a document in witch i have to use one side of the page for one recipient and the other side for the second recipient. Second page will start on third recipient and on the other side the fourth, and so on through out the whole document. Thanks in Advance for any help Best to use two separate publications with two separate databases. Print the first page with the odd names, restack the print-out with one on the bottom, turn the pages over and print the even names. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://m...

How can I hide tasks in a Gantt chart?
I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level On Thu, 28 May 2009 02:06:06 -0700, lberry <lberry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I only want to hide certain tasks - not all tasks at a given level Create a new layer called "Hidden" Open the drawing explorer window and go through all the shapes to find the ones for the appropriate task and assign these shapes to the hidden layen and remove them from the Gantt layer. Now make the Hidden layer non-visible. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandr...

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

Why do cells in Excel print shorter than displayed on-screen?
When I type a lot of data in a given cell (textwrapping is on), the entire contents of the cell display correctly. But when I print the worksheet, the cell height appears shorter -- truncating my text. What's up with that? And how do I fix it without adjusting every cell manually (which screws up my display)? ...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...