Can I convert a column into a row?

Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple,
but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!
0
Lenworth (1)

Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control
C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special.
Select transpose. Click ok.

- Mangesh

"Lenworth" <Lenworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
> different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be
simple,
> but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!

And note that there only 256 columns in a sheet so you cannot transpose more
than that to a row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 20 May 2005 14:54:01 +0530, "Mangesh" <mangesh.yadav@NOSPAMgmail.com>
wrote:

>Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control
>C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit > Paste Special.
>Select transpose. Click ok.
>
>- Mangesh
>

>"Lenworth" <Lenworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
>> different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be
>simple,
>> but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!

0
Gord

Make stair columns
Hi..there If you have any clue, please help me out. I have the values in A column below A B C D E F G H I J K L But I wold like to get: A B D C E G F H J I K L Thank you. How about a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim DestCell As Range Dim myStep As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim FirstRow As Long Dim iRow As Long myStep = 3 With Worksheets("sheet1") FirstRow = 1 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set DestCell = .Range("a1") For iRow = FirstRow + myStep ...

Can't re-enable microphone array
Folks- I run run Vista Home Premium SP2 on a Dell XPS M1730 with built in microphones(2). I inadvertantly disabled the Sigmatel Hi Def Audio microphones from: CONTROL-PANEL\SOUND\RECORDING\CONFIGURE I expected the microphone array would appear with a CONFIGURE option to enable it...but it no longer appears under RECORDING and I can't figure out how to get it back. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Gary ...

Can I make a row "float"?
I would like to make a row float. So if I scroll down to row 211 or whatever, I will have one row tha will always be on top no matter how far down I scroll. Thanks in advance. dvcrogers@sbcglobal.ne -- dvcroger ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dvcrogers's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52413 Say you want row 4 to freeze Select row 4, then go to window and freez -- davesexce --------------------------------------------------------...

Programmatically converting visio to html
Hi, Could someone tell me if it is possible to programmatically save a visio diagram as a web page. I know it can be done inside Visio but can you do it through a COM component? If so how? Thanks, Helen Chant MCT, MCSD.NET, MCSD Helen, Visio has an object model you can use to control Visio from Visual Basic or any COM application; Developing Microsoft Visio Solutions (see URL below) has all the details. To save as HTML, though, you'll want to use Visio's Save As Web addon's object model. Search MSDN for "save as web page reference" to get all the details on that...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

Graphing Variable-length columns
Hi, I have a situation where I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns, A and B. Column A is the date and Column B is the # of bids we have submitted on that day. I create a graph based on those columns, that shows the date on the X-axis and the # on the Y-axis. But I would like the graph to be updated automatically everytime I add a new row to the spreadsheet. So that tomorrow, when I add the row for May 10, the chart will reflect May 10 without requiring me to recreate the chart. Is this possible? I've tried everything I can think of and it hasn't worked. Thanks! Ben merc1286@hot...

Setting Column Width on Imported Data
Hi all, I would like to know if it is possible to set the column width of a column I am importing to Excel from Access. I need this column for what I'm doing in the Excel file, but I don't want it so wide, or would even like it hidden. Problem is everytime the data gets updated the column goes back to really wide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lori. ...

How can I insert the degree sign with F after it as a shortcut?
I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with the F after it in a short keyboard stroke or two? You could make it an automatic text entry of various types (AutoText, AutoCorrect, AutoComplete As You Type, depending on your version of Word), or you could assign a keyboard shortcut to the degree sign in the Insert Symbol panel and then type the F. On Nov 26, 3:42=A0pm, Sharrietta <Sharrie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know how to insert the degree sign but can I put in a degree sign with = the > F after it in a short keyboard stroke...

mswrd632 converter error
Just a thought. Can you convert the 2003 word files into Adobe pdf files and then open them? Also, I heard a blurb on Bloomberg News that Microsoft had lost a law suite to a Canadian firm for the rights to a piece of software they used in Word. Could this be the problem? On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:06:35 -0800, Shiela <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >Just a thought. Can you convert the 2003 word files into Adobe pdf files and then open them? Also, I heard a blurb on Bloomberg News that Microsoft had lost a law suite to a Canadian firm for the rights to a piece of software they used in ...

Adding on to a formula across rows and columns
I need to add a second section of a formula onto an existing formul across rows and columns. The problems are: -Not all cells currently contain formulas (some are blank) -Not all the formulas are the same (there are at least 2 different formulas among all the existing formulas that I want to add that secon formula or section to)...and the different formulas are somewha interspersed. -Some of the existing formulas contain relative references (I want t change them to absolute references) -If I use relative references to somehow copy a portion of a formul across all remaining rows and columns,...

maximum number of rows that can be coppied to clipboard
is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a table? using access 2002 on XP, Roland wrote: > is there a maximum number of rows that can be copied to clipboard from a > table? using access 2002 on XP, I have Access 2003 when I tried to copy a table with 70,000 records it said the limit was about 65,000. gls858 65536 -- Regards - Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF98F875-56C6-4C22-8695-D8CFBE47D12E@microsoft.com... > is there a...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

Can I prevent a spreadsheet from being copied?
I'm going to publish a retirement nest egg calculator to the web and want to know if I can prevent buyers from copying it, or if I can restrict them to being only able to use it on one computer. I plan to supply any purcashed copies by email. Thanks, George Forbes Hi George This needs a lot of creative, part evil, VBA programming, and you must ensure that macros are enabled for the file to work. Very complicated. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Nest Egg George" <Nest Egg George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8BA275E-BCE9-4748-85B2-1A0199...

