Can I display the current date in a text box?

I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in a
text box?  And how would I do that?

You would have to have some code to load it, such as

Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy")

or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY()

--

HTH

RP

"stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in
> text box?  And how would I do that?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/1/2005 9:54:07 AM
Thank you!!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> You would have to have some code to load it, such as
>
> Textbox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy")
>
> or link the texbox to a cell with the formula =TODAY()
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "stephiebrady" <stephiebrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I know how to display the current date in a cell, but can I display it in
> > text box?  And how would I do that?

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Changing start date
Scenario: In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave the end date alone. If I change the start date, OL automatically changes the end date to preserve the two-week duration. Is there a way to change the start date without affecting the end date? Richard Evans <infodex@mindspring.com> wrote: > In OL 2003, I have an event that's two weeks long, starting June 1 and > ending June 14. I want to change the start date to May 27 but leave > the end date alone. If I change the s...

Date problem #5
Hi I have a spreadsheet where a code needs to be enter in one column. I type in 6-10 or something similar but the cell then turns into a date is there a way to disable this - In word I would look at the auto text section but I cant find this in excel. Any help appreciated Rexmann You can use an apostrophe ' before entering or FORMAT as TEXT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0560F9C5-4BA1-4318-B197-71C3AF211878@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have a spreadsheet where a code needs to b...

Debt Plan Begin Date
I had my dates on my laptop wrong (in the future). I started Money, quickly figured out that my computer date was in the future, changed the computer date, and closed money. Now my Debt Planner only recognizes a begin date in Nov '04. How can you reset or change the Begin Date for the Debt Planner? P.S. using the Options: Planner: Reset Planner button does not work. Thanks. Kirk Gomez ...

How do I calculate the # of business days between two dates?
I know absolutely nothing about coding. Trying to use calculations in a report or query to accomplish this. Everything else I have found seems to include "coding" that goes way beyond my capabilities. Anything a novice can use? You need to use code: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/97757 You can call this function in a query 1. make the function a Public Function In the query have a column like this WorkDaysCalc: Work_Days([StartDate],[EndDate]) where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are actual fields in your query. Everyone starts out a "Novice" but the m...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

How to change the text color of control on dialog
hi i have the following code for changing font on dialog control. now i have to change the text color of the control how to change it My code is .... BOOL CTestbed2Dlg::OnInitDialog() { LOGFONT lfNew; CDialog::OnInitDialog(); ZeroMemory (&lfNew, sizeof(LOGFONT)); lfNew.lfHeight = 18; lfNew.lfWeight = FW_BOLD; strcpy (lfNew.lfFaceName, "Comic Sans MS"); m_fntBoldComic.CreateFontIndirect(&lfNew); m_ctrlRadio1.SetFont (&m_fntBoldComic, TRUE); // etc... } Could anybody tell me about this problem. Thanking in anticipation. Mujtaba &q...

Not enough system resources to display completely
I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot find in help topics. Thanks Check out the below..(Might help) http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqapp.html#xlb -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "bgkgmg" wrote: > I am getting this message box more frequently in my Excel workbook. Cannot > find in help topics. > > Thanks I checked out site and is very helpful but why does it not happen when I adjust the zoom percentage? "Jacob Skaria" wrote: > Check out the below..(Might help) > http://www.contextures.com/xlf...

cells stop accepting text after 1801 characters
Someone in my office tried inserting text characters into a cell in a worksheet. After 1801 characters, it quit entering text. The cell is formatted as a merged cell (merged to what, I can't tell) with text wrap, and is locked. Why can't my person enter more charcters. You can have a cell that contains about 32k worth of characters, but left to its own devices, excel will only show about 1000. You can add alt-enters to force new lines within your cell and you can see more. But with mergedcells, you'll have to adjust the rowheight yourself--it won't react nicely to auto...

SEARCH BOX
First thank you in advance for any help. I want to put a search box on the first sheet of my program to enter data, either a name or an assigned number, and have it search for and go to that line of information on another sheet. Can I do this or do you have another suggestion? This should do it. Change sheet name and column numbers to suit Sub nameornumberfind() With Sheets("sheet34") mv = InputBox("Enter name or number") If IsNumeric(mv) Then 'MsgBox "number" mc = 4 Else 'MsgBox "text" mc = 1 End If Set mf = .Columns(mc).fi...

sent mail appears in my in-box
How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send also going to my in-box? Thank you in advance Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder? Do you have any rules that affect mail after it is sent? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked: | How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send | also going to my in-box? | | Tha...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

CPropertySheet create failing when adding to dialog box
Hi all, I am having problems with a class that I made that inherits from CPropertySheet. I need to add this class to a dialog box with the following code: m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientOne); m_appPropSheet.AddPage(m_saleIllustrationPropPageClientTwo); m_appPropSheet.Create(this, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0); m_appPropSheet.EnableStackedTabs(FALSE); m_appPropSheet.ModifyStyleEx (0, WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT); m_appPropSheet->ModifyStyle(0, WS_TABSTOP); m_appPropSheet.SetWindowPos(NULL, 0, 25, 0, 0, SWP_NOZORDER | SWP_NOSIZE | SWP_NOACTIVATE); ...

Hotkeys for text & background coloring
Hi. Does anyone know the hotkeys for text coloring (font color) & background coloring (fill color)? Eg: First you need to select the font color & fill color in the related toolbar incons. - When I highlight "I am great", then press "Ctrl+O" for example, the text will be colored as what it's displayed in the "font color" toolbr icon. - The simliar way applies to background coloring If the above is not available, any workaround is still apreciated. -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could use a sma...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

Change Y-axis tick labels to text, possible?
Hi, Suppose one has data scored from 0 to 5 for 3 variables and the corresponding bar chart's Y-axis has 6 tick labels 0 1 2 3 4 5 running along the Y-axis. It it possible to change these tick labels to text (say, Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Neutral, etc)? I noticed that if one copies a chart into powerpoint and then 'ungroups' the elements of the chart, the Y-axis tick labels can be changed, but it doesn't seem possible within excel (nb: I want to write a macro within excel to perform this task). Thanks for any advice. Hi, You can create your own axis label...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

what affect does the budget effective date have
when you save a budget money asks for the efective dates from - to. Do these have any purpose? it does not appear to chagne the way that money displays the budget and even if you go past hte budget time it will continue using the old budget amounts. If you try to have it re-calculate the past information it does not. it seems as though these are not ment for anything. ...

Getting Combo boxes to change options based on other Combo boxes.
Using Excel 2007. I am trying to create either Form Control Combo Boxes or ActiveX Combo Boxes that will change the selectable options based on selections made in previous combo boxes. I am having a hard time finding any information that will work for me. Can someone tell me how to make 5 combo boxes change available listed options when specific options are selected in another combo box? Please? I've been working on this for a very long time without success. I've tried using Data Validation, but my formulas are too long for all the different possible combinations. You are...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...