Calculating working days between dates.

I am currently creating a spreadsheet with incoming dates in column C
and outgoing dates in column D, in column E I would like to have
formula that would calculate the amount of working days that hav
passed between the two dates, does anyone know if this is possible? an
if so how it could be done?

Thanks

--
DKer
DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1308

You want to use the 'NETWORKDAYS' function in Excel.

So for example

A1

to have a
>formula that would calculate the amount of working days
that have
>passed between the two dates, does anyone know if this
is possible? and

---------------
>DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=13087
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/21/2004 8:54:24 AM

---------------
>DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=13087
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/21/2004 8:54:24 AM
Use 'NETWORKDAYS' function.

As an example

A1            B1            C1
01-Sep-04     21-Sep-04     =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1)
                            (gives result 15)

You can also account for federal holidays etc. Check out
the Excel help section <F1>

Alex

---------------
>DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=13087
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

HELP ---- Lost email at work
HELP. My main file at work has over 300000 in size. There are over 100 folders in this file ***_*******.pst, but when the file is imported into Outlook -- it is empty! All of my files are gone --- is there a way to fix this problem??? Ann What version of Outlook? What do you mean "import"? Why not just "open" it. Your use of this word suggests to me you are doing something which causes this data loss, or perhaps the data is really there but Outlook doesn't read it correctly. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Paladar` wrote: > HELP. ...

change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004
I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list. How do I do that? say the dates you have now are in col A in a new column, type =a1+365 and copy down then do a /copy/special/values on the new column so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A... then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right... "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57252856-7A95-4C46-8B96-10E4D127EAB9@microsof...

mouse shortcuts not working
I'm using XP office 2002. All of a sudden in excel only when I right click a cell or anything for that matter the normal drop down list that has all the shortcuts is no longer working. I must have a setting that is off and I can't figure it out. Now anywhere else within any other program this function works fine with no problems, so i must be in excel. Any ideas? Please help. thanks Ed, Press Alt plus F11 (Takes you to VBE) Press Ctrl plus g (Access to Immediate Window) Type in the following line Commandbars("Cell").Reset Press Enter and then press Alt plus ...

Why Calculated Charge on Shipping?
I have a store location POS which just started to automatically add $25.00 to Calculated Shipping Charge and Shipping Charge to every workorder and layaway. This happens after the order is tendered, with or without money. There is no carrier or service. I can find no setting to remove this default behavior. Any ideas? ...

how to calculate appreciation using excel 2000
also, what are the common shortcuts? ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ ...

Auto increment date in header
Hello, I want to create a document and in header to put the date like: Thursday, 31.12.2009 and on second page, in header to appear Friday, 01.01.2010 and on third page Saturday, 02.01.2010 and so on Have anybody an idea how to do it? Thank you! Hi Lucrix, To see how to do this and just about everything else you might want to do with dates in Word, check out my Word Date Calculation Tutorial, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=249902 or http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party In particular, look at the item titled 'Calculate a Date Se...

New users not working on Front End OWA
I'm running Windows Server 2003 SBS with SP2 as my Exchange Back End and Windows Server 2003 Standard with Exchange 2003 SP1 as my front-end server. I've created a new user but cannot get it to work properly on the OWA if I'm going through the Front End server. So for instance - if I go to http://backend/exchange, the OWA comes up normally. HOwever, if I go http://frontend/exchange the user logs in but I get 404 errors on both the left and main panes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386 Nue "Kelvin Kang" <...

Formular in multiple work sheets #2
Hi Julie Your methode seems to work the best, but is there a way of referencin all the sheets and cell from 1st to last work shet, the only way I ca see is to add each work sheet individually Thanks Stephe -- BRANDON9 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BRANDON99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26129 Hi Brandon, unfortunately, not that i know, as it's designed to deal with different sized ranges, however, once you selected the f...

