Can Comments be automatically converted to text cell values?

I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert
the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells
that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in
Excel 2000?
0
tomdog61 (1)

Hi Tom,
You can use a User Defined Function to do that.

Cell Comments
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#mycomment

---
HTH,

"tomdog61" <tomdog61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06527A5B-1558-424A-B76A-311996DDA525@microsoft.com...
> I have a large number of cells with Comments. I'd like to basically convert
> the Comments to text values in cells (in a column right next to the cells
> that have the Comments). Is there a function or other tool for doing this in
> Excel 2000?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Inserting form values into a table

move cell contents

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

data input in text box

can't customize toolbar

Automatic incremental of records
I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record number 4 still remains serial number 4 although it is actually the third record. Is there a way it can be done automatically? njogus wrote: > I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 > .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like > record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record > number 4 still remains serial number ...

outputting values to a range from one formula
I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt. This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need is to push values into a variable addresses of cells. Can anyone help me on that?? Thanks. :confused -- Shafe ---------------------------------------------------------...

Converting XML > Dataset
Hi ! Here's my problem in english :-) I want to convert the mssecure.xml file from Microsoft into an dataset to store it in an SQL-Database. My code in VB looks like this : Dim ds As New DataSet Dim doc As New Xml.XmlDocument doc.Load("D:\mssecure.xml") Dim sReader As New StringReader(doc.InnerXml) ds.ReadXml(sReader) The problem is : At the ds.readxml(sreader) command i get an error which told me, that there is an problem whith a relationship in "ProductFamilies" I hope my english is good enough to explain... Please help ! Thanks !!! Christoph Duesmann C...

Calculating age in a label or text box on a form
Hello All, I have a text box for birthdate for a user to enter the birthdate and I want to the age for the user to be automatically calcuated and displayed in another label called "Age." What formula can I use? Missy ...

Convert date
How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany gary wrote: > How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a > Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > > For example: 09-13-2003 to 2003256 On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 10:24:57 -0700, "gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I convert a date in this format (mm-dd-yyyy) to a >Julian-date (i.e., YYYYDDD)? > >For exa...

Can anyone help ?

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...

Sum column values that contains text &/or dates
Column D3 thru D43 contain a mixture of values & dates. For example: D3 = 16,026.76 D4 = 11-18-05 D5 = blank D6 = 6,855.34 D7= 11-03-05 D8 = blank D9 = 5,270.00 D10 = 11-02-05 Need sum to equal 28,152.10 (total only values from entry or formulas) Thanks so much. mikeburg -- mikeburg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489114 If your dates are text strings which say "11-18-05"...