Can I convert columns to rows?

I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed
vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out
horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of each
program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me.
Here's an example:

(My data in word)

Mel's Tire Store, Inc.
300 Culbertson Avenue
Worland, WY 82401
(307) 347-3601

Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these
colum headings:

"Business Name"            "Address"           "City"     "State"   "Zip"
       " Phone"
Mel's Tire Store, Inc.     300 Culbertson   Worland     WY   82401
(307)347-3601

Is this possible or do you know a way I could make something like this
happen? Thanks for your time and imput!

0
Penda (1)

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is what I would do.  Paste the
information as it is from Word.  Then select the rows and columns in Excel,
copy, click in cell where you want to start the new rows and columns, Paste
Special...Transpose (just above the OK button).  Then delete the original
rows.

Connie Martin

"Adam@Penda" <Adam@Penda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed
> vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out
> horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of
each
> program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me.
> Here's an example:
>
> (My data in word)
>
> Mel's Tire Store, Inc.
> 300 Culbertson Avenue
> Worland, WY 82401
> (307) 347-3601
>
> Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these
> colum headings:
>
> "Business Name"            "Address"           "City"     "State"   "Zip"
>        " Phone"
> Mel's Tire Store, Inc.     300 Culbertson   Worland     WY   82401
> (307)347-3601
>
> Is this possible or do you know a way I could make something like this
> happen? Thanks for your time and imput!

Paste from Word into Excel as a column, then copy that and:
Edit/ Paste Special/ tick Transpose, and it'll paste it as a row
--
David Biddulph

Hi there,

Using the methods of Connie and David will get you almost to the point you
want but not all the way.  If you are okay with "Worland, WY 82401" all in
one cell, then you have your solution.  However, if you want the city, state
and zip in separate columns then you can use Text To Columns under Data to
do this.

Here's what I did to separate city, state and zip.

First I copied the column and pasted on a separate sheet.  Then I used  Edit
 > Find > Replace > , > Replace with > "nothing" to remove the comas behind
the city.  Copy and paste back over the original column on the previous
sheet.  (I used a separate sheet to avoid removing the comas in the rest of
the address text).

Now select the column with the tele no's and Insert > Column.  Do this twice
to give you the needed space.

Now select the column and under Data > Text To Columns > Check Delimited >
Next > Check Space > Next > Finish.

Should get you there.

HTH
Regards,
Howard (a Powell Panther helping a Worland Warrior)

"Adam@Penda" <Adam@Penda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed
> vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out
> horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of
> each
> program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me.
> Here's an example:
>
> (My data in word)
>
> Mel's Tire Store, Inc.
> 300 Culbertson Avenue
> Worland, WY 82401
> (307) 347-3601
>
> Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these
> colum headings:
>
> "Business Name"            "Address"           "City"     "State"   "Zip"
>       " Phone"
> Mel's Tire Store, Inc.     300 Culbertson   Worland     WY   82401
> (307)347-3601
>
> Is this possible or do you know a way I could make something like this
> happen? Thanks for your time and imput!

0
lhkittle (223)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

if cell is text move left one column

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

Sorting on Column headers
I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I really need to save time with this project if possible. Thanks!:) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > I have a spreedsheet that someone else created and I need to take the > Column headers, which are in date form, and rearrange them in > chronological order. Can this be done without cutting and pasting? I > really need to save time with this project if possib...

Convert Miles to Kilometeres
Hi Is there a formula i can use that will automatically convert a number entered into Kilometers in my Access tables Ie someone has entered 3 miles and i need to know how many Kilometers it is as i am not very good with convertions -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Multiply the miles by 1.6 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Shazza" <shazzalowe@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:F84966F8-C15C-491A-B55A-0D41AA5C05AE@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Is there a f...

Publisher can not save file

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?