How to Create a Discount Calculator based on volume
I am trying to create a cost calculator form, which will automatically calculate the discounted monthly price for a service based on the number of units. I want to have a single cell which will calculate the discount rate based on the number of units. The discounts are: if units =<50 price = 10 if units =>51 and <101 price = 9.75 if units =>101 and <201 price = 8.75 if units =>201 and <301 price = 8.00 if units =>301 and <401 price = 7.00 if units =>501 and <501 price = 6.00 if units =>501 price = 5.00 I have tried to create a module in VBA,...

Date problem #7
i am trying to do a matrix for some training we have to keep records o and I got all my columns and names , but I want to use a second shee to log what date this happens. I would like to use OK on sht 1 an enter date on sht 2 Does any one have any Ideas to make this work office 2000 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Pivot Table - Grouped Dates
Hi All, I have a grouped pivot by date. Works fine except for the format of the date doesn't allow sorting in the way that I need. The data has the dates in the format: 4/17/2006 14:21 After grouping in the pivot on that field by day (to remove the time portion) I get: 10-Apr Sorting the pivot gives: 10-Apr 10-Mar 11-Apr 12-Apr 13-Apr 13-Mar 14-Apr 14-Mar 15-Apr 15-Mar 16-Mar 17-Apr Rather than by year/month/day. I tried changing the field format in the pivot and it doesn't do anything at all to how the format in the pivot looks? I need the pivot data to sort as actual day...

Enter date into Formula
I want to have a date without using date function in another function, i.e., MATCH(01/02/2010,OFFSET(CC1stDate,1,0):OFFSET(CCDateCol,CCRowLast-1,0),1)+5 I use the #01/02/2010# in VBA. Is there a simular notation in EXCEL? -- Thanks, Don On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:40:01 -0800, DRA <DRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to have a date without using date function in another function, i.e., >MATCH(01/02/2010,OFFSET(CC1stDate,1,0):OFFSET(CCDateCol,CCRowLast-1,0),1)+5 > >I use the #01/02/2010# in VBA. Is there a simular notation in EXCEL? The DATE function ...

Entering a date that then gets changed to next weekday Thursday's date, say?
I don't want to make the current sheet I'm working on too complicated, so prefer not to go the macro route. Was hoping a formula would take care of this (?). If I enter a date via "^;", it would be so nice if the sheet knew to change the date to the following Thursday's date. i.e., when I type ^; into the currently empty date cell, it puts today's date of "2006.12.27.Wed" which I then stop to fix to nearest Thursday. Instead, it would be very helpful if a formula or something non-macro did that for me and changed it to the nearest Thursday's date, in...

Filling in a cell based on another cells date criteria
I want to populate a cell with the value of another cell..based on the following date criteria - My date cell is stored in (F5) and the cell I want to populate (D20) has a value stored in (C20) If the first of the month is a Mon-FRI then the cell (D20) gets populated on the date in the week which the first of the month falls on...example: if 8/1/08 were a wed the field (D20) would get populated with the value in cell (C20) UNLESS If the first of the month were a Sat..like 11/1/08... if the first of the month falls on a saturday on a sat...then the field (D20) would get populated with (C20&#...

Internet Explorer Stops Working
I was running Explorer 8 and about a week ago it developed a problem where after running for a while it would stop working. I would not be able to open any sites either by starting a new tab or restarting Explorer, it would just say Connecting and nothing would happen. I was able to get it to start working again by doing a System Restore. Ths is also strange because after the restore finished and everything appeared to work correctly I would get the message "an unspecified error occured during system restore". However, Explore would start working again (for a while)...

Windows Explorer stopped working 02-24-10
Hi I have recently bought an HP Pavillion with Vista home premium. Suddenly out of nowhere I have this infuriating problem of the "Windows Explorer not working" error message. It attempts to restart and reloads the whole desktop. It is persistent and loops back as soon as closed out, making the machine virtually unusable I have virus checked and spyware checked and restored from recovery drive D, and tried all the "Cures" on the forums (usually postings from 2007 or 2008 - no recent postings - am I the only one with the problem? ) I suppose I can get Vist...

