Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?

I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel.  Can it be
changed to another cursor?
0
KFEagle (4)

Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle"
<KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel.  Can it be
>changed to another cursor?

0
Gord

White Cross Pointer
When I open Excell 2003, the blank worksheet has a white cross cell pointer at upper left. If I move it via mouse, it lays out a cell block and I cannot get out of the cell area to the toolbars. What happened and how do I get out of it? Thanks. This might be of some interest http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Earl" <emaloney@aol.com> wrote in message news:9BC0421B-0AA1-45BC-8E33-67A44DF4E774@microsoft.com... > When I open Excell 2003, the blank worksheet has a...

Can I change the "white cross" cursor in Excel to another cursor?
I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be changed to another cursor? Not an option that anyone has been able to alter as far as I can recall. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 10:23:01 -0700, "KFEagle" <KFEagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't particularly care for the "white cross" cursor in Excel. Can it be >changed to another cursor? ...

Excel ALWAYS locks up-little white cross-& I need to reboot HELP!
I have been having lots of trouble with my Excel "locking" up on me. It is so bad that I basically can't use the software. I click into my worksheet and a little white cross appears. Then it appears to "stick" and I need to go into my Task Manager to exit. HELP! Hi, Bunky Girl. Try the following: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/troubleshooting_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Bunky Girl" <Bunky Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24BF52E0-94BD-4578-AB07-16FB62AF0EE1@microsoft.com...

Eliminating the white cross
All of a sudden my Excel program will not give me the arrow cursor but only a white cross which will not allow me to edit or delete anything but only produces shaded areas. I have no idea how this started and need to know how to get back the arrow cursor. Have tried everything, including reinstalling the program, but the problem continues. Hi, Tap the F8 key - you are in Extend mode. If you tap F* and watch the status bar you will see EXT come and go - just like tapping Caps Lock cycles CAPS on/off. Bernard "Fool" <LMPeters64@aol.com> wrote in message news:098d01c38...