Can I Delete Symbol in Cell That Has A Formula?

I am using Excel 2004 for Mac  and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the
little green triangle in the upper left hand corner of a cell that contains a
formula.  Is there a way to accomplish this?
0
John1063 (943)

I am not using my Mac at the moment but a guess would be

excel>preferences>error checking and uncheck enambe background error
checking or something similar

on a pc it's under tools>options>error checking

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"John" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2004 for Mac  and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the
> little green triangle in the upper left hand corner of a cell that contains a
> formula.  Is there a way to accomplish this?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
5/19/2005 6:05:07 PM
I don't speak the Mac, but in WinTel versions:

Tools|options|Error checking tab|
Uncheck the rules you don't want (inconsistent formulas???)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Formula not being stored any more
Recently, Excel has stopped storing certain formulae in the formula bar. For example, if I type in say "=3*1/10" Excel will store "=0.3" in the formula bar. This is most inconvenient as I want to be able to tell what the constituent parts of the calculation are. It never used to do this so have I accidentally set an option on somewhere? How do I turn it off again? I couldn't duplicate this. If I typed: =3*1/10 and hit F9 (calculate)--not enter I got: 0.3 You're not getting close to the F9 key (with only portions of your formula selected? (Yeah, I did...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

VBA
I have created code that inserts lines into a financial statement but need to have certain cells in other code stay constant. B1 in certain code must stay at B1 regardless of changes to the spreadsheet. Any suggestions?? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =INDIRECT("B1") The B1 will remain so regardless of inserting and deleting rows. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "bforster1 >" <<bforster1.1cmxzp@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in m...

Days Old formula?
Hi im having a problem trying to figure out the forumla for days old. M teacher wants us to come up with a formula for the age of 2 dates. Does anyone know any formulas that will work? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you need the days only, subtract =A1-A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frackskat004 >" <<frackskat004.11hxa0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frackskat004.11hxa0@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi im having a problem trying to figure out the forumla for days old. My > teacher wants us to come up with a formula for the age o...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

Viewing Formulas instead of formula results
I want to view all of the formulas in my worksheets without going through each cell and typing " " around each formula. Is there any way to do this so I can check all of my formulas at once? Meghan, here is one way, use Ctrl and ~, this will toggle between formulas and results -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 97 & 2000 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Meghan" <mmckee15@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:00db01c351f6$4eb0...

Owner draw buttons : 2D look...Can it be 3D?
hi, Priyanka here... i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click on the CButton, it gives a 3D feel as the text shows some offset and the button gives a pressed look. but in the owner draw buttons, there is no such 3D effect i can see. can we make it possible? Thanks Priyanka priya wrote: > hi, > Priyanka here... > i created owner draw buttons in my application. but the feel and look > of these buttons is not the same as the CButtons. i mean when i click > on the CButton, it gives...

Conditional Formula?
Hi- I need help creating a formula that sums values in a list based on the value in an adjacent cell. Please see attached screen shot. Hopefully it explains what I'm trying to do. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel help 3-10-06.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4442 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- rhovey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rhovey's Profile: http://www.excelf...

Delete all records from CRecordset
Hello, How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? Thanks! This may help you get started: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z5139kz6(VS.80).aspx Tom "Tulio" <Tulio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEAB1327-8C93-44EF-9527-E1F4DFB56A82@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > How can I delete all recodors from a CRecordset? > Is it possible to use a SQL clause like "DELETE * FROM my_table"? > Thanks! There are two ways: 1. write a loop to step through th...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Deleting over-large outgoing mail
I accidentially attached a 6 MB file to a mail item that was to go out on my Hotmail account. Now that it's in the outbox, Hotmail won't take it (it's too large) and I can't delete it (permission denied). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, J. Create a new .pst file and make it the default. Close and reopen Outlook. Go into your outbox and delete the message. Close the new .pst file. Close and reopen Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my pers...

Using a Text / Data output as a cell reference
I am trying to use the end of a column as a divisor and need to convert what i guess is text into an actual cell reference if possible. In column A, say there are 13 data points ending at cell A13. I then try to turn that into a cell reference with the formula ="A"&TEXT(COUNTA(A1:A13,),"0") I put this formula in B1 the output of this is then A13 what i need this to do, is be able to divide any cell by A13. The reason I am going through all this trouble is that there are many columns and each has a different # of data points. I hope this is somewhat clear. Thanks ...

Is there a work-a-round i can use for making a datagrid....
Hey all, I am trying to make a datagrid on a form that the user would input info, and once completed, it would be put in correct area's of the workbook. I cant use a datagrid as job doesn't alw downloads for net so i cant get the update needed to alw me to use datagrids( see post sugj: "Missing Control In Addin") is there a way i can use a text box or some other box or tool to do this? When you say "form", do you mean UserForm or worksheet set up to look like a data input form? If a UserForm, then yes, you can use TextBoxes, but you didn't supp...

