Can I change the font color of text inside an IF statement?

Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003.

=IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error"))

I would like the text color to change red if:
IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red.
IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red.

If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not
familiar enough with excel to do this.

Thanks for the assistance!

Craig

0
CraigI (1)

Hi
a formula can't change a format.
But have a look at 'Format - Conditional Format' for this
"Craig_I" wrote:

> Here is the equation I'm using in Excel 2003.
>
> =IF(AND(G3="NO",B1-E3<2),B1-E3,IF(AND(G3="YES",B1-E3<=96),B1-E3,"Error"))
>
> I would like the text color to change red if:
> IF NO is selected and B1-E3 >2 I would like the text to turn red.
> IF YES is selected and B1-E3 >4 I would like the text to turn red.
>
> If I can do this in conditional formatting, that’s fine, I'm just not
> familiar enough with excel to do this.
>
> Thanks for the assistance!
>
> Craig

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

How do I extract text content from an exported .rwz file
Outlook 2003, Office Pro - When you export Rules and create a .rwz file, the file is not a pure text file as it seems to be loaded with null chars. I would like to extract the long list of spam words used in a particular rule. Is there a way or a utility which will remove all the nulls from the file so I may edit it to get the contents I want ? The alternative storage location is not any easier - trying to get the same info, as it is similarly stored, out of the registry. :( -Ric Not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and R...

Display Field Name as Text Listing if Value True from Checkbox Fields
Hi everyone! I have 40 or so columns in a table using the yes/no data type. Each record in the table represents an audit of a paper form. Those items filled incorrectly or incompletely on the paper form receive a check on an access form during the audit process. I would like to create a feedback form based on the audit record that displays a listing of fields that received the check boxes, or rather, were incomplete or incorrect on paper form that was audited. On the feedback form, I only want to display something like this: "Your form had the following errors: ErrorFieldOneName Erro...

i can change the font on the screen to be large but can't print t.
i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi Maybe in the Page Setup you have this setting "fit to1 by 1 page" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tj" <tj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:244325C6-A407-4CD8-BE76-75AB3C93A78A@microsoft.com... >i am trying to make the print on my spreadsheet larger. i can change the > font on the screen but it still prints the smaller font?????help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Can't connect with MSN Messenger on Mac OS X
I have a G5 with the latest version of OS X. I installed Office for OSX and every app works fine. Machine is connected to the Internet and browsing and email are flawless. When I run Messenger and try to sign in it immediately returns with an error saying that it can't connet since either MSN service is down or machine is not connected to the Internet. I checked my Passport login and it works perfectly from the MSN site. Any idea about what's going on? Thanks, -Vlad Vlad Vinogradsky <vvinogra@speakeasy.net> wrote: Hi Vlad, > I have a G5 with the latest version ...

how can I move the e-mail accounts from outlook 2002 to an other computer
how can I move the e-mail accunts from outlook 2002 to an other computer same program?? ...

paste-linking annotating text boxes
I'm trying to insert an Excel chart into a PowerPoint presentation and link it dynamically. The data link is not an issue but I cannot find a practical way to paste the text boxes that were added to the Excel chart by way of annotation. Selecting and pasting the chart itself and the textboxes as if they were separate objects results in a distorted PowerPoint layout. Is my only choice to add the text boxes anew in PowerPoint? Select the chart prior to adding the textbox. The textbox then will be part of the chart, rather than just another drawing object floating above the worksh...

Change QuickFind to search contains
Hello, Is there a way to change the QuickFind to use the contains operator rather than begins with? Custom dev or third party recommendations are fine. Thanks. simply put a wildcard * in front of your search term in the query box and it will match the defined search fields for that entitiy type on a 'like" (contains) basis. ...

can comment indicator color be changed?
Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see the indicator. Can the color be changed and if so how please. Thanks Karl AFAIK, no, you can't change this. Maybe you can change your CF color. Bright yellow? On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:27:02 -0700, "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi when you put a comment in a cell the indicator is red but I have cells >that are conditionally formatted to come up red if out of spec and can't see >the indic...

Different background color depending on x-axis value
Hi! Is there any way to have the background in a chart have differen colors depending on x-axis values? Like x-axis value 1-10 => blue background x-axis value 10-20 => red background Thank -- RealRave ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RealRaven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56778 Here are a few of the ways you can get custom background fills for your charts" http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html#Backgro...

how do i get font style back on toolbar?
new to this...when i started my document the font style was displayed on toolbar...now it is not...what do i do and thanks to those who help!!!!!!1 Melissa, try view, toolbars, and check formatting -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "melissa" <melissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:852099EC-03A0-4B0F-91AD-0B9F61CF8C4B@microsoft.com... > new to this...when i started my document the fon...

