Can I change Headers and footers in selected Reports at the same .

0
tester5736 (11)

maybe...

If you're writing about worksheets in the same workbook, you can group the
sheets (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs).  Then
File|page setup and change the headers/footers.

Remember to ungroup the sheets (just rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and
select ungroup sheets) or you may damage your workbook.  Almost anything you do
to a one sheet (of a group) is done to the rest of the sheets in that group.

Tester wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> maybe...
>
> If you're writing about worksheets in the same workbook, you can group the
> sheets (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs).  Then
> File|page setup and change the headers/footers.
>
> Remember to ungroup the sheets (just rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and
> select ungroup sheets) or you may damage your workbook.  Almost anything you do
> to a one sheet (of a group) is done to the rest of the sheets in that group.
>

> Tester wrote:
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
tester5736 (11)
11/21/2005 9:59:02 AM
You could record a macro when you change one of the headers/footers.  Tweak it
to limit it to only the stuff you need to do (delete the stuff that gets
recorded that you don't want to change).

Then you could modify that code to look at the worksheets in the workbooks that
you want updated.

Kind of like this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim myFileNames As Variant
    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim wkbk As Workbook
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _
                     ("Excel Files,*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)

    If IsArray(myFileNames) = False Then
        Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
    End If

    For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
        Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr))
        For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
            'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
        Next wks
        wkbk.Close savechanges:=True
    Next iCtr

End Sub

The multiselect:=true means that you can select multiple files (click on the
first, ctrl-click on subsequent) in the File|Open dialog.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You could record a macro when you change one of the headers/footers.  Tweak it
> to limit it to only the stuff you need to do (delete the stuff that gets
> recorded that you don't want to change).
>
> Then you could modify that code to look at the worksheets in the workbooks that
> you want updated.
>
> Kind of like this:
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme()
>
>     Dim myFileNames As Variant
>     Dim iCtr As Long
>     Dim wkbk As Workbook
>     Dim wks As Worksheet
>
>     myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _
>                      ("Excel Files,*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)
>
>     If IsArray(myFileNames) = False Then
>         Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
>     End If
>
>     For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
>         Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr))
>         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
>             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
>         Next wks
>         wkbk.Close savechanges:=True
>     Next iCtr
>
> End Sub
>
> The multiselect:=true means that you can select multiple files (click on the
> first, ctrl-click on subsequent) in the File|Open dialog.
>
> If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
>

> Tester wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Dave, but no, I need to change headers and footers in over a hundred
> > different folders on a regular basis. As the headers/footers are all the
> > same, I need to be able to select all the folders I want to change, and
> > change as a batch.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > maybe...
> > >
> > > If you're writing about worksheets in the same workbook, you can group the
> > > sheets (click on the first tab and ctrl-click on subsequent tabs).  Then
> > > File|page setup and change the headers/footers.
> > >
> > > Remember to ungroup the sheets (just rightclick on any of the grouped sheets and
> > > select ungroup sheets) or you may damage your workbook.  Almost anything you do
> > > to a one sheet (of a group) is done to the rest of the sheets in that group.
> > >

> > > Tester wrote:
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
tester5736 (11)
11/24/2005 1:51:04 PM
This portion loops through all the worksheets in the workbook:

        For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
            'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
        Next wks

If you don't need that portion, just write your code to fix the single sheet:

        wkbk.worksheets("sheet1")...

or if it's always the leftmost:
        wkbk.worksheets(1)....

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> This portion loops through all the worksheets in the workbook:
>
>         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
>             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
>         Next wks
>
> If you don't need that portion, just write your code to fix the single sheet:
>
>         wkbk.worksheets("sheet1")...
>
> or if it's always the leftmost:
>         wkbk.worksheets(1)....
>

> Tester wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the help Dave. I am afraid that I have had very little experience
> > with Visual Basic, but I finaly made your program work with my recorded
> > macro. This has saved me a great deal of work. I am still having a problem
> > though, as the Header/Footer is restricted to the first sheet in the workbook
> > only. The program appears to select all sheets, but the Headers are not there.
> >  I have also tried recording a macro selecting all sheets as in your first
> > reply. This works when done individualy, but not when applying the macro. The
> > sheets are selected as in your program, but again the Header is not applied.
> > Any sugestions?
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > You could record a macro when you change one of the headers/footers.  Tweak it
> > > to limit it to only the stuff you need to do (delete the stuff that gets
> > > recorded that you don't want to change).
> > >
> > > Then you could modify that code to look at the worksheets in the workbooks that
> > > you want updated.
> > >
> > > Kind of like this:
> > >
> > > Option Explicit
> > > Sub testme()
> > >
> > >     Dim myFileNames As Variant
> > >     Dim iCtr As Long
> > >     Dim wkbk As Workbook
> > >     Dim wks As Worksheet
> > >
> > >     myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _
> > >                      ("Excel Files,*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)
> > >
> > >     If IsArray(myFileNames) = False Then
> > >         Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
> > >     End If
> > >
> > >     For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
> > >         Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr))
> > >         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
> > >             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
> > >         Next wks
> > >         wkbk.Close savechanges:=True
> > >     Next iCtr
> > >
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > The multiselect:=true means that you can select multiple files (click on the
> > > first, ctrl-click on subsequent) in the File|Open dialog.
> > >
> > > If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
> > > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
tester5736 (11)
11/28/2005 11:30:02 AM
I'm guessing that it was something that happened after you merged that original
shell and your macro that changed the header/footer.

