Calculation problem #3

I have a spreadsheet in which I am trying to calculate
seconds into minutes.  However, when I do so, it converts
incorrectly.
The example: I am trying to convert 162 seconds into
minutes.  I have tried 162/60, and CONVERT
(162,"sec","mn"), and each time I get a value of 2.7.
There is no such thing as 2.7 minutes.  It should be
returning 3.1 minutes.
Any suggestions?

Hi Steve
try
=TIME(0,0,162)
and format the result as time

Frank

Steve wrote:
> I have a spreadsheet in which I am trying to calculate
> seconds into minutes.  However, when I do so, it converts
> incorrectly.
> The example: I am trying to convert 162 seconds into
> minutes.  I have tried 162/60, and CONVERT
> (162,"sec","mn"), and each time I get a value of 2.7.
> There is no such thing as 2.7 minutes.  It should be
> returning 3.1 minutes.
> Any suggestions?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/11/2004 8:39:29 PM
I tried that, and get a result of 02:42.  It should be
03:10.  Am I doing something wrong?

0
anonymous (74722)
2/11/2004 8:49:43 PM
Hi
qas posted in your new thread:
162 seconds = 2 minutes and 42 seconds!
so 2:42 is correct. How did you calculate a value of 3:10 minutes?
Frank

> I tried that, and get a result of 02:42.  It should be
> 03:10.  Am I doing something wrong?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Subtotal not calculating fully
I have a simple function to subtotal a long column. The function is =SUBTOTAL(9,P7:P850) some of the cells in the column have values but don't add to th total. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Some of the values are most likely entered as Text. Coerce them to numbers by selecting an empty cell, copying it, selecting your numbers and choosing Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons. In article <marvontherim.17zcdw@excelforum-nospam.com>, marvontherim <<marvontherim.17zcdw@excelforum-nospam.com>>...

Copy & Paste #3
What's wrong with Excel in office XP? When I copy information from worksheet and try to paste them in a new worksheet, Excel will paste whole different text in the new worksheet? Simply the original text will disappear and something new is created in the new worksheet. Is there some options that I should put on/off which would make this problem disappear? I hope that someone can understand this english. thank you! This is not a known Excel 2002 problem and I think it has something to do with your local setup. Try starting Excel in "safe mode" (from Start->Run type &...

So, I guess I am in need of help with an "IF THEN" statement here... I have 18k records on a sheet. I am trying to 'auto-evaluate' the database - I don't want to send 10 catalogs to 1 address if there are 10 customers. I just want to send 2 for up to 5 customers, 3 for 5+... I don't want to waste that much paper (both capital, and physically, paper). I was hoping I could simply filter down the listings, not from 10 to 1, but from 10 to 3, and from 5 to 2... Does this make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks, ...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. I was having the same issue whe I tried to unzip the files. Check the file with the extension of “.z01”. When I downloaded this file it downloaded with an extension of “.z01.zip”. Once I removed the “.zip” the files extracted properly. Hope t...

Setting up outlook with 3 people.
How do I set up receiving mail with 3 users.(myself and 2 children) I don't want my mail to go to their outlook express. Please help. Nicole <Nicole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I set up receiving mail with 3 users.(myself and 2 children) I > don't want my mail to go to their outlook express. Please help. Do you all use distinct username/password credentials with your ISP? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Keys 3 Foot Dumbbell Hand Weight Storage Rack ST-DB3
Price:$79.00 Image: http://thediscountdatabase.info/image.php?id=B001K5H746 Best deal: http://thediscountdatabase.info/index.php?id=B001K5H746 Combining the best features with superior design and reliable performance, Keys Fitness delivers the best value in strength equipment available today. ...

problem with csv
HI When I have my regional settings at Canada (French) and I open a CSV file it does not See the commas as column separators So when you open your document it is all in one cell But if I set myself to English (Canada) it opens like it should at each comma it’s a new column Does any know how to fix this please help? Angelo Presumably you want to have the settings at Canada (French)? If you can't find a way to change the default list separator, then you could always use Data | Text-to-columns with comma as the separator and parse your file into columns that way. Hope this helps. ...

