calculation help 04-20-10

I will try to explain this
I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A as a
filter
so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in other
cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6)
The data in A C D F G is entered maually

> In the data below I want to calculate the column C ,D, F ,G but filtered by
> Column A
> A                           C              D                               F              G
>
> 33369	04/06/10	2	10	04/06/10	2	3
> 33369	04/07/10	0	11	04/07/10	2	10
> 33369
> 23456
> 23456
> 789
>
> I have the total page on the same sheet   L6 to O6
> Cheers!!!

Try the Subtotal feature;
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/subtotal.htm

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I will try to explain this
> I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A as
> filter
> so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in other
> cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6)
> The data in A C D F G is entered maually
>

>> In the data below I want to calculate the column C ,D, F ,G but filtered
>> by
>> Column A
>> A                           C              D
>> F              G
>>
>> 33369 04/06/10 2 10 04/06/10 2 3
>> 33369 04/07/10 0 11 04/07/10 2 10
>> 33369
>> 23456
>> 23456
>> 789
>>
>> I have the total page on the same sheet   L6 to O6
>> Cheers!!!

0
ozgrid
4/20/2010 1:19:11 AM
I dont think I am explaining this right
In the total cells below I want the running total from Each column C, D, and
to keep updating as data is entered in C and D
A                    B        C              D
33369	03/30/10	2	5
33369	03/31/10	0	3
33369	04/03/10	2	3
33369	04/06/10	2	10
33369	04/07/10	0	11
 So the total cells will look like this and will update as data is entered
in C and D
L              M              N
33369	6	32
13969	0	0
39210	0	0
34287	0	0
33035	0	0

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

> Try the Subtotal feature;
> http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/subtotal.htm
>

> --
> Regards
> Dave Hawley
> www.ozgrid.com
> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I will try to explain this
> > I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A as
> > filter
> > so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in other
> > cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6)
> > The data in A C D F G is entered maually
> >

> >> In the data below I want to calculate the column C ,D, F ,G but filtered
> >> by
> >> Column A
> >> A                           C              D
> >> F              G
> >>
> >> 33369 04/06/10 2 10 04/06/10 2 3
> >> 33369 04/07/10 0 11 04/07/10 2 10
> >> 33369
> >> 23456
> >> 23456
> >> 789
> >>
> >> I have the total page on the same sheet   L6 to O6
> >> Cheers!!!

I would do a Sumif. M1 would be:
M1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$C$1:$C$5)
N1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$D$1:$D$5)

Adjust ranges to suit. Drag the formulas down the column.

Regards,
Fred

>I dont think I am explaining this right
> In the total cells below I want the running total from Each column C, D,
> and
> to keep updating as data is entered in C and D
> A                    B        C              D
> 33369 03/30/10 2 5
> 33369 03/31/10 0 3
> 33369 04/03/10 2 3
> 33369 04/06/10 2 10
> 33369 04/07/10 0 11
> So the total cells will look like this and will update as data is entered
> in C and D
> L              M              N
> 33369 6 32
> 13969 0 0
> 39210 0 0
> 34287 0 0
> 33035 0 0
>

> "ozgrid.com" wrote:
>
>> Try the Subtotal feature;
>> http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/subtotal.htm
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Dave Hawley
>> www.ozgrid.com
>> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I will try to explain this
>> > I want to have a running total for C D F and G and use the numbers in A
>> > as
>> > filter
>> > so if I filter the numbers = 33369 I want the totals of C D F G in
>> > other
>> > cells on the sheet (ie L6,M6,N6,O6)
>> > The data in A C D F G is entered maually

0
Fred
4/20/2010 3:44:08 AM
Thanks Fred,
I was having a hard time explaining this problem
Your solution was exactly what I needed
Thanks again
Cheers!!!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> I would do a Sumif. M1 would be:
> M1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$C$1:$C$5)
> N1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$D$1:$D$5)
>
> Adjust ranges to suit. Drag the formulas down the column.
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I dont think I am explaining this right
> > In the total cells below I want the running total from Each column C, D,
> > and
> > to keep updating as data is entered in C and D
> > A                    B        C              D
> > 33369 03/30/10 2 5
> > 33369 03/31/10 0 3
> > 33369 04/03/10 2 3
> > 33369 04/06/10 2 10
> > 33369 04/07/10 0 11
> > So the total cells will look like this and will update as data is entered
> > in C and D
> > L              M              N
> > 33369 6 32
> > 13969 0 0
> > 39210 0 0
> > 34287 0 0
> > 33035 0 0
> >

> > "ozgrid.com" wrote:
> >
> >> Try the Subtotal feature;
> >> http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/subtotal.htm
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Dave Hawley
> >> www.ozgrid.com
> >> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

Fred.

