Can anyone tell me how to do a mail merge from Excel?

I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels.
Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand
how to do that.  Help!

BJS,

If you Google "Mail Merge from Excel to Word"

you will get lots of sites that will give you a step by step with screen
captures.

huber57

"BJS" wrote:

> I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels.
> Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand
> how to do that.  Help!
Saved from a previous post:

Lots of times, it's easier to use MSWord for printing and Excel (or some other
database application) as the source.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge.
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

And if you notice problems with the formatting of data (like zipcodes)...

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
   http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions here:

   http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/CustomizingWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

==========
I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"ddmmyy")
or
=text(a2,"mm:ss.0")
or
=text(a2,"00000")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore <vbg>.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:06:01 -0700, BJS <BJS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have loaded 388 entries and now cannot figure out how to print to labels.
>Some have told me I had to copy and export from Word, but I don't understand
>how to do that.  Help!

0
Gord

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Excel 2007

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Mail lMerge

can't customize toolbar