Can anyone help ?

I have created a holiday planner for staff with in are company

and i need a formula that gives us only 10% of the total number of staff are
off on holiday.

would be greatful if anyone could help.
0
John1063 (943)

Hello - If you have a total somewhere (I would suggest inserting a column on
your spreadsheet titled Total and then entering a "1" if the person is going
to be out, then total the column of "1"s by entering "=SUM(x:y)" where
x=first cell in the range, and y=last cell in the range), in a different
cell, enter "=.1*z" where z equals the total of people out of the office.

I hope that helps!
Angie

"John" wrote:

> I have created a holiday planner for staff with in are company
>
> and i need a formula that gives us only 10% of the total number of staff are
> off on holiday.
>
> would be greatful if anyone could help.
0
angtodd (3)

timeclock report help
We use the timeclock report to print out total hours worked for any given two-week pay period. I am trying to modify the timeclock report by adding an additional column that will tell me whether the date on the report was in week 1 of the pay period, or week 2. I would like to return the string 'Week1' if the TimeIn value for that row is less than or equal to the FilterLoLim value + 7, but this does not work, i can't refer to this in my SQL formula. Any ideas?? Thank you, Kevin here is a simple select statement to demonstrate what i'm trying to accomplish: select cas...

How can i change this VBA project According to Indian Numeric
Sir/Madam I got a VBA project from MCServices, But problem is How i should modify this to display This Numeric Value like - 2551525.35 It should display in text = Twenty Five Lac Fifty One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Five Rs and Thirty Five Paise. I m sending Herewith my VBA project. Pls change necessary and help me. thanks Rao Ratan Singh Option Explicit 'Main Function Function SpellNumber(ByVal MyNumber) Dim Dollars, Cents, Temp Dim DecimalPlace, Count ReDim Place(9) As String Place(2) = " Thousand " Place(3) = " Million " Place(4) = &...

Xpath Newbie Mistake, Please Help!
This code throws an exception when it should just print "C$" to the screen. What is messed up in my xpath? Thanks. test.cs: using System; using System.Xml; using System.IO; class XmlReadSimple { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { XmlDocument xmlDocument = new XmlDocument(); xmlDocument.Load( Path.GetDirectoryName(System.Reflection.Assembly. GetExecutingAssembly().Location) + "\\test.xml" ); System.Xml.XmlNode xmlNode = xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode( "///[@path='c:\']/@name" ); Console.WriteLine(...

Can you use the old Lotus "/ commands" in Excel 2003?
In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? Look at Tools>Option>Transition -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "DAW" <DAW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5590E6E-DFE1-4A9A-8651-387B7F49D112@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do this in Excel 2003? > It's gone from xl2003. DAW wrote: > > In Excel 2000 you could use a demo mode to activate the old Lotus menu > commands. Can you do thi...

Help on displaying recession periods in a financial/ stock chart
Using excel version (10.6501.6626)sp3 How do you shade the chart background to show economic recession periods in a financial/ stock chart. I've fiddled with the drawing function-rectangle box, transparency, etc- but it isn't very satisfactory since it corrupts the column/ line colors and usually washes out when printed. So that doesn't appear to be the solution. And after checking thru Microsoft help and the discussion group messages I haven't found a message addressing my problem. Since we see charts all the time with the recession periods shown I know there is a way to acco...

Can I insert multiple scales on the Y axis of a single XY graph?
I am trying to plot three parameters on a single XY line chart. Is it possible io have three different scales charted to cover all the three parameters which are quite variable numerically? Using Excel 2000 No, you can only have a left and a right y-axis. Workaround: let's assume one series has very small numbers; have a column with these values multiplied by say 1000; plot this column and use a legend like "voltage x 1000" If one series is too large, have a column with the numbers divided; legend "Sales in $million) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people...