Cell QA for Bob Phillips
Good afternoon Bob: In reference to your QA: (Which sheet was the active sheet when you right-clicked on the tab? It should have been Data Sheet). Yes, I did as you said, but I am not sure I placed the text string in the right place. I pasted it in View Code on the blank area to the right of "Project / Properties" section but for some reason it is not moving the text from "Data Sheet" to the "Activity Sheet". Is it possible to communicate with you directly so I can get this worked out? Thanks John ---------------------------------------------------...

Can anybody tell me what is wrong ...
/* I am trying to practice multidimensional array in a managed class using dynamical allocation. If I tried to compile the following codes, I would get the under mentioned c2440 error message. It is only practice. You may notice that I am not using "private" or constructor here. Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how I can rewrite that line right? Thanks a lot. */ #include "stdafx.h" #include <string.h> #include <string> #using <mscorlib.dll> #include <tchar.h> using namespace System; using namespace std; __gc class Month { public:...

scanner can't read barcodes on paper
My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. I will not barcodes on receipt either. any suggestions will be great. Thanks I had the same problem. I only had this problem with certain barcodes. When I looked at the ones that the scanner wasn't reading, I noticed that they all used lower case letters. As soon as I changed the letters to upper case I was able to scan the labels. "country" wrote: > My barcode scanner can't seem to read barcodes that I printed out. > I will not barcodes on receipt either. > > any suggestions will be g...

Deleting of Recurring E-Mail's Outlook 2000
How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? Do you want to keep the history of the recurring? Do you want to "Cancel" future meetings and let other recipients know? Do you just want to delete it entirely? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <gary.christian@carswell.af.mil> wrote in message news:e42601c43c4c$5aca1270$a601280a@phx.gbl... How do you delete recurring e-mails in Outlook 2000? ...

Migration: Migrated custom fields can't sync with plan
We migrated a set of enterprise global fields from 2003 to 2007. However, some of the post migration changes to these fields can't be reflected into project professional for all plans. Example, we have a project outline code in 2003 called Portfolio, which is a hierarchical set of values. In 2003, we allowed selection of non-leave node and didn't allow multi-selection. After migration, we changed the settings of the field to allow only leave node and multi-selection. However, these changes are neither picked up by migrated project plans nor newly created project plan....

Can you work this backwards
Previously I used 3 simple formulas (if statements) to calculate a charge, so if E9 =3D=A33000 then the formula for the charge was =3DIF(E9<=3D1000;E9*1.1;"=A3100") then =3DIF(AND(E9>1000;E9 <=3D2000);(E9-1000)*0.9;"=A3200") =3DIF(E9>2000;(E9-2000)*0.5;) Total Cost ... of above 3 items plus E9 (=A33000) Now people are asking to spend a total of =A33000 including the charge, so now Total Cost is to be =A33000 and then I have to work back to find E9. How is the best way to do this please. Bob Hi, Use the "Solver" utility in Excel. Let us suppose ...

How do you do cross worksheet formulae's
I've just started writing basic addition and multiplication formulae etc. for multiple cells. I want to know how to write formulae to d this across worksheets (I think thats what they are called - the tab at the bottom?) For exaple, how would I add A1 on sheet1 to A1 o sheet2 -- Liam Green ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Liam Greene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=897 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26786 Liam, if you formula is in sheet one, =A1+Sheet2!A1, if you f...

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...

Can't view jpg attachments
All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook 2000. I have reinstalled Outlook, but with no change. If you can solve this problem, I'll dance at your wedding. Harlan HH <hhhague@comcast.net> wrote: > All of a sudden, I can't open jpg attachments to email in my Outlook > 2000. What happens when you try? Use Windows Explorer's Tools>Folder Options menu to reestablish the association between JPEG files and whatever application you want to use to open them. -- Brian Tillman I have just discovered that I can look at attachment in a rou...

System Sound I can't stop!
I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and it isn't there. I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! It's driving me nuts! effdee wrote: > I have a clicking sound which I can't stop, I have gone through all the > System sounds from Control Panel and done the test for every sound and > it isn't there. > > I've even tried turning off all sounds, but it still keeps on clicking! > > It's driving me ...

Can you set up a Word document to accept present tense only?
I was told that you could set a document up using Microsoft Word 2007 to only accept present tense. Is this true? If so, how do you do it? Word 2007 has a "Find all word forms" option in the Find and Replace dialog. This, among other things, will let it search for all verb forms (among other things). That might be what the person was talking about. For example, with this option enabled, if I search for "have", it will also match "having". If I search for "is", it will also match are, be, was, and were (for example). But, there's nothin...