Calculating Time/Days worked

Hope you will bare with me while I explain.
Once again I am working with a sheet, or series of sheets that hel
employees calculate their time for days and hours worked.
I decided against the protection button, as it was more of a proble
with employees unchecking it. So, I am left with one last functio
before it is complete.
Let me remind you wonderful people I am new to excel and this is m
first real project.

Ok, my last 'function' I would like is this...
Paydays are calculated from the 11th of each month to the 25th, the
again from the 26th of each month to 10th of the the next month. (
hope you can follow that.) Now, most employees do not work on Saturda
or Sunday, but a few do. Thus I opt'd to just have those that don'
delete the times in Sat and Sun to calculate it as a 0 hours.

Now, Since the days range as described above, some times we have 1
days in a pay period, some 11 and some 12.

I have a formula box that says work time is 80. Therefor the overtim
calculation, marks everything over 80 hours as over time.

However, in a work period that has 12 days or 11 day, this really isn'
overtime.

So i need  a formula that would add up the days, and account for eac
days as 8 hours worked. then display, anything over that as overtim
worked.

Is that an impossible formula or what?

It sounds way out of my reach, but I am willing to learn and reseach
and beg for help :)

Any suggestions?
Lilbpaw

You can get these time sheets at https://www.arizona-qt.com

If i get time I will add screen shot

I would like it to still how reg hours so people will be able to read
how many reg hours on in this pay period, then read how many over time
hours they have.

Thanks

Lilbpaw

---

Complex conditional summing
I'm trying to use an array formula SUM with nested IFs to accomplish some complex conditional sums. If I use "COUNT" as the outermost function I get a number that appears to be correctly counting the target cells. I've added a nested "IF(ISNUMBER(range))" to the count function and verified that it returns the same number as the function without it, so it would seem all the selected cells are, in fact, numbers. I've even calculated a separate array formula of =AND(ISNUMBER (range)) which returns TRUE, again to confirm all the cells in the range contain nu...

i want to print 70 work book and i dont want to open each n print

Outlook 2003 buttons greyed after a period of time
It seems that I have problem with Outlook 2003 and large amount of internal memory. Please read the messages below. I.ve posted these messages earlier in the newsgroups microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesyns and there they adviced me to post it in this group. Message 1 I recently updated my from Outlook 2002 to 2003. Now I only can sync when Outlook is not active. Activesync activates Outlook an it still keeps running as proces. When I start Outlook some buttons are greyed out. I have to kill Outlook proces with the taskmanager and restart outlook to activate the buttons. I've uninst...

Working with external quoting systems
We have CRM 3.0, which is only used for contact management since we have developed other applications in MS Access 2003 for developing quotes and working with files from other software packages. The Access system fetches the customer information the the CRM database and that's just about all. We plan to migrate to CRM 4.0 and would like to keep the functionality of our rather complex quoting system, but have it more fully integrated so we can use all the opportunity management features and sales automation and reporting features. My guess is that we should try to re-write the quote ...

Can OWA be used to access more than one mailbox at the same time?
Is it possible to access multiple mailboxes with a single log in. Like the way with Outlook it is possible to view multiple mailboxs at the same time. Not sure if it'd be the same time - but you can access another user's mailbox if you have permissions - using the complete URL to such a mailbox. For instance, server.domain.com/exchange/secondusername. You can't open both in the same OWA window like Outlook allows you to do by adding additional mailbox(es). -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ------------------------...

Canadian Payroll calculation by employee or department
Customers asked for the functionality to be able to calculate a payroll only for an employee or/and a department, instead of having always to calculate a complete batch (usefull when you enter adjustments for one employee for which you need to run again the payroll calvulation witout affecting all the other employees that are validated and correct, included in this batch). It would be really usefull. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

Long file load time @ 100% CPU
Hi All, I've got an .xls file (97 - 03) that has been worked on for a number of days now, suddenly it now takes minutes to load (it consists of two active sheets, total size is 2.55 Mb). It saves quickly enough, however even if I save it using another name, it takes minutes to load. I have attempted to load it using Excel 2007 with 'open & repair' but still have the delay. I'm using Win XP Pro, the file was created using Excel 2003. The problem occurs across machines. Once opened, it seems to behave OK. Any ideas on how I might fix this file ? Thanks. Neil Check...

