Calculation Problem 01-19-10

All though the formula is correct ( a simple math addition between 2 cells)
..There are a few of these cells in my 2003 XL Spread Sheet that consistently
makes a 1 cent error in the addition - that is, it's adds the cell less 1
cent (formatted in currency)
 How do I fix this?

Thanks

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"djm123" <djm123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All though the formula is correct ( a simple math addition between 2
> cells)
> .There are a few of these cells in my 2003 XL Spread Sheet that
> consistently
> makes a 1 cent error in the addition - that is, it's adds the cell less 1
> cent (formatted in currency)
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks

0
Niek
1/19/2010 8:37:32 PM
I expect that the two values being added result from formula and you are
getting round off errors.
You are seeing one thing (the cell is formatted to display 2 decimal places)
but the stored values are slightly different

A1 might display 1.54 but the value stored could be 1.544
B1 might display 2.72 but the value stored could be 2.723
You will expect the formula =A1+B1 to return 4.26 (1.54+2.72)
But Excel computes 1.544+2.723 to get 4.267 which it displays as 4.27 (a
penny out)

You could use =ROUND(A1,2)+ROUND(B1,2)
You could change your formula from =a_formula to =ROUND(a_formula,2)
You could specify your worksheet uses "precision as displayed" - many Excel
authors warn against.

Have a look at
http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"djm123" <djm123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All though the formula is correct ( a simple math addition between 2
> cells)
> .There are a few of these cells in my 2003 XL Spread Sheet that
> consistently
> makes a 1 cent error in the addition - that is, it's adds the cell less 1
> cent (formatted in currency)
> How do I fix this?
>
> Thanks

0
Bernard

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Forumla to calculate a percentage
I have a column of figures that I need to calculate that if the figure in column A is Transport costs to us is �100 and column B is the price sold to the customer is �25.00, i need the third column to work out < 72% Theoretical Transport Recovery in other words if the value in column B is <72% mark it red Like wise for fuel is the value in column B is <132% mark it red Try as I might I cannot get it to work it out any ideas Julie, This formula gives the correct percentage... =(B1-A1)/A1 Format the formula cell with this custom number format... 0%;[Red]-0% If you don'...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Hyperlinks #10
Is there a way in excel to turn off the hyperlink feature for an entire column of data? I have a column of email addresses, and I don't want any of them to be an active hyperlink. I can remove the hyperlink individually, but have not been able to find a way to do it for the entire column of data. Thanks! Candace A small macro will remove any existing hyperlinks. Sub Delete_HLinks() For Each cel In Selection cel.Hyperlinks.Delete Next cel End Sub To prevent future hyperlinks for the entire sheet go to Tools>Autocorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Un-select &q...

Calculating the 95% confidence inteval of a slope
As a low key user, I can calcualte the slope of a line from the x and y values, but I don't know how to determine how good the estimate is. Can someone help? -- Seeker 1) Using Analysis ToolPac Regression tool. See http://www.jeremymiles.co.uk/regressionbook/extras/appendix2/excel/ http://www.stat.wmich.edu/s216/book/node128.html 2) With LINEST and/or STEYX. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011119631033.aspx quote:The STEYX function calculates the standard error of a regression, a measure of the amount of error accrued in predicting a y for each given x. Th...

Printing problem in booklet format

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

problem opening up program/file

printing problems with memorized reports
We have recently been running into printing problems with our memorized reports. We will print preview a report and it will look fine on screen, then we will send to the printer, and the report print extremely small in the corner of the page. However if we go back in and re-print the report then it will print normal size on the page. We are not making any settings changes at all, and when it does this appears to just be at random. We are printing to an HP laserjet 4000 series printer that is on our network. We've used RMS with the same configuration for approx. 5 years now and ...

What if formulas and calculations
I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fields e.g. A1 = Y or N B1 = Y or N C1 = 32 D1 = a number E1 is for the result Required: If A1 = Y and B1 = Y then E1 = C1 * D1 else E1 = D1 All I can get is FALSE if either A1 or B1 is not Y but is both are Y then I get the correct result =IF(AND(A1="Y",B1="Y"),C1*D1,D1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "BJS" <BJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60CBD837-9F0A-4AB9-88CC-7493705AAA33@microsoft.com... >I need to create a calculation based upon a number of fie...