Expiry date of the current version ?
I have been using Microsoft money for a since 2000. I am on version 2004/2005. I want to buy the latest version. I am not sure whether to buy now or wait for the next version ? if i buy the current version will i be able to download the transaction automatically ? I am surprised that a reputed company like Microsoft has no mention about this on their website. I would appreciate if you guys advice me on this. The newest version is Money Plus Deluxe and you can go to www.microsoft.com/money and you will find it there. "srn" wrote: > I have been using Microsoft money fo...

Calculating profit fields in PA01304?
I have a quick query, I hope you can help... I am currently writing an integration between our resource management software and GreatPlains ProjectAccounting... I am updating the time-phased data in the PA01304 table with data derived from our database, OK so far... The problem comes when I ripple through the calculated fields that are based on the PABQuantity or PAFQuantity fields that I have updated. I have the GPPA SDK installed and the documentation explains all the formulae for the calculations, but it fails to explain where the values used come from... For example When the Profi...

Outlook Rule not working
Hi Everyone A user came with the following query: They have created a rule with certain criterai and the action is to forward the message to an external email address (not on our GAL) The message runs and the message is put in the sent items which indicates that it has been sent but never arrives at its destination. I have set up the same scenario and the same happens. When I do a trace using ESM, I get get the following: SMTP Store Driver: Message submitted from Store SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queueing SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue SMTP: Message submitted ...

Add st and th to dates
Hi All, Is there a way in excel to format a date so that it automatically includes the "th" and "st". I.e. so 1/8/05 --> 1st August 2005? Ta Andi Hello- Excel provides no such date formatting, and trying to create a custom format like that would be impossible due to the variable 'st', 'rd', 'th', etc. & when each should be used. Perhaps it can be accomplished with VBA, but unless someone has it available & is willing to share, it would probably be more trouble to write than its worth... Unless you need to use the dates for cal...

Calculation
I don't fully understand how Excel's manual vs automatic setting works. We work with large formula-intensive spreadsheets, and NEVER want the setting to be automatic. What I have figured out is that if I crash, the setting resets to automatic. And, if I save a spreadsheet with Manual setting, it stays Manual next time I open it, unless Excel is already open with Calc = automatic. Is this right? But my key question: Is there any way to ensure that Excel remains calculation=manual at all times when a file is opened? If nothing else, can we add a piece of code to our template...

restore from backup wants password- doesn't work
I Have a Microsoft Money backup file (.mbf)which I saved on a disc while I wiped my hard drive. After I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2003 I tried to restore from backup file, and it asked for a password. My remembered password did not work, and neither did any of my other passwords. I had accomplished this before after setting my computer back to the factory condition about 2 years ago, and I don't remember it asking for a password then; in any case I had no problems with it then. It may have been Money 2006 that created this backup file - I think I'd upgraded from 2003 at some p...

Saving Calculation Fields Value
hi.. im having a hard time making a database system using only full access.. im not allowed to use any VBA codes.. now im having difficulty on calculation fields in a form.. it is said that calculation fields are not stored in a table.. my question is how can i get the value of that field if ever i have to create another form where i need its existing value.. it would be if easy i can find it in a table but like i said it only exist in the form. please help me with this.. thanks.... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/2007...

calculated fields in outlook 2003 email
Hi I am trying to make a automated email for holiday bookings at our property. Is there a way of calculating dates and using outlook custom fields within the email. I can not find it if there is. thanks Tim A regular email message can't do calculations and custom fields. An = Outlook custom form can, but it would not be an appropriate solution = except inside an organization, and it's not clear that's the scenario = you're working with. (For starters, only people using Outlook can = see/use Outlook custom forms.)=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configurin...

Save and Close not working correctly
Hi - We're finding a very strange and unnerving problem today. When using the save and close button the contacts in question at first seem to save and close. However - when we go back into CRM after closing out the information actually has not saved. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks - Maria Hi Maria. The fields that you're trying to save are read only? If so, I think these fields can take only one value, and so, even if you manually change their value, in the DB their value will remain the same. You can avoid this by disabling the read only option. Hope it helped, Bruno Pereira ...