Calculating differences in dates
I want to calculate the difference between todays date and dates in the future in days, hours and minutes eg Today 30/06/2005 10:37 Future date 03/07/2005 11:48 Difference 3 days 1 hour 11 minutes What formula should I use and how should the cells be formatted? Thanks for any help -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

eTimeSheets VS. Business Portal Time and Attendance
I've a client who is upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0. They use eTimeSheets extensively that ties into their Payroll system. We understand that eTimesheet is not supported anymore in 8.0 and need to go with Time and Attendance on Business Portal. Is there any documentaiton on this change? Anyone's done this before? Any help will be appreciated. ...

countif not working
vba excel 07 Want to count all strings that are two characters long in a range. Using countif(range, "??") but it doesn't work. The strings are numbers so I think that might be screwing it up. Tried countif(range,"<100") but that didn't work either. John Hi John Look at theese examples: Sub CountIt() 'Numbers only Set MyRange = Range("A1:A100") MyCount = WorksheetFunction.CountIf(MyRange, "<100") _ - WorksheetFunction.CountIf(MyRange, "<10") Debug.Print MyCount End Sub Sub CountIt2() 'N...

Weeks worked should be stored by check and not by transaction
Weeks worked is useless to us as is. The weeks-worked should be stored per check, not per pay transaction. If a person receives 3 paycodes in a check (for example: regular,holiday,vacation) they will be overstated times 3 because of weeks being attached to pay transactions. There is no single pay code that all employees receive each check, so putting weeks on a constant pay code is not an answer either. Also, where we answer the "weeks" question on the payroll build, the documentation says this applies to salaried people but not to hourly people. Why would anyone want weeks wo...

100%Free-Clik-Register-Earn 2000/day-TRUE
Dear friends, Are u interested to make Rs.2000 to Rs.5000/day. This is not a get rich quick scheme. This is a legal opportunity to make good money when you do it part time. This opportunity is proven way to make Rs. 2000-5000 a day. There are already 3,00,000 people around the world grabbed this opportunity, IT IS FREE TO REGISTER, REGISTER AND START EARNINGGGGGGGGGGG http://xcel-onlinesurveys.com?sid=1&rid=AF21399&aid=0 www.moneymakingmantra.blogspot.com with regards, ur true friend ...

Help Doesn't work Office XP Pro / Standard
Running XP Office Pro on XP Pro. Help windows for all office products does not work properly. Empty, gray dialog box pops up, no hyperlinks, no text. Any advice is welcome. (except "RELOAD OS", that's not advice, that's a nightmare) Have you tried running Detect and Repair from the Help menu of any of the Office products? Make sure you have your Office CD handy when you do this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "R T...

How do i format this time ?
Hi, i have a column with times in this format, i.e.: 433 10433 190433 which respectively mean the follwoing times: 00 h: 04 min: 33 s 01 h: 04 min: 33 s 19 h: 04 min: 33 s how can i set the cells so they show the time in the latter format ? I welcome any suggestions. Regards, Victor =3DLEFT(TEXT(A1,"000000"),2)& " hrs : " & MID(TEXT(A1,"000000"),3,2)&" Min : "&RIGHT(A1,2)&" S" On Nov 18, 5:37=A0pm, VICTOR <victor.hera...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > i have a column with t...

Calculating date/time
Hi all I need to ascertain when a given action needs to be completed by, by adding a SLA (service level agreement) to the current date and time. Note: - SLAs may be anything from 1 minute to 2 weeks - Weekends must be ignored (not included in calcs) - A work day is Monday to Friday 6.30AM to 7.00PM So, for example, if it's Friday 4PM and a SLA is 4 hours, the required completion time should be Monday 7.30AM. I've looked at Chip Pearson's site for date/time calculation, but my problem does not appear to be addressed. Any direction is much appreciated. Paul Martin Melbourne, Au...

But hyphenation DOES work!
I'm running Word from Office 2007 (with that darned 'Ribbon'!), but in the Compatibility Mode with a document created in much-more-friendly Word 2003. Within a few seconds after my document loads, I get a message saying that the auto-hyphenation feature isn't resident, and that I should run the installation program again. Well, it IS working just fine, thank you, automatically hyphenating my .doc as I work. Is this a concern or just a bug? This might be a sign that *part* of the text is formatted in a language that hasn't been installed. Select the whole ...