> Thanks Fred,
> I was having a hard time explaining this problem
> Your solution was exactly what I needed
> Thanks again
> Cheers!!!
>
> "Fred Smith" wrote:
>
>> I would do a Sumif. M1 would be:
>> M1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$C$1:$C$5)
>> N1: =sumif($A$1:$A$5,L1,$D$1:$D$5)
>>
>> Adjust ranges to suit. Drag the formulas down the column.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I dont think I am explaining this right
>> > In the total cells below I want the running total from Each column C,
>> > D,
>> > and
>> > to keep updating as data is entered in C and D
>> > A                    B        C              D
>> > 33369 03/30/10 2 5
>> > 33369 03/31/10 0 3
>> > 33369 04/03/10 2 3
>> > 33369 04/06/10 2 10
>> > 33369 04/07/10 0 11
>> > So the total cells will look like this and will update as data is
>> > entered
>> > in C and D
>> > L              M              N
>> > 33369 6 32
>> > 13969 0 0
>> > 39210 0 0
>> > 34287 0 0
>> > 33035 0 0

>> .

0
Fred

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Forumla to calculate a percentage
I have a column of figures that I need to calculate that if the figure in column A is Transport costs to us is �100 and column B is the price sold to the customer is �25.00, i need the third column to work out < 72% Theoretical Transport Recovery in other words if the value in column B is <72% mark it red Like wise for fuel is the value in column B is <132% mark it red Try as I might I cannot get it to work it out any ideas Julie, This formula gives the correct percentage... =(B1-A1)/A1 Format the formula cell with this custom number format... 0%;[Red]-0% If you don'...

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Calculating on alphabetic cell content

Excel Jululian 04-24-10
Good morning please help i have a lists of names and i want to separate each in a colum like You Light Up My Life197711 You Light Up My Life (in one colum "A") 1977 (in one colum "B") 1 (in one colum "C") 1 (in one colum "E") regards First many thanks on your reply the text are different in length regards "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote: > 'Data' > 'Text to Columns' > 'Next' > mark/un-mark the vertical separators as > shown in the picture > 'Finish' >...

Bank One Download is not working

Hyperlinks #10
Is there a way in excel to turn off the hyperlink feature for an entire column of data? I have a column of email addresses, and I don't want any of them to be an active hyperlink. I can remove the hyperlink individually, but have not been able to find a way to do it for the entire column of data. Thanks! Candace A small macro will remove any existing hyperlinks. Sub Delete_HLinks() For Each cel In Selection cel.Hyperlinks.Delete Next cel End Sub To prevent future hyperlinks for the entire sheet go to Tools>Autocorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Un-select &q...

Calculating the 95% confidence inteval of a slope
As a low key user, I can calcualte the slope of a line from the x and y values, but I don't know how to determine how good the estimate is. Can someone help? -- Seeker 1) Using Analysis ToolPac Regression tool. See http://www.jeremymiles.co.uk/regressionbook/extras/appendix2/excel/ http://www.stat.wmich.edu/s216/book/node128.html 2) With LINEST and/or STEYX. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011119631033.aspx quote:The STEYX function calculates the standard error of a regression, a measure of the amount of error accrued in predicting a y for each given x. Th...

help #2

problem opening up program/file

Credit Card Downloading HELP!
I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006. I download my 20 credit card transactions in QIF format. Money says it has 20 to review so I click that and they simply do not appear in the register! The the heck?!? I've tried quite a few things already to no avail. Deleted history and temp, deleted the statement and previous transactions/statements, repaired my money file a few times, tried to import in a different file but it just doesn't show up. Suggestions please...tia In microsoft.public.money, lucas.allen@gmail.com wrote: >I had 2005 and this worked ok but not on 2006....

Errror Help: character ' ', hexadecimal value 0x2 is illegal in xml documents
what does this error mean? how can i fix this? thanks, raj * raj wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >what does this error mean? how can i fix this? You have an octet 0x02 or perhaps a character reference &#x02; in the document. This is not allowed in XML 1.0; the latter is allowed in XML 1.1 but your version of the .NET framework probably does not support that, and most likely you have not declared this version either. In other words, your document includes random binary data and is there- fore not an XML document. You have to correct the document before you can successfully...

mail gateway help
we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? "=?Utf-8?B?RWRkaWU=?=" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:EF923D10-571B-42D0-85E3-D45CB9FC2A1C@microsoft.com: > we have barracuda for our mail firewall but you can send mail out > through it. Where do you normally point your exchange server to send > mail out? the internet router the pix firewall ? > What exactly is your question? What version of exchange are you us...