Can a SUMPRODUCT array formula be used across multiple worksheets?

Hi -

I have a workbook with 32 worksheets (Summary and 1-31) ... all sheets
are formatted the same way, with names in column A and then data-
values in B:L.  The list of names on the Summary Sheet is all-
inclusive; however, these names may or may not appear on sheets 1-31.

Of course, the Summary should add up the values (per name) on sheets
1-31, and handle the fact that a) the name may not exist on a specific
sheet, and b) that the value on the sheet may be an error (#N/A).

Here's what I have so far, which doesn't work:
=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(VLOOKUP($A28,'1:31'!$A$27:$L$395,3,FALSE)),
0,VLOOKUP($A28,'1:31'!$A$27:$L$395,3,FALSE)))

How can this formula be modified to sum appropriately?  or, is there
another formula that would work better?

TIA<
ray
0
Ray

Count If Formula #4

New to excel

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Formula for Game Spreadsheet
I am currenly playing a game of Ars Magica. I am using a spreadsheet to compute the info for my character. I am having a probllem with the casting total for spells related to a paticular character. The Formula is as follows : =IF(H13="","--",IF(J13="",INDIRECT(H13),MIN(INDIRECT(H13),INDIRECT(LEFT(J13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(J13,2))))+IF(K13="",INDIRECT(I13),MIN(INDIRECT(I13),INDIRECT(LEFT(K13,2)),INDIRECT(RIGHT(K13,2))))+Sta+IF(N13="",0,$H$2)) I am trying to compute the casting total for the spells castable by this character. The total for the ...

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

using the journal on outlook

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Formula for cross tab data filling

formula or VBA
I need to search through a column checking condtions. If the conditions are met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it into a different cell. Basically, I want to search column A and, if the conditions are met, put the value in B into C. Would this be easier via formula or code? And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you don't mind. -- Thanks, Jim in a formula in col b =if(cond,a1,"") using vba for each c in range("a1:a100") if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c next -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

Formula to return non-zero values in a list
I have a list of numbers in a column like so - 2 3 4 1 8 0 0 0 0 What formula would I create to always give me the a SUM of the las couple values before the zero value. The list always ends with a valu other than zero, so in this case, the '8' is the end of the list, and would like to SUM the 3 "last" values, those being 8, 1 and 4. As use this file, the zero values will automatically be updated with ne information, so I need a formula which would constantly reflect thi change -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't mind having an extra col...