Custom error message code not working?
From http://www.databasedev.co.uk/custom-error-message.html I use: Private Sub Form_Error(DataErr As Integer, Response As Integer) 'If an error occurs because of missing data in a required field 'display our own custom error message Const conErrRequiredData = 3314 If DataErr = conErrRequiredData Then MsgBox ("Please ensure that you enter a First Name and Last Name") Response = acDataErrContinue Else 'Display a standard error message Response = acdatadisplay End If End Sub I tested it with the error code 3022 (double valu...

Loop all Sheets not working.
I have the following macro which I want executed for all worksheets within a book. I have tried it out and it only runs in the sheet that is selected, if I choose another sheet and run it, it runs. Can someone advise why it is not running against all sheets or what changes are required to make it run against all sheets? Sub Formatting() ‘The following hides columns A,C to E, G to M, and O to AL. ‘It then sets the column width for Columns B, F and N as well as the ‘row height for row 1. ‘Lastly, columns B, F and N are selected and formatting done to ‘ensure that they are not the Tex...

Workflow process not working
Hello, I am trying to configure MS_CRM and I have created an email rule so when a new case is created, it is suppose to email the customer automatically with a case number. However, it is not working as needed. If I go to the Action tab and apply rule, then it will send the email. How can I make this work so it does it when the email is created? In the workflow manager I created the following: When case is created if Case.Case Number not nukk then E-mail Template:New Case Auto Reply end if Any thoughts and advice is much appreciated ...

Copy paste in excel dont work properly.
Hi all I am facing very very wired probelm related to cell of excel sheet. Maximum character limt of cell is 32767. I have some text of 32767 characters. Whe i try to copy paste that text into excel sheet it is copying pnly 31767 caracters and not ending 100 characters. And if then i try to append ending 100 characters to string it is accepting those characters in that cell. But i don't know why at a tome of copy pasting it is not woring . Can someone help me why this is happening. Any help will be truely appreciated as this is very very important for me. Thanks in advance. ...

Money unable to calculate correct mortgage payment
Hello, I am new to microsoft money. I am trying to set up my mortgage payments in this program, but when I enter the data concerning my loan it never calculates it correctly. It is a new loan so I thought it would be easy since I am entering the data before I have made my first payment. Does anyone have any suggestions in how to correct this? Thanks If it is a car loan, interest accrues from the day you buy the car to your first payment. Add this to the balance financed and recalculate the loan. You should get close.. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >I am new to m...

Replying code not working
Hi I have the below code to reply to an email with a standard template. The problem is that it is not working on outlook xp which is connected to an exchange 2003. Basically nothing happens on these three lines; Set Item = objApp.CreateItemFromTemplate("f:\EspritStaff.oft") Item.To = objItem.SenderEmailAddress Item.Display (False) I have run this code on a standalone outlook 2003 and it works fine. What is wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Sub ReplySpecial() Dim objApp As Application Dim objSel As Selection Dim objItem As Object ...

favorite not working/not possible to add
If I click on favorite no action happens. this was working earlier. I am not able to add favorite. it displays catastrophic error. Thanks for help in advance. Hi, I replied to your first post- about 7 hours ago. Don [MS MVP- IE] "Abhay" <Abhay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB5E4B8C-48C3-4B70-89BA-ACA685F1D47F@microsoft.com... > If I click on favorite no action happens. this was working earlier. > I am not able to add favorite. it displays catastrophic error. > Thanks for help in advance. ...

when I changed the time scale on excel chart the lines on the lin.
When I changed the category axis to show just four digit years over a span of ten years the lines on the line graph disappeared. Can someone pleas help me Thanks ...

Pivot table- Calculated Field
Please assist I want to show the % difference for the last dates entered. item # 12/12/04 12/13/04 %Change item1 100 110 9.1% item2 24 35 It places this date in all the columns: 01/0/1900. Thanks Gwen If you format the cells as percentage, you may see the correct results. To format them, select the column with %Change Click the % button on the formatting toolbar. Gwen wrote: > I want to show the % difference for the last dates entered. > item # 12/12/04 12/13/04 %Change > ...