Calendar/Dates Help

Hi All,

I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a
particular code in the next cell.

IE:
Monday	3/01/2005	11M	22M	32M
Tuesday	4/01/2005	11T	22T	32T
Wednes     5/01/2005	11W	22W	32W
Thursday	6/01/2005	11H	22H	32H
Friday	7/01/2005	11F	22F	32F
Saturday	8/01/2005	11S	22S	32S
Sunday	9/01/2005	11N	22N	32N
Monday    10/01/2005	11M	21M	33M
Tuesday   11/01/2005	11T	21T	33T
Wednes   12/01/2005	11W	21W	33W
Thursday  13/01/2005 11H	21H	33H
Friday      14/01/2005	11F	21F	33F

What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the
dates listed for the rest of the year in a seperate sheet.

Also, (now I know I'm asking too much :0) but would it be possible to have a
pre-designed calendar set up, and the dates get automatically
highlighted/shaded with the dates listed from the search???

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat

0
Nat (15)

One interp and play ..
(Link to a sample file provided below)

Assume source data is in Sheet1, cols A to E, from row1 down

In Sheet2
----
Cell A1 is reserved for input of the code, e.g.: 33T, 32M, 22N, 11H, etc
Input a code in A1: 33T

Put in B2:
=IF(A1="","",IF(LEFT(A1,1)+0=3,INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$E:$E,0)),IF
(LEFT(A1,1)+0=2,INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$D:$D,0)),IF(LEFT(A1,1)+0=1
,INDEX(Sheet1!B:B,MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$C:$C,0)),""))))

Format B2 as date

With B2 selected, click inside the namebox* and type: StartDate
*box with the droparrow just to the left of the equal sign / formula bar
This names cell B2 as StartDate, which will be used in the CF formula we're
setting up in Sheet1

Put in B3: =IF(B2="","",B2+1)
Copy B3 down as far as required, say to B368 ?

Put in A2: =TEXT(B2,"dddd")
Copy A2 down to A368

Sheet2 will return the desired results in A2:B368
depending on the code input in A1

In Sheet1
----
To set up the conditional formatting (CF)

Select cols A to E

Click Format > Conditional Formatting
Under Condition 1:
Formula is: =AND($B1>=StartDate,$B1<>"")
Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light green? > OK
Click OK at the main dialog

This will colour all the rows in Sheet1 with dates in col B >= StartDate

Here'a link to a sample file with the implementation:
http://www.savefile.com/files/7021116
File: Calendar_Dates_Help_Nat_misc.xls
--
Rgds
Max
"Nat" <Nat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a
> particular code in the next cell.
>
> IE:
> Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M
> Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T
> Wednes     5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W
> Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H
> Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F
> Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S
> Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N
> Monday    10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M
> Tuesday   11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T
> Wednes   12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W
> Thursday  13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H
> Friday      14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F
>
> What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the
> dates listed for the rest of the year in a seperate sheet.
>
> Also, (now I know I'm asking too much :0) but would it be possible to have
> pre-designed calendar set up, and the dates get automatically
> highlighted/shaded with the dates listed from the search???
>
> THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Nat

0
demechanik (4694)
8/9/2005 11:24:30 AM
Wow, Max this is so great and I see you've put so much effort into this,
thank you so much!!  I just have 2 little questions :0)

1)  My source data in Sheet 1 is Column A-L, how do I amend the formula to
include these extra colums.

2)  When I input the code ie. 33T it shows the first date that has that
code, but then it lists every single date after that, rather than only the
dates that show the code 33T?

Thank you so much!!

Nat

"Max" wrote:

> [...]
> > particular code in the next cell.
> >
> > IE:
> > Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M
> > Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T
> > Wednes     5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W
> > Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H
> > Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F
> > Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S
> > Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N
> > Monday    10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M
> > Tuesday   11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T
> > Wednes   12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W
> > Thursday  13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H
> > Friday      14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F
> >
> > What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the
> > dates listed for the rest of the year in a seperate sheet.
> >
> > Also, (now I know I'm asking too much :0) but would it be possible to have
> > pre-designed calendar set up, and the dates get automatically
> > highlighted/shaded with the dates listed from the search???

0
Nat (15)
8/10/2005 1:56:03 AM
Thanks for the clarifications!  Seems my interp on your orig. post was quite
way-off <g>.  Discard the previous attempt, let's try it all over again.