First, ignore the followup and go back to the original suggestion.

But my guess is that your code is working on the activesheet (if you recorded
the macro, this is a common problem).

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim myFileNames As Variant
    Dim iCtr As Long
    Dim wkbk As Workbook
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _
                     ("Excel Files,*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)

    If IsArray(myFileNames) = False Then
        Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
    End If

    For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
        Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr))
        For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
            'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
        Next wks
        wkbk.Close savechanges:=True
    Next iCtr

End Sub

Replace that 'fix that header... line with your code.

But if you have any:
  with activesheet
change them to
  with wks

In fact, if you have any activesheet's at all, replace them all with wks.

Another option...

        For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
            wks.activate
            'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
        Next wks

By adding that wks.activate line, it may be sufficient.

If all else fails, you're going to have to post the code you're using.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I'm guessing that it was something that happened after you merged that original
> shell and your macro that changed the header/footer.
>
> First, ignore the followup and go back to the original suggestion.
>
> But my guess is that your code is working on the activesheet (if you recorded
> the macro, this is a common problem).
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme()
>
>     Dim myFileNames As Variant
>     Dim iCtr As Long
>     Dim wkbk As Workbook
>     Dim wks As Worksheet
>
>     myFileNames = Application.GetOpenFilename _
>                      ("Excel Files,*.xls", MultiSelect:=True)
>
>     If IsArray(myFileNames) = False Then
>         Exit Sub 'user hit cancel
>     End If
>
>     For iCtr = LBound(myFileNames) To UBound(myFileNames)
>         Set wkbk = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFileNames(iCtr))
>         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
>             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
>         Next wks
>         wkbk.Close savechanges:=True
>     Next iCtr
>
> End Sub
>
> Replace that 'fix that header... line with your code.
>
> But if you have any:
>   with activesheet
> change them to
>   with wks
>
> In fact, if you have any activesheet's at all, replace them all with wks.
>
> Another option...
>
>         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
>             wks.activate
>             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
>         Next wks
>
> By adding that wks.activate line, it may be sufficient.
>
> If all else fails, you're going to have to post the code you're using.
> Tester wrote:
> >
> > I am afraid I did not make myself clear last time Dave. I do want to have
> > headers and footers on each sheet of every workbook. With my very limited
> > knowledge of Visual Basic, I can see that your code calls for every sheet on
> > each workbook to be opened, and the header/ footer code applied.
> > Unfortunatly, this doesn't happen for me. Watching carefully while the
> > program is running, I see that all sheets after sheet one on each workbook is
> > not highlighted, so the header/footer is only applied to the first sheet in
> > each workbook.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > This portion loops through all the worksheets in the workbook:
> > >
> > >         For Each wks In wkbk.Worksheets
> > >             'fix that header/footer (your modified code here)
> > >         Next wks
> > >
> > > If you don't need that portion, just write your code to fix the single sheet:
> > >
> > >         wkbk.worksheets("sheet1")...
> > >
> > > or if it's always the leftmost:
> > >         wkbk.worksheets(1)....

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
tester5736 (11)

Changing the hotspot of a cursor
I am using a custom cursor, which is a target. How do I make sure the hotspot for the cursor is the center of the target, not the edge? Sam Normally, you would use a cursor editor to design the cursor and specify where the hotspot is. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Sam Carleton" <scarleton-nospam@miltonstreet.com> wrote in message news:sb3Vc.23497$Nl1.5836@fe1.columbus.rr.com... > I am using a custom cursor, which is a target. How do I make sure > the hotspot for the ...

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Can I embed a clickable link that includes command line arguments?
I 'm familiar with the process of embedding a clickable link to a file located on a share accessible to the recipient, and do so regularly by using a UNC formatted path: \\ServerName\Path\to the \location\of the\file (Interesting ... the "<" ">" I wrapped the above line in dissappeared as soon as I entered the close bracket. In Outlook [plain text] I'm not used to that happening.) My question: is it possible to do the same thing to launch a .exe (or ..cmd) with command line arguments? Something like: \\UNC Path\Executable /argument1 /a...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Change in restriction needs
I was not given correct information. The internal user wants to refuse mail from an external sender. Otherwise the senario is the same. We just need to block an external mail address for one particular internal user in SBS2000. pse help. You could do this globally using System Manager otherwise, create a mail-enabled contact for the external user, add it to the internal users Delivery Restrictions tab then hide the contact from the GAL. "Lane Hoskins" <lane@automatedhorizons.net> wrote in message news:#JspudoQEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I was not given correct i...

changing the icon in the topleft corner of an applcation
Hi, How do you change the MFC icon in the top left corner of an MFC applcation? I've edited the icon IDR_MAINFRAME, and this makes my icon appear on front of a file, but doesn't change the top left icon. Hamish Dean, PhD ShapeShifter Technology Ltd www.shapeshifter.net.nz + 64 3 377 3140 hamish@shapeshifter.net.nz You have to change both sizes, 32x32 as well as 16x16. Size of the icon appears as a choice in resource editor. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:pm0Ra.80775$JA5.1637431@news.xtra.c...