Data Entry Form and Subform problems
Hi, I have a form and subform that I am trying to use for data entry. However, it's not working out as planned. I have two tables: tblAccount [AccountID] (PK) [DefaultAddressID] ....more fields tblAddress [AccountID] (Combined PK) [AddressID] (Combined PK) .... more fields tblAccount holds Account records including the default address to be used in all transactions, although an account can have more than one address. tblAddress holds all the addresses for all accounts with a combined primary key of AccountID and AddressID. tblAccount.AccountID is an autonumber field. tblDefaultAddre...

after XP-SP2 problems with Outlook Web Access
After XP-SP2 Outlook Web Access reacts strange: If I trie to answer to an email the answer windows (form) hasn't any text field. I already added the Web-Site to trusted sites - but nothing changed. Any ideas? Resetted all the Internet Explorer options and Zone Settings, Cleared the Temporary Internet Files, etc already? If so state your version of OWA and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service...

Problem with public folders #2
I move mailbox and public folder from an old server (Win2K/Exchnage 2K) to new server (Win2K/Exchange 2K). I follow the instructions on the KB 307917, for public folder replication. Accindentally, I uninstal Exchange 2000 on the old server before to remove public folders replicas on the new exchange server. Outlook client can work on the public folders of new server, but I can not work with public folder (to remove public folders replicas) with Exchange System Manager (ESM). I Want to use folder proprierties to remove replica from old server. I can not see the public folder on the root publi...

IMAP reply
I am using Outlook 2003 with IMAP. Whenever I send a reply to an email that I have read (not bolded) Outlook changes that email to unread (and makes it bold). I've searched the 'Net but have yet to find anyone else describing this same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Steve ...

recover deleted account in CRM 3.0
I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to recover it? Hi, if you have deleted it as opposed to deactivated it - sorry to say - you will need to reenter the account and its details. Once you delete an account it will be flagged for deletion by the crm deletion service. If you deactivated it - just re-activate it. Regards Mike "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F112C299-077A-4C66-A656-88DE8C21F9C0@microsoft.com... >I have a user that deleted an entire account. What is the easiest way to > recover it? ...

excel based budgeting #3
what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting It enables you to export data to spreadsheets and import data from spreadsheets to budgets. You can find it on the Cards >> Financial menu under Budgets. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Max" wrote: > what is product id 1878 excel based budgeting ...

Outlook attachment problem #2
Dear All, I have a client who received an email from her client with attachments. At the end of the email a line written in Italic like the following: (See Attached file: 000_TG_Koh Chang.pdf)(See attached file:000_TGTrang.pdf) However, there is no way you can download, view, or save the attachments. The strange thing is when you forward the email. You will see the attachments show on under the subject line. When you double click it, you can see the attachments as usual. Why cannot see the attachment at the first time? Why it shows when forwarding? Many thanks Regards, Andrew Lau ...

CRM 3.0 VSS Backup issues
I have a Windows 2003 member server running Microsoft CRM 3.0 with Scribe for SQL sync. My backup (Veritas 10.0) started to fail last Thursday night when backing up the CRM server.Every night sice, the backup has failed and it has always been with the VSS service writers timing out. I downloaded a hotfix from Mircosoft that was supposed to address timeout issues but the backup failed after the hotfix patch. There has been no new software installed between the time the backup succeeded and the time it started failing. The only configuration since has been work to sync our accounting sql...

Need more Columns #3
I desperately need more than the standard 256 columns provided in a Excel Worksheet. Working in transpose and utilising the much highe number of rows available is not an option in this case. Many thanks Louca Gree -- LoucaGree ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LoucaGreen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1210 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26719 Hi this is not possible with excel, i believe quattro pro allows for more columns. Regards JulieD "LoucaGreen" &...