Need help removing characters in multiple cells
I have an excel 2007 sheet that has over 300 cells in a column that have a name of a store plus a number between paranethesis. Is there a one step way I can remove the paranethesis? Here is an example: K-Mart (ABC#73846365) and I want to have just the following K-Mart Each cell has a different store name and set of numbers within the paranethesis. Thanks Select the range to fix. Edit|replace what: _(* (spacebar, open paren, asterisk) with: (leave blank) replace all It looked like you'd want to remove the space character after the t in k-mart. "<----- Mardm...

Help Understanding Microsoft Server Products
Hi all We are looking to upgrade servers (currently running WinServer 2003) - new hardware and software. The Essential Business Server Premium pack appears to be ideal in terms of the software and package offered. BUT it appears that there will not be a version of this supporting Exchange 2010 for some months. This means we put a significant investment into 3 year old software, rather than catching the up-to-date flavour. So what's the difference between buying the EBS package and buying individual software applications separately? Also, is there additional software i...

Does anyone have a formula to calculate the car lease payments
Hi, I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance The PMT function may help you out. Look at Excels help for details regarding its arguments and use. "Captain Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly > repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance see if this helps http://tinyurl.com/dxnq4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Captain Jack" <Captain Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Mail Security
I am running Exchange 5.5 on Windows advanced server2K. From my Exchange server, logged in as Administrator, you can do the following: start->settings->control panel->mail....then change the mailbox user to anyone in the company......open MS Outlook and read their email... Is there a way I can prevent this from happening (even if only for my own mailbox) Thank you! If Administrator has the role of Service Account Admin on the site object, then this can happen. You wouldn't be the first person who used this account as the service account. You could change the service ac...

help with range lookup and date criteria
Hello, I have a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-cal through a number of days. My argument is: if the date value of B1 an C1 is within the current date, then repeat the value of A1 -- James Spaldin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- James Spalding's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39088 hi, James ! > ... a list of doctors (column A) that are each on-call through a number of days. > ... argument is: if the date value ...

Help with complex query 05-09-07
Hi all, I've got a query that I'm not sure how to develop. My tables: Quotes - QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer QuoteItems - RecordID, QuoteNo, PartNo, Lifecycle, Value There's a one-to-many relationship between Quotes and QuoteItems, i.e. one quote can have many items. I need to run a query to show a list of quotes with totals from the QuoteItems table i.e. QuoteNo, RaisedBy, Customer, List of PartNos, List of Lifecycles, TotalValue I haven't got a clue how to start this, I know it needs to be nested queries, but the listing of parts and lifecycles is particularly stumpin...

Can I make a table flow like a text box story?
Does anyone know of a way to allow a table to act similar text block story. I would like to snake a long data table into two columns over several pages. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, This is not at all possible. A Table will not move across pages. -- Thanks -- It would be a great feature -- but I couldn't find a way to do it either. BTW -- neither PM or Quark allow this either. >-----Original Message----- >This is not at all possible. > >A Table will not move across pages. > >-- > > >. > You can create a work around for this problem by...

Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?
I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been removing them from their news server. Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere? If so, I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to manage the browser-based forums. But if that's the only thing available, I'd gladly use them. Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer gro...

Help with Date/Time Function
I am working with date/time functions trying to figure out how many hours were spent doing a job. I have a start time and a finish time. But I need to subtract out any time between five pm and six am and weekends from the times. These would be times that no one was actually working on the job. For example I have 4/5/2005 18:23 4/6/2005 17:04 Could someone give me a clue as to how this might be done? Thanks, Steve Monczka smonczka@hotmail.com It's not a trivial thing, here's an example http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm or here http://tinyurl.com/cbphn -- R...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

Money 2002 opens very slowly! Started few days ago!!! HELP
Hi to all, I have problem with Money2002. It is full with data from last year and until few days ago everything was ok. In average it would took about 3-5sec for MsMoney to open all the data, but since yesterday I need to wait app 10- 15sec for MsMoney to open. I tried everything but no luck. Anybody have a clue what this could be. Thanks in advance Is 15 seconds really that long to wait? What other programs and data have you installes/saved in the last year. Is your drives getting full? In microsoft.public.money, John wrote: > >I have problem with Money2002. It is full with...