Change default currency of Opportunity when convert Campaign Respo
Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the Opportunity is always base currency and it cannot be changed. Is there anyway to make this auto created opportunity has another currency?? The transaction currency in Opportunity is drived from the original campaign from which you created campaign response. If you want your Opportunity has other currency, you need to set it when you create your campaign from the very beginning. "dorekofu" wrote: > Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the > Opportunity is a...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Control can't be edited; it's bound to a replication system column 'TableName'.
I have an Access 2007 accdb database. It hast a table in it with field names TableName and FieldName and a bunch of others. This table has had a small number of records added to it (37) over the life of the database. Suddenly, the two fields TableName and FieldName cannot be edited. That is even if the table is open as a table and you try to type a new record. When you do that an error message is briefly displayed in the left hand end of the Access main window's status bar. For example if you try to input anything into the TableName field you will be blocked and you will briefl...

Can't download bank statement to Money
I've not had this problem until today. No bank data is getting downloaded to MONEY and I don't know if it's the program issue or if there is any virus going on to affect this. Thanks for your help. Without more information from you, I can only tell you that I've not had any problems downloading bank data. Some useful information would be the bank you are using, the version of Money, and the error you are receiving. If you don't get an error, you may not have any transactions to download at this time. "Hannah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

Report in HQ
I would like a report that compares differnt stores cost and price. I can get it to run a report that shows everyitem in both stores but i would like one that just displays the diffenrt ones so i dont have to look at all 8,ooo items. Not sure if i need to export it out to excel but even if that is the case not sure how i would make it only display the ones that have differnt prices and cost per store. Been there. Done that. Have the t-shirt. I can send if you will leave your e-mail address. "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote: > I would like a report that compares differnt stores co...

Fixed Aseet report
We have a fixed asset report printing differently from all other reports. seems like it's been stretch out. any idea why this happened? Thanks for your help. No, but that's the way the report prints for everybody. -- Charles Allen, MVP "hlv" wrote: > We have a fixed asset report printing differently from all other > reports. seems like it's been stretch out. any idea why this happened? > > Thanks for your help. > > ...

How Do I Change Where Outlook Store It's Information?
Greetings, I have several profiles in my Outlook 2000. For some reason two of them are using the same .pst file. Is there somewhere in Outlook that I can change the default .pst file name where that profile stores information? Any help would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Change the pst-file name or location to anything or anywhere you want. When you start Outlook it will prompt you for the file. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully custom...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

Sort and report category items
I'm an Excel rookie using Excel 2008. And this is probably a very beginner question. Example of problem: Sheet has three(3) columns (A, B, C) with the first two being text cells. A: Organization type B: Organization name C: Organization $ The rows contain the information for each year and then within each year a row for each organization reporting that year. I'd like to create a report with: A List of all organizations by each type and not repeat the names. This would look like: Type 1: Company X Company Z Type 2: Company Y Type 3: Company M Compa...

"Changed by" Column is empty
Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 Hi, in my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty throughout all folders. When I change to my Team Mailbox, the "Changed by" column has the desired information. Even when I move a mail from the Team Mailbox to my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much. Christoph ...

shortcut ket to change formatting of text
hey, whats the shortcut key to change numbers to dates, and vice versa. cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! This may be the sort of thing you want: CTRL+SHIFT+# Apply the Date format with the day, month, and year. This is a quote from Excel Help ( use "Keyboard shortcuts" for th search) Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ctrl-1 will pop up the Format|cells dialog ctrl-~ (ctrl-tilde, aka ctrl-shift-backquote on my USA Keyboard) will format a cell as General ctrl-# (ctrl-shift-4) will format as d-mmm-yy Try searching excel's...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Changes to requested ship date in SOP should roll down to lines
When changing the requested ship date at the header on open SOP orders you should have the option to roll this change down to existing SOP lines. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Can't delete a personal folder
Hello. My problem is that I somehow ended up with an extra personal folder and I simply can't delete it. I've tried moving the .PST file and creating a different one. No luck. I've even uninstalled outlook 2000 three times to no avail. After I uninstalled it I looked in "My Documents and Settings" where Outlook and other applications leave data behind and I deleted everything that I found but that didn't work either. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 and there was my Personal Folder again! When I click on the properties and I try to close it it says "Ob...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...