Altsoft Xml2PDF 3.0 Beta
Altsoft presents the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major new features of the new version include: - Significant refactoring and optimization which make the new version about 3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release; - The support for raster graphics and GDI output; - The support for MathML as an external graphics format; - The support for SVG as an output format; - The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; - Improved formatting of all currently supported formats (XSL-FO, SVG, WordML, XHT...

Money problems
My copy of "money" was upgraded to 2005 Delux edition in 2005. Las year I purchased the 2007 edition whioch stated that "data on previous editions would automatically be converted: but attempts then .and again now result in a message to the effect that it could not install data from pevious editions. Due to lack of capacity on my old computer I have purchase a new one and as I no longer have the 2005 installation disk I intended to add the old hard drive on the new machine. Unfortunately the New machine runs on "vista" and is incompatable with the XP system....

contacts w/wrong names problem
I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it. How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing" several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue. Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details others could understand. Include versions and precise steps t...

CRM 1.2 upgrade to CRM 3.0 Worst case scenario
I am trying to upgrade CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 in SBS 2003 but encountered problems: 1. We're having a hard time to resolve the problems mainly because of the CRM 1.2 being saved and in the CompanyWeb container/site. 2. The Default website is also being used by the Company's corporate website. 3. Can't set the Authentication to "Authentication,NTLM" even after following: 215383 How to configure IIS to support both Kerberos and NTLM authentication in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215383. It just doesn't seem to take effect even after IIS rese...

Problem with Office installation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed the trial version of office and then upgraded to the full version, downloading it online. It installs fine, but when I try to run any of the office programs, I get a message that says: "A problem has been detected with the Microsoft Office installation. Try running the Office Installer again to resolve the problem." I've reinstalled it at least 5 times now, and I still get the same message. I've uninstalled office and then installed it. I've restarted my computer. Nothing will make that ...

problems with outlook 2003 #2
When I open outlook2003 I get a bunch of errors. The reading pane give me the following error: "The item cannot be displayed in the Reading Pane. Open the item to read its contetents." When I open an email I get the following error: "Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again." I also received an error when it tried to open the reminders. It worked fine for a couple of days after installing it. Yesterday I had problems with it and rebooted and it worked fine afterward. Today I have rebooted and still have th...

Purchasing Invoice Entry Batch Posting Problem
I am using GP 9 with Service Pack 3 and am facing the above problem. The problem is that when we post Purchasing Batches of Purchasing Invoice Entry Origin, it stop at certain percentage (not same every time). After waiting for a long time when we close Progress window it neither gives any error nor sends the batch in Recovery and continue to show the batch in Purchasing Batches. We have done the following but no success. 1. Reconcile 2. Checklinks 3. Recreated SQL Process 4. Have tried suggestions in https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859917 i.e. Tri...

calculate dates
have serval date fields in my table that i need to perform calcualations to bring bring a certain # of items. Fields: RptDte Date filed closed always the last date of previous month--- 6/30 for this example EntryDte Date item was entered into system --could be multiple dates EffDte Date item was or will be effective.--could be multiple dates My first critera needs to be Any items with an EfftDte that is 2 months or prior from RptDte (6/30/2007) that was Entered (EntryDte Field) in May or June (m-1 or m-2) from current month. Second criteria would be Any items with an effdate that is 3 ...

problems with charts copied into Word 2000
using Excel 2000 SR1 & Word 2000 created a simple chart in excel, copied it, switched to word and did edit / paste special - link when the chart is viewed in word (and after i've resized it) the rhs of the chart is truncated (about 2cm - compared to how it looks in excel) - moving the legend etc didn't seem to make a difference i've not seen this problem before and couldn't find anything in google groups that helped (still can't cope with the new interface!). any ideas? Cheers JulieD ...