Can I Count dates without repeating?

I am trying to count dates column without repeating every date twice.
For Example:
08/10/05
08/10/05
08/11/05
08/11/05
08/11/05

Answer should be 2.

Is it possible in Excel?

Thank you for your time

--
bogdan7
bogdan77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2620

This is an array formula, committed with Ctrol-Shift-Enter.  Assumes you
dates are in cells A1:A10

=SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10))

"bogdan77" wrote:

> I am trying to count dates column without repeating every date twice.
> For Example:
> 08/10/05
> 08/10/05
> 08/11/05
> 08/11/05
> 08/11/05
>
> Answer should be 2.
>
> Is it possible in Excel?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>

> --
> bogdan77
> bogdan77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26204
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395112

0
DukeCarey (494)

Script to count mailboxes.
Hi All, I have a need for a script that will list all the mailboxes from all of the Exchange servers (we have 20 in the same organisation) and there size in excel spreadsheet. Do you know where I could get one from. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320071 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Leon" <Lion@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Gsg5ZlDHHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have a need for a script that will list all the m...

Date changes back 4 years when copying
When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four years. Any ideas? Go Tools > Options > Calculation and make sure both files have '1904 Date System' either checked or unchecked, ie both the same, Regards "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:328401c4a4e0$a7dacb20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When we copy a date from an excel 2000 worksheet and paste > it in an excel XP worksheet the year will move back four > years. Any ideas? > > In article <328401...

Count of Weekdays Between Two Dates
Task: With a given start date and end date, print a list of Months showing a count of weekdays and weekend days in each. It seemed like such a simple request... but how to get started? If I already had a table of all dates between the start and end dates, I'd have it whipped. Any thoughts appreciated. -- croy Here are some ideas you can use for this. First, you need to know how may days are in the month. Then you can use the function below to return the number of work days in the month. The subtract the work days from the number of days, and it will return the week end days. ...

Format date in excel 2000 like '31st January 2005' #4
Trying to set up field in Excel Data Source file so that the current date can be input in letters typed in this format '31st January 2005' Is it possible or am I stuck with dd/mmm/yy format? Good afternoon Malcolm Agingwell Would the date in the format "31 January 2005" be of any use to you? If so, set up a custom format of dd mmmm yyyy. Excel doesn't handl ordinals (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) on its own. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

I can not see add task in scheduled task in win server 2003
Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. I tried wth schtask and th result is this: It has prevented the user to create new tasks. I verified the permisions with cacls and all are rigth. Help! Thanks Fernando "Fernando Martinez" <FernandoMartinez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE65D03C-E925-4FE6-9D02-DF0D3ECB0714@microsoft.com... > Hi, i have a problem with scheduled task in windows 2003 sd. > I cannot see the add a new task in the schedules task panel. >...

first value of the month from a list of dates
Hello gurus, I've read through a list of message thread, and you guys are wonderfu ! . Experts !. Anyway, I hope somebody can help me with this problem. I have a list of share prices together with the dates. (about 20 to 2 dates in a month). How do i extract out the first day of every month from a list o database of 3 years (day by day) ? I think hard, but no avail. Help... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi one way: - add a helper colum adjacent to your data list (lets say column C) - in C1 enter the formula: =DAY(A1) ->if column A stores your dates - copy do...

getting message interface error and can't send or receive emails
If I try to move or delete an email I get a message - "The message interface has returned an unknown error. If this problem persists restart outlook." I have restarted outlook several times and also re-booted my PC several times. Still to no avail I cannot send or receive emails now either. While Outlook is closed, rename the Outcmd.dat and *.srs files, then open Outlook again and see if this helped. If not, please post back. Also, please post what version of Outlook you're using. If you have reached the limit on your PST, that could cause the error as well. -- Kathleen...

how can i make furmulas for converting gram to microliter,thanks
please help me to find how i can convert gram to microliter What kind of Liquid are we dealing with !? Micky "aedrion" wrote: > please help me to find how i can convert gram to microliter Hi aedrion, There is no direct conversion - grams are units of mass (weight); microlitres are units of volume. If, of course, you know how many microlitres of a substance weighs 1 gram, then you can do the conversion for that substance. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "aedrion" <aedrion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDE712...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report
Hi All, I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the report. What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date? Thank you! decklun The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query. Once for the report and a second time for ...

can't find registration library
Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money 2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library (dll). anyone aware of this problem? any fix to this problem? In microsoft.public.money, ljmalka wrote: >Hi - Opening up my money 2006 software and i get a weird thing: accept money >2006 internet based services policy (i have the software for a while now), >when i accept i get an error message : unable to load registration library >(dll). anyone awar...

POP connector
Hi, I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP mailbox to my Exchange mailbox. Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox? Thx, Dennieku On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkey...