The revised construct below should do it now
(Link to revised sample file below)

In Sheet1
----
Source data is in cols A to L, with the codes in cols C to L

Using an empty col to the right, col M

Put in M1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet2!$A$1,C1:L1,0)),ROW(),"")

Copy M1 down to say M50,
to cover the max expected source data range

To set up the conditional formatting (CF):
----------------
Select cols A to L

Click Format > Conditional Formatting

Under Condition 1:
Formula is: =$M1<>""
Click Format button > Patterns tab > Light green? > OK
Click OK at the main dialog

This will colour all the rows in Sheet1 which have been "auto-filtered" into
Sheet2

In Sheet2
---------
Cell A1 is reserved for input of the code, e.g.: 33T, 32M, 22N, 11H, etc.
Input a code in A1, say: 33T

Put in A2:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(Sheet1!$M:$M,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(SMA
LL(Sheet1!$M:$M,ROWS($A$1:A1)),Sheet1!$M:$M,0)))

Copy A2 across to L2, fill down to L51
(cover the same range size as done in col M in Sheet1)

Format col B as dates

Sheet2 will auto-return the desired results from Sheet1
depending on the code input in A1

For a cleaner look in Sheet2,
suppress the display of extraneous zeros via clicking:
Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck Zero values > OK

Link to revised sample file for the above construct:
http://www.savefile.com/files/6175722
File: Calendar_Dates_Help_Nat2_misc.xls
--
Rgds
Max
> Wow, Max this is so great and I see you've put so much effort into this,
> thank you so much!!  I just have 2 little questions :0)
>
> 1)  My source data in Sheet 1 is Column A-L, how do I amend the formula to

> include these extra colums.
>
> 2)  When I input the code ie. 33T it shows the first date that has that
> code, but then it lists every single date after that, rather than only the
> dates that show the code 33T?
>
> Thank you so much!!
>
> Nat

0
demechanik (4694)
8/10/2005 3:37:56 AM
YOU'RE A LEGEND!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! PERFECT!!!

Nat

0
Nat (15)
8/10/2005 6:16:06 AM
Glad to hear it worked !
Thanks for the feedback ..
--
Rgds
Max
> YOU'RE A LEGEND!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! PERFECT!!!
>
> Nat

0
demechanik (4694)

Macro help #12
Hi, I am working on a macro in Excel 2003 Pro, and everytime I go to sort a column of data. There are about 10 rows of data in about 200+ columns. I can only get the macro to sort the column that I edited it with. How can I create the macro, so each time I click on the first row of each column, click the macro button I will assign to the toolbar, then that row will be sorted, and do this for each column? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, Jeff Garrett (user_jeff@hotmail.com) Hi Jeff please post your current code and then we can suggest changes to it. Cheers JulieD "...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

HELP!!! 08-30-03
please elp me. my mom is a medical transcriber and she has a dictionary she uses through windows 98. and her comp has no memory, so we need to update her operating system inoder to put more memory on there. she needs her dictionary and i was wandering how to access it and if possible how to save it on to a cd. thank you for ur time Dear jason you have to have a dictornary corect i have one i could email you if you like just email me back i mean i use this dictornary really well and it works for 95-Xp so if you want give me a hollar ok peace out danny "jason" <jasonr_206@hotm...

help with installation isue
Hope this is correct NG When I try to run `Karens replicator` (for external backup) My PC automatically runs an installation for publisher 2003 and then gives error message........... Istallation error require file SKU019.CAB then asks for original CD to be inserted. Publisher still works ok I can`t see what the relationship between the 2 are, how do I stop this trying to install? thanks -- Rent a villa in Turkey http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/ I would suggest aksing the folks over at karenware.com. http://www.karenware.com/powertools/troubl...

How do I send my Outlook calendar to my desktop?
I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any instructions to accomplish this task. Post link to said info? Dan wrote: > I would like to see my calendar created in Microsoft Outlook on my desktop. > I have found information that says it can be done but I cannot find any > instructions to accomplish this task. "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:855665E0-8B0B-4ABD-915A-A4EC509167F7@microsoft.com... >I would like to s...

getting added to other peoples meetings in shared calendar
I opened shared calendars in my group by choosing their name and then the email messages went out giving them access to my calendar and requesting to view theirs. Ever since, I have been copied in as a "required attendee" on all meetings for everyone. I get the calendar items on my calendar and emails requesting Accept or Decline in my inbox. When others view view thru their outlook, they do not see me as a required attendee? What am I doing wrong? are you adding them as delegates or just giving them permission to view the calendar (by right clicking on the calendar fold...