Can I get my Dialog's background color already? :) Just can't figure it out
I'm trying to get the background color for the basic Dialog created using the Wizard GetSysColor(COLOR_WINDOW) isn't working (returns some other color) GetBkColor() for the DC isn't working (returns white) Where can I trap that? The dc->GetBkColor in OnPaint returns a white color I finally did GetSysColor(COLOR_3DFACE) because I noticed they are the same, but that's not really what I want Thank you. "Yasoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9FF1E6B-C815-41B0-92FA-846EDC82FBAE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the ba...

can't send Entourage mail
5/4 List members: Today when I tried to send several messages using Entourage I received the error message "This message does not conform to RFC2822 Standard". The messages are still sitting in the Outgoing box. This has never happened to me before. I'd appreciate any insights into why this might be happening. I've verified the Microsoft Office 2004 database - no change. I'm working on a MacPro Intel Mac. Thank you in advance for any help. Sincerely, Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: It means the system does not like the Header of the message. Chances are, ...

can't associate .pps with email attachment vista
-- marianne dagher You need to make the explanation / question a little clearer and please don't just use the subject area, the big message area just down a bit is easier to read!. "mariane" <mariane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB4464FA-51BA-473C-9E5A-9013262D9EC0@microsoft.com... > > -- > marianne dagher > > __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus > signature database 4849 (20100208) __________ > > The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. > > http://www.eset.com ...

How can I go to a specific page number in a large document
How do I go to a specific page number in a large word document. Read the replies to your earlier identical post -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "yisaajao" <yisaajao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFC4289D-FC93-4C1B-951B-DB08CED833...

How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style?
Dear friends: The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. How can I convert my Archive Folder from its OL2002 style to the new OL2003 style? I understand that the OL2003 style doesn't have the 2 GB limitation. I use Outlook 2003. Any hint? Thanks Juan I. Cahis Santiago de Chile (South America) Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it! In news:1kp8j1le66sp3j25022kl7pktvbj63hnrp@4ax.com, Juan I. Cahis <jiclbch@SINBASURAattglobal.net> typed: > Dear friends: > > The size of my Archive Folder is approaching 2 GB. > > How can I conv...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

Blurry text in Bold
Bold characters in excel cells are blurred (reduced clarity) regular text appears fine. Please advise on remedy I understand that Word 2003 has similar issues on regular font. (deactivate ClearType was solution for word) I cannot find any info regarding Excel 2003 in knowledge base ...

The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest
The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Actually it is only a web based interface to the microsoft public newsgroups. Dessi Purnama Putra wrote: > The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest Wow, you almost finished a sentence. "Dessi Purnama Putra" <Dessi Purnama Putra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17EFCDB1-9675-4413-BC27-6EC94D840DC6@microsoft.com... : The Microsoft Community is a public forum where you can ask quest ...

How to remove contacts when email changes
Outlook 2003 If I receive an email from a sender not on my list, that sender's email address is not automatically added to my contacts but will appear on the automated list when I enter the first letter of the sender's email address. If that sender changes email address I cannot delete the old email address. Instead I am left with two email addresses for that sender both of which will appear on the automated list. How can I remove the old email address? You seem to be confused. Receiving an email does not add an address anywhere in Outlook. Sending an email might, a...

Highlight color in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I wish to change the highlight color choices or their intensities in Word 2008 (not in Excel and not theselect-text color). Can one do this and, if so, how? You just have to change the highlight color of the operating system! Word uses the OS highlight color. Go to system preferences > appearance & change the highlight color. I think I was misunderstood. The highlighting I mean might be called background color. When one selects text, one can color the text, one can color the background, or both. My questions is ...

Conditional Statement in a Macro
I have a time sheet program with a pivot table on each sheet to sum the hours worked on each job #. Each pivot table is named pivot table 7. I have set up a macro to update the pivot table easily. It is as follows: Sub Update_Pivot_Table() ' ' Update_Pivot_Table Macro ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+p ' Range("E63").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable7").PivotCache.Refresh Range("H62").Select End Sub Thus, since each table is named "PivotTable7" the macro works on any of the sheets. I have added a pivot tab...

Import plain text with formulas into Excel
I'm having some trouble in Excel. If I create a plain text file like the following: 1,2,3 4,5,6 =sum(a1:a2), =sum(b1:b2) Nothing can be done as if in spanish is (SI), iserror is (ESERROR), and so on. This really sucks as I can't just install other software on the server nor make other modifications. I don't know what Microsoft was thinking when they translated the versions; any Excel version should accept it's language commands and English commands, but well, that's too much to ask for... Any good sugestions? Regards -- schmiedel ---------------------------------...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...