the new excel help is horrible!!!! (way to go, limiting comments)
how do I get the previoulsy found HELP to list the typical formulas, or use of special characters, like the & symble in excel. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=102753c7-0f12-402b-9da0-3...

help with CRM1.2 deployment
Hi, I installed MS CRM1.2 on a Windows 2003 server. The sample database (Adventure Cycles Work) and license key provided used; CRM server added to the Pre-Windows 2000 compatible access group; installed and accessed as domain administrator. When I access the web application at the server with localhost or server name, it works just fine. However, when I try to access it through client machines in the same domain, IE will simplely crash/disappear after I input my user name and password. Someone please help me... Thanks in advance! -duoduo It is due to the fact that MBS CRM uses pop-up wi...

OnNewWindow2 message help.
Hi there, I have the following code: void CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg::OnNewWindow2(LPDISPATCH* ppDisp, BOOL* Cancel) { // create new instance of iespy LPDISPATCH tmpDisp; CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg* dlgPop = new CMFCIEEvtSpyDlg; // create form dlgPop->Create(IDD_MFCIEEVTSPY_DIALOG); // register as browser dlgPop->m_webBrowser.SetRegisterAsBrowser(true); tmpDisp = dlgPop->m_webBrowser.GetApplication(); dlgPop->m_webBrowser.UpdateWindow(); *ppDisp = tmpDisp; // dump data to the window. AddEventToList(WBListBox, "NewWindow2"); } which is kinda edited from the MSDN example of c...

Help with monitoring software
Hello, We have a several exchange 2003 servers running on windows 2003. I was asked to find a monitoring software that will allow us to monitor exchange server (services, uptime, connitivity, logs,database,...) and windows 2003 in very comprehensive way for under $5K. Can any one recommend a good product? By the way, we have MOM but it's handled by a different group so we need something else. Thanks On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:02:00 -0800, desert-mania <desertmania@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >We have a several exchange 2003 servers running on windows 2003...

Can I use 1 function in this case?
I have several control on my dialog. Each control has its message processing function. for example: ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonSub) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMul) Can I just use 1 function to process all messages? ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_ADD, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_SUB, OnBnClickedButtonMath) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_MUL, OnBnClickedButtonMath) If yes, how to decide which control send the message? Lookup ON_CONTROL_RANGE on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "ka...

unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID .. Please HELP
I get the following error when I try to access my email from the Messanger icon (Messanger knowes the number of unread emails). I have been experiencing the problem for several months and have been searching for a solution but have not been able to find one. I am able to login to my Windows Live Email via the web. I have deleted my account and reinstalled it and I have coppied all my email to a backup folder neither of these have worked. Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (Kellyr02) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. ...

Help with counting values that have different endings
Hi guys, i just joined SQLMONSTER and was wondering if you guys can help me with this problem... I have 10 columns and 8,000,000 rows which have stock ticker names and exchange tickers-like the following: [Column A] AQR.L GDY.LS NBAE.LS (blank) 0023CA.S FOR.L AQR.KZ ... ... How do I find the number of unique ticker names in my database and disregard the .L, .LS, .S, .L, .KZ endings (because I am looking for the unique tickers, not the exchange). I.E., I want the values counted to be only AQR, GDY, NBAE, 0023CA, FOR or 5 values (I don't want AQR to be counted twice becau...

How can I convert 2003 Word document into 2003 PowerPoint?
I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. Is it possible to convert the whole think into PowerPoint slides? I've tried, but all that shows is one slide with a heading and not each page. Thanks for any help! -- mae If your Word file is in Outline form, then when you import it into PP, it's supposed to make slides according to the heading levels (though I've never tried it). On May 18, 4:56=A0pm, mae <m...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a Word document that contains text, text boxes & drawing objects. = =...