Can anyone help ?

I have created a holiday planner for staff with in are company

and i need a formula that gives us only 10% of the total number of staff are
off on holiday.

would be greatful if anyone could help.
0
John1063 (943)

Hello - If you have a total somewhere (I would suggest inserting a column on
your spreadsheet titled Total and then entering a "1" if the person is going
to be out, then total the column of "1"s by entering "=SUM(x:y)" where
x=first cell in the range, and y=last cell in the range), in a different
cell, enter "=.1*z" where z equals the total of people out of the office.

I hope that helps!
Angie

"John" wrote:

> I have created a holiday planner for staff with in are company
>
> and i need a formula that gives us only 10% of the total number of staff are
> off on holiday.
>
> would be greatful if anyone could help.
0
angtodd (3)

Can I get rid of browser address line
I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the browser address line at the top and make room for some buttons that actually have importance and are useful. Is it possible? Microsoft thinks that Most Users Prefer(tm) their screen cluttered with all of the useless stuff in Money and the useful stuff gets what's left. Sorry, short of reverting to M04, there's no known workaround. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567538B6-94E2-4EB6-A8C8-C25D07EF9B27@microsoft.com... >I have money 2005 S.B. I would like to get rid of the brows...

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

HELP!!!!!!!
Hello! I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help! Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows. - 1: Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only? - 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell? - 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of excel? - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see......

help
how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 A single card? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "notoes" <notoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09072BB4-4BB5-45E1-973A-32D0538D4999@microsoft.com... > how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 must have a big wallet to keep them in -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote i...

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

How can I remove the previous lock cells and keep the new ones.
Could you please help me?... I locked and protected the cells A1:H20 in the sheet 1 two months ago. However, yesterday I wanted to unlock and unprotect these cells and locked and protected the cells A21:H40 instead. However, for some reason the cells A1:H20 are still lock and protect. How can I remove the previous lock cells (A1:H20) and keep the new cells (A21`:H40) only. Thanks. Maperalia In EXCEL 2007 take the following actions to unlock cells A1 to H20:- 1. Home / Cells group / Format / Unprotect Sheet / enter the password to Unprotect Sheet / OK / highlight cells A1 t...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

I can't set up Outlook in Office 2007
Office Small Business 2007 came installed on my new computer. When I try to use Outlook, it starts to configure, and then I get a message that "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or..." It then takes me to a menu "Microsoft Exchange" with a General tab asking for Name of Server and then Mailbox Name. I have no idea what to enter. So I'm stuck. Furthermore, it's important that I synch with my BlackBerry but it has to be done through Outlook, and that's impossible this way. PLEASE HELP! -- A moderately expert us...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Bulk attachments

Little help, 5.5 to 2k3 migration problems (long)
Hi, First post here, so I apologise in advance if I get anything too wrong, or it's too long. I had Exch 5.5 running on a Win2k domain controller, 60 odd users, some public folders, some delegate access etc. I decided to migrate the system to a Win2003 / Exchange 2k3 server, following the deployment instaurations on the CD. *Note: on further investigation on the KB, it seems that I should have run the 5.5 DS/IS constancy checker before the migration to iron out any ACL/AD issues - this wasn't done. I have also discovered that my original ex5.5 site name contained invalid character...

Can't view HTML emails in Outlook 2002
I receive daily new articles from Cnet, up until the last few weeks they have been coming across in HTML format, recently they have changed to text format and are unreadable. Nothing has changed within Outlook or my system for that matter, but I am at a loss of what could be causing this issue, I have gone into the Outlook 2002 setting and can't find anything that could be causng this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...

Can I create custom theme fonts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a variety of office documents where the fonts that I use are not available in any of the theme fonts. I would like to be able to modify the standard fonts that are part of a theme the same way that I can modify the colors that are part of that theme. I've searched Help and the web to no avail, so I'm assuming this feature doesn't exist. ...

Can not copy a worksheet to another workbook
Hi, I am currently using Excel 2003, I have a 3.11mb file with about 20 worksheets, this file has been around much longer than I have. Every month I would copy 4 worksheets to another workbook. This month I am no longer able to do this, I right click the tab, and choose move or copy, and choose the workbook, and check create a copy, nothing will happen, it does not matter if I right click on the worksheet tab or use the Edit menu. It will let me move the worksheet, but it will not allow me to copy it. I got an error message on named ranges (saying they already exist) when I moved it...

simple can't find form question
I have a form with some simple code behind it which reads like this: with Forms![frmNextFixtureTypeOption] .[lblNextAlpha].Caption = strNextAlpha .[lblNextNumeric].Caption = strNextNumeric end with stDocName = "frmNextFixtureTypeOption" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria the second part (where I open the form) works fine, but the first (where I set the caption for 2 of the controls) does not - it returns an error "can't find form"... as always, many thanks in advance, mark O...

Excel data completely disappeared
Please can someone help me with a problem I am having. I created a spreadsheet with Excel and included a 'comments' column designed to appear with a mouseover. I saved the spreadsheet and tested it out, everything ok ... until I went to view it the next day and every single comment has disappeared !! Even the red triangles have completely disappeared ... this is really weird. Can anyone throw any light on this ? TIA, cool4cats -- cool4cats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cool4cats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Help with referencing multiple sheets in formulas
Greetings Xcellers I have a workbook with 32 sheets, The first sheet is a month summary and the other 31 sheets are for each day of the month. The sheets are names month,1,2,3..31 I need to copy information from the daily sheets to create a summary on the month sheet like follows A B 1 Day Turnover ..... 2 1 ='1'!E7 3 2 ='2'!E7 4 3 ... 5 5 ='5'!E7 Is there a way to substitute the sheet name from the column Day instead of manually having to enter each formula. There will be a number of columns and I have a number of similar workbooks to make. IE for B2 a formula l...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...

Need help with excel sorting/comparing funcations
HI all, the list I am working on consist of phone number, date, conversation start time, conversation end time. and there around 3476 records in one file and 2477 records in another... and they are not in the same format... so what I did was to sort out all the relative infomation in one file by its phone number, and did the same for the other one then I copy and pasted both lists in a new file.. and did the above comparesion.. nothing showed up or just gives me errors.. I am doing some analysis for our datebase records...... the sample I took out is only the small part.. the real f...

How can i change tab control 's background color
I create a class derived from CTabCtrl. If i handle the WM_PAINT message, there're nothing left on the control. Does it mean that I should draw all the things? And the WM_CTLCOLOR doesn't work,too. How can I change the background color simply? ...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...