How can I apply rules on read email only?
I have an extenive list of mail sorts, but I would like them to run only after I have read my mail. I also have screening tools for deletes, and junk mail and presorts for mail that I don't reglarly read. In order to sort the read mail now, I have to manuallly got into rules and turn on the rules for one pass on the mail at the end ot the day to pick up the mail that I have read. It would be nice to be able to "turn on all rules now" or to have them automaically screen the read mail when I start up Outlook. Any workarounds for this? I am just a few months into using Outlo...

Oops! can I change border now?
Well I've just spent months working on my first Publisher document. I've created a 34 page catalog which looks quite nice... I spent a lot of time making sure the master page was nice and even. I did a test print out and it looked fine...however... I forgot that the pages will be stapled...and that though the catalog is acceptable the way it is...I should really move the entire printed area over slightly to the right. Since all pages have used the same master page layout...is there some simple way to get all objects shifted over...on all pages? It would be way too time consuming to mo...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

Changing the user password without the use of SA or DYNSA accounts
Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this. Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA. Thank you You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management Studio. In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check the box for sysadmin. "Junior De Alba" wrote: > Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the S...

Can a user update his own information
I've played around with the permissions but cannot seem to give a user permission to update his own phone numbers, email, etc. in CRM. This doesn't seem like an IT function at all but we keep having to update this information for our CRM users. Please help. ...

Date function help
I have order received date. I will start the order on the next comin THURDAY always. My delivery date is 9 days from the start. eg. Received date = 5/7/2004. Start Date is = 8/7/2004. Delivery dat will be 17/7/2004. Can somebody help with a formula to calculate delivery date. By the wa we are into furniture manufacturing. Thanks in advance, Itt -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > ... My delivery date is 9 days from the start. > .. a formula to calculate delivery date. If col B contains the start dates, from row2 down just put in say, C2: =B2+9 (think Excel will fo...

close form without required field msg box
How can I close a form with required fields without the msg box popping up to enter required fields. I do not want the user to have to hit the escape button. I want the form to close without msgs. -- deb Deb How will Access "know" when it is OK to NOT require fields, or when it MUST require fields? Maybe you don't need required fields? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B1C0EF3-7A2F-402E-AA5B-2FABB9EA73D9@microsoft.com... > > How can I close a form with required fields wit...

Multiple reports in range date
I have multiple reports using the same range of start and end date weekly. The date is display in a tab form to remind me the date range. I like to print weekly multiple reports using these range of date. Can anyone help me. Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Create a form with two unbound textboxes to enter your dates. Use the textboxes as criteria in the query for the reports like this -- [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox1] and [Forms]![YourFormName]![TextBox2] Before running the reports open the form, enter the dates, leave form open...

Smartlist dates gone crazy?
Hi Guys: The user initially asked if we can access the created date of a transaction. So for month end adjusting entries for say June '08 your posting date probably would be June 30th '08 but the Acctg Mgr wanted to know the date the accountant entered the transaction - probably July 5th '08 or something like that. We set up a Smartlist in the Account Transactions folder using Created Date, the posted TRX date and the usual DR & CR amounts. Problem is, regardless of series, we're seeing on some transactions a created date of 2 years ago, for example 6/28/2006 and ...

how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook??
how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? What version? >-----Original Message----- >how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? > > >. > office xp "Mark Gable" <mgable@ficomp.com> wrote in message news:023101c34bc3$de3643b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What version? > > >-----Original Message----- > >how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? > > > > > >. > > As far as I know, it's not possible because Hotmail doesn't give out their POP3 and SMTP server information. If you know t...

KEEPING COUNT
Don't know if this is possible but here goes: I'm trying to take inventory of products with a Bar code scanner which returns a numerical code in a cell once an item is scanned. When I scan a second item, a new code appears in the cell below and so on. eg. BAR CODE 1001 1025 1535 1001 1003 1025 1001 .... Problem is, I end up with a long list of products in my column, and MANY repeat themselves. Is there a formula or a code that could add up and generate the total number of identical codes to reduce the size of the column ? eg. BAR CODE QTY 1001 3 1025 ...

count text with * wildcard and date range
Hi, I would like to count the number of times a character string occurs in a URL in a certain date range. Say I'm looking for all the URLs that came from livejournal.com from the day of 2/15. A B Sarah.livejournal.com/123 2/15 georgeB.blogspot.com/George 2/15 happy.typepad.com/blah 2/15 male.livejournal.com/male 2/15 blogger/12345678 2/20 bobtheman.livejournal.com/#bob 2/20 I have tried the SUMPRODUCT function, but it doesn't seem to be able to deal with...

can't update links...can't find links
I have a workbook (Two.xls) that pulls data from another workbook (One.xls). When opening Two.xls i tell it to update data, and I then receive a message saying that there are links to other workbooks that connot be updated. When searching for the links to this source (One.xls) I am unable to find the links. I search for ".xls" and"[" and find nothing. I have intentional links to One.xls so I can't just break all links, nor can I simply search and delete all instances of .xls, however, the intentional links work correctly (they are able to update)...is there a way...