HR Help menu
The Help menu is not available in the Employee file screen. Also there is not at this time any french version help menu available with HR. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

How do I turn off the reminder bell on my calendar?
I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. Open them and change Reminder to "None". magoe99 wrote: > I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and > ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my > calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm - this will turn...

adding date/time picker to inputbox control
Hi all,is there a way to add a date/time picker control to inputbox?...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...

Help please #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6D1D3.B9AB1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control=20 Event ID: 8231 Date: 9/6/2006 Time: 4:39:10 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=3DSystem = Policies,CN=3DDOMAIN,CN=3DMicrosoft = Exchange,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3DDOMAIN,DC=3Dcom':'MAD.EXE'= ,...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks ...

Date & Time file was last saved
Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved? I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002? Here is an UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells: =DocProps("Last save time") Obviously, the file has to have been saved. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...

Add working hours to date field
We offer computer support based on a certain response time in hours. I want to have a date field, on the case form, to automatically set x WORKING hours ahead, usually 8 hours. The actually hour value will be pulled from a contract. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I shooting way too high? ...

date macro
HI! Thanks in advance for helping. I would like to run a macro on a user form to take the date of report and see if the date is on or past the 26th and send the report to the its designated worksheet. looped. example: IF the report is anywhere created from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month to go in to spreedsheet of that current month and continue on till project is finished. starting with the first day of contract to be awarded. the problem is i have to use thier form on excel. the thing is, the report will only have a "todays date" and the data to follow...

Caculating Columns Between Certain Dates
I have a spread sheet with for simplicity 4 columns Column 1 is a Date Column, Column 2 is a Company Name, Column 3 is a Payment amount X Column 4 is a Payment amount Y The amount due is the sum of X+Y between the relevant dates. The entries are in date order and the Company names random. The number of entries per company varies also. I want to be able to calculate the amount due for each company over a thee month period between certain varied dates. Questions 1. Is there a way to enter the dates to calculate between. 2. What is the best way to perform the calculations for each company?...

Post Exp Date in Master Rcd (row) from trans record
Hi, I'm using Access 2003 via Xp Office Pro. I'm working on a annual membership database. Each member has to renew each year if they want to stay a member. I want to keep a history of their membership. I have a membership table and will have a renewal table where I create a record / row each time a member renews. Key to both tables are automatic generated numbers. When I post the renewal transactions, I would like to change the expiration date that is on the master record. I realize that I would have the same data in both records, but for simplicity of the r...

Help needed please
I am running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2002 as the client connection. On a couple of machine it has not been possible to send mails. When mails are sent to this machine from the Internet, they are received but those sent from the internal exchange do not get delivered. When the user connect through Outlook Web Access, the mails are sitting there. I have tried to reinstall Outlook a number of times but all I get when I click Send/Receive mail from the exchange server is this error message: "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try ag...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

Advanced Filter help
Hi All I'm trying to filter a list using advanced filter. The problem i'm having is that i'm picking up records i do not want, even if i use the unique record check box. let me give you an example! My record i want to pick up is code: 009/04025, however it seems to give me all codes starting with 009/04025 eg 009/04025C, 009/04025CG, 009/04025SD etc. The only item i want filtered is 009/04025. Is there maybe a wildcard or something i should be using?? Thx Anthony Set up a criteria range, say X1:X2, where X1 houses the label heading the codes and X2 the formula: ="=009/...

sync calendar Outlook 2007 exchange 2010
Hi everbody, I have got the following problem. We have Clients with Outlook 2007 connected to an Exchange Server 2010 SP1. In case somebody give access to the calendar with the option "free & busy" the followig strange situation happen: Client a => can see the entries with Place an Reason Client b => has got no access to the calendar BUT when we sign on via OWA all entries with both users are correct. It shows all entries only "blocked", which is right. Has somebody an explanation for this strange thing ??? Thank you in advance for any help on this Michael ...