calendar option to choose a date in excel

I am trying to create a spreadsheet that includes a column in which you need
to put a date.  Can you have a drop-down calendar to choose from instead of
typing the date?
0
Julie (122)

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to create a spreadsheet that includes a column in which you
need
> to put a date.  Can you have a drop-down calendar to choose from instead
of
> typing the date?

0
terre081 (3244)

Project 2007: weekend-only calendar?
As per the title, really! I have some tasks which only occur on weekends, and a 'weekend-only' team which will do them. It was simple to create a 'weekend only' calendar in Project 2003; is there a simple way of doing the same in 2007? Thanks Hi, Not as simple, but still: Tools Change Working time Select the resource Click Work Weeks Click details set Sat/Sun to "... specific working times", click enter before hitting OK Set Mo-Fri to "non working times" There you are. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valua...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

Making labels from Merge Mail in Word (2007) from Excel list
When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then following Word instructions to download the recipients from Excel onto the labels, I continue to get "Unrecognized format from Excel". Anyone have any ideas? -- Tracy From: "Tracy" <Tracy@discussions.microsoft.com> | When attempting to make labels by using Merge mail in Word (followed all | instructions in Excell on formating the list of recipietnts and then | following Word instructions to download the recipie...

Wrong(?) calculation result in Excel
While my calculator gives the correct result for 111,111,111 X 111,111,111 (12345678987654321, when I use Excel for the same calculation, the result I get is close, but not exact--12345678987654300. Can anyone help explain what's happening in Excel? Many Thanks, Jim Hi Go to Excel help and do a search for Specifications. In there you will see that Excel only calculates to 15 digits of precision. I'm sure others will post quoting the IEE specification that Excel works to. It's very interesting and well worth a read. -- Andy. "Jim" <jlclemen@ius.edu> wrote ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Option Buttons #9
I have a form that has option buttons for answering "Yes" "No" questions. About 45 sets. Everything works really well but this form may also need to be printed off and filled in by hand, (and then be entered later). Is there anyway to have all option buttons read false, as apposed to having one read true and the other read false for each set, so when it is printed everything is blank. (Not selected) As it is when printed one or the other has been selected and is therefore the dot is printed. Thanks for the help!! Mike Rogers First, I would think that since you&#...

Excel concatenate
Hi! I have been trying at this for a while and I am stumped. I am trying to make a list that will pair letters from a range of letters on multiple levels. Say for A,B,C,D the pairings should be AB,AC,AD,BC,BD,CD. Each letter is only used once. Then I need to do the same thing with paired results where the letters of each pair must always be different. In this example the only results should be AB-CD, AC-BD, AD-BC. The next level would be pairing the previous level but requires a minimum of 8 start letters to yield any result. This level should yield ABCD-EFGH, the next level should yield str...

Differences in various auto-fit options (2007)
Does anyone know why these two autofit mechanisms give different results? 1. Right-click in table | AutoFit | AutoFit to Contents. 2. Select entire table | Double-click right border. Right-clicking in a table brings up a list of options. One of them is Auto-Fit. Selecting Auto-Fit, brings up three options: AutoFit to Contents (AFTC) AutoFit to Window (AFTW) Fixed Column Width (FCW) AFTW makes the table as wide as possible. I am not sure how it decides how wide to make each column. AFTC doesn't seem to work all the time. I have a table with 18 columns on a le...

Tasks & Calendar is same view?
Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the calendar. Help. Thanks. Joe wrote: > Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the > same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar > view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can > drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the > calendar. Help. Thanks. In Outlook 2003 atleast you can open two windows at one time - in ...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

Autoformat dates and times
Hi, I have a workbook with two columns. In the formula bar of one of the cells i have 2005040101700 (YearMonthDateHoursMinutes), but what shows in the cell is 2.00504E+11 When I try to format the cell as yyyymmddhhmm I get ########### and when I put the cursor over the cell with ############### it says that negative dates and times are shown this way. How can I make this work? Thanks. Allison Allison, I'm hoping that your actual value is different: 2005040101700 doesn't make sense: year 2005 month 04 day 01 hour 01 minutes 70 seconds 0 Perhaps it's really 200504010...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

can't receive calendar invites properly
A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar items. When I receive them at home on outlook 2000, they do not come in as calendar items. They appear more like a text message. Is there some kind of setting I need to change in order to accept their calendar items and have them go onto my calendar at home? They are using outlook 2000 and they run exchange 2003. I'm on outlook 2000 at home. No exchange server. jgross@quonix.net <jgross@quonix.net> wrote: > A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar > items. When I receive them at ho...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

report date range
I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME. The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text box with the logic of: ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & " and &...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Are there any significant differences in Excel 2003 from Excel 20.
I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? Not really. You can read a review by MVP John Walkenbach on his website: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will >be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? >. > ...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

How to create a Sub validation list in excel?
How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a cell from another validation list, for eg I choose the make of a car from a list then the list next to that changes to the models of that particular make of car, is this possible and if so please could you enlighten me See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC9D8ED-243C-4376-9C9D-4F1F65AFACBD@microsoft.com... > How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a ce...

Date calculation question
I have a submission date (reg date field) & an expected due date (using Workday to calculate 3 workdays from submission date, minus holidays). I would like to change the due date so if the document is submitted after 3:00pm, an extra day is added. How would I do this? Thanks, JoAnn If you include the time in the submission date, one way: A1: 27 February 2008 3:30 pm B1: =WORKDAY(A1,3+(MOD(A1,1)>15/24), holidays) assuming no holidays, this will return 4 March 2008 another, simpler, way: B1: =WORKDAY(A1+8.99999/24,3) In article <C26E5809-869A-4732-A977-CD...