can't restore mailbox
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 and need to restore a single users mailbox who no longer has an account/mailbox in Active Directory (there account was deleted a few months ago). I was able to get as far as restoring and mounting the datastore that has the users mailbox, but when I try using the 'recover mailbox data' option in the exchange tasks, I get this error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 . I see the mailbox I want to restore and everything, I just can'...

want to turn PT row data into column data
original data: name win loss score paul 1 325 Jane 0 1 225 walt 1 400 nancy 0 200 jane 1 300 nancy 1 200 paul 1 365 walt 1 350 when i create p.t. I get (or a vague approximation) paul win 2 loss 0 avg 345 jane win 1 loss 1 avg 260 walt win 1 loss 1 avg 375 nancy win 0 loss 2 avg 200 but this is what I would like: name win loss avg Paul 2 0 345 Jane 1 1 260 walt 1 1 375 nancy 0 2 200 ---------------------------- HOw? tx phynkel, Grab the g...

No text converter is installed for ppt
My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power point is installed and was able to open and run presentations. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj In article <195F8B98-7016-4346-A33D-91BC75E07DAE@microsoft.com>, Raj wrote: > My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a > PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power > point is installed and was able to open and run presentat...

column size mis-match
Hello, In 3 of my stacked-column charts, the display size of one or more of the columns is smaller than the actual number it represents. When sliding my mouse over the column, is says 1,000: when looking at the column size vs the chart y-axis, is says 750. On another, it is 500 vs 250. In another chart, the numbers 332 and 782 are displayed as zero. When I change one of the numbers to 9999, is suddenly does display properly. How is this possible? A despairing texas Tonie! If it's a 3D chart, switch it back to a 2D chart. In stacked column charts, remember that the columns are a...

Can't see existing table in Design view for a QBE
Hi Guys, I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the relationship link but am unable to scroll left to view the table. Does anyone know how to fix this?? Many thanks in advance, Cheers, On Tue, 18 May 2010 17:35:01 -0700, DontKnow <DontKnow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I can't see a table in QBE even when I have the scroll bar as far left as I >possibly can. I have joineed another table to the query and I can see the ...

combine hide row macro with conditional formatting
I'm sure one of you gurus can solve this in a flash. I've recorded a simple macro to hide a row (Alt O, Alt R, Alt H) but I want it to run automatically based on a cell value. For example: If cell value "A1" is "x" then I want the macro to run, and repeat itself down the column "A2, A3" etcetera until it reaches a blank cell. Is there a way to plug my existing macro "hiderow" into Conditional Formatting for a column; or is there a simpler solution? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.c...

Can't use MS-Money with Bank of America???????????
I've used Quicken for a while and am using Quicken2003. I've just gave the new MS-Money2004 trial version a try and I like it better, so I was going to switch...... Until I discovered that Bank of America does not support MS-Money, only Quicken. That sounds crazy to me, but apparently this is the case. If I want to switch from Quicken to MS-Money I will loose the ability to download bank transactions automatically and must use the old fashioned manual download statement method. Does anyone know why a bank as large as Bank America doesn't support MS-Money? Does anyone...

Need to Convert to a PDF
I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page to convert. Which is the best converting program out there? It is a big file. What .pdf creating program are you using now? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "MCFARLINOFFICE" <MCFARLINOFFICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75F61818-5E0D-4F1E-9F30-27091C99298D@microsoft.com... >I have a 7 page doc that will not convert to a PDF. I can only get one page > to convert. Which is the best converting progr...

Autofit row height in only some rows
Is it possible to change this macro to only autofit the row height on rows 254-332 in the workbook? I am using this macro: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object) Application.EnableEvents = False Sh.Rows.AutoFit Sh.Rows("1.33").AutoFit Application.EnableEvents = True EndSub Thanks in advance for your help. VBA Code: -------------------- Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_SheetCalculate(ByVal Sh As Object) Application.EnableEvents = False Sh.Rows("254:332").AutoFit Application.EnableEvents = True ...

Can I record a macro
....or do I have to write code manually? If so - how is that done? I think with Visio 2003, you can! Unfortunately, with Visio 2002 (which I have), this is not possible. Lana wrote: > ...or do I have to write code manually? > > If so - how is that done? > > Macro recording was introduced with Visio 2003. If you do not have Visio 2003, you can post a request to the newsgroups for someone to run the macro recorder and post the results. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA...

Autoresize column for ClistCtrl
Hi, how could I have a Clistcontrol that always resizes its columns(>=1) exactly to fit its content. Recently I saw an article on codeproject for a C# ListView control where they use a trick. They send a [Control] + [+] key , it possible to do the same with MFC. If not how can I do the same ? I have seen that done. First see if SetColumnWidth with either LVSCW_AUTOSIZE or LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER will help you out. If not see this article. (It mainly about a bug in windows related to resizing a list control and it's header dynamically) http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Auto_S...

Convert numbers that have hidden Quotation Mark Embedded
Every month I work with a worksheet sent to me from another program. The numbers look like these: Amount $44,000.00 $90,000.00 $115,000.00 $24,000.00 I tried coverting them to nubmers by first using =value() formula, that doesn't work; I tried by formatting the cell to numbers, that doesn't work; I tried using text data to column and that doesn't work neither. I ended up having to first hit F2 to call up the numbers in each cell, then backspace the cell 3 times and that method works. However, it's time consuming. Anyone has a better idea? Pleas...