Calculating dates problem

Hello,

I use Excel 2000 and have a problem calculating the number of days between
two dates.

I insert both dates in separate cells, both cells containing the same date
format, and when I try using "Paste Function" -> "Date & Time" -> "DAYS360" I
get a windows in which I'm supposed to state the cell that defines the
starting date and the cell that defines the ending date.

The thing is, that when I click on said cells, the "number" word next to the
"Start_date", or the "End_date" changes to "#VALUE".

My Office 2000 has all of the recent updates installed. Where's the problem,
then?

Thanks,

-Dany

0
dany (4)

Hi
why not use
=A2-A1
and format as number

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
>
> I use Excel 2000 and have a problem calculating the number of days
between
> two dates.
>
> I insert both dates in separate cells, both cells containing the same
date
> format, and when I try using "Paste Function" -> "Date & Time" ->
"DAYS360" I
> get a windows in which I'm supposed to state the cell that defines
the
> starting date and the cell that defines the ending date.
>
> The thing is, that when I click on said cells, the "number" word next
to the
> "Start_date", or the "End_date" changes to "#VALUE".
>
> My Office 2000 has all of the recent updates installed. Where's the
problem,
> then?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dany

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/24/2004 10:58:48 AM
It didn't help...

I tried doing the reduction between the cells, but all I got was #VALUE.
I'm sure the problem is specificaly on this computer, since both your answer
and the "Paste Function" work perfectly fine on other computers.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> why not use
> =A2-A1
> and format as number
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hello,
> >
> > I use Excel 2000 and have a problem calculating the number of days
> between
> > two dates.
> >
> > I insert both dates in separate cells, both cells containing the same
> date
> > format, and when I try using "Paste Function" -> "Date & Time" ->
> "DAYS360" I
> > get a windows in which I'm supposed to state the cell that defines
> the
> > starting date and the cell that defines the ending date.
> >
> > The thing is, that when I click on said cells, the "number" word next
> to the
> > "Start_date", or the "End_date" changes to "#VALUE".
> >
> > My Office 2000 has all of the recent updates installed. Where's the
> problem,
> > then?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Dany

0
dany (4)
10/24/2004 1:59:01 PM
Hi Dany,

Just make sure that you are entering the date according to the system date
format. Select the ‘Regional and Language option’ (if you are using windows
XP, in 98 it is “Regional Settings”) from the control panel and check the
Short date format. If it is not in the same format which you are using in the
excel sheet (I mean “dd-mm-yy” or “mm-dd-yy”), change it.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Regards,

Premod

0
Premood (4)
10/24/2004 2:01:02 PM
Hi
then probably your values are not real date values but stored as
'Text'. What does the following formula return
=ISNUMBER(A1)

--

> It didn't help...
>
> I tried doing the reduction between the cells, but all I got was
#VALUE.
> I'm sure the problem is specificaly on this computer, since both your
answer
> and the "Paste Function" work perfectly fine on other computers.
>

> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > why not use
> > =A2-A1
> > and format as number
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I use Excel 2000 and have a problem calculating the number of
days
> > between
> > > two dates.
> > >
> > > I insert both dates in separate cells, both cells containing the
same
> > date
> > > format, and when I try using "Paste Function" -> "Date & Time" ->
> > "DAYS360" I
> > > get a windows in which I'm supposed to state the cell that
defines
> > the
> > > starting date and the cell that defines the ending date.
> > >
> > > The thing is, that when I click on said cells, the "number" word
next
> > to the
> > > "Start_date", or the "End_date" changes to "#VALUE".
> > >
> > > My Office 2000 has all of the recent updates installed. Where's
the
> > problem,
> > > then?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > -Dany

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/24/2004 2:03:24 PM
That was it!!!

Thanks a lot for the help! It worked like a charm. :-)

-Dany

"Premood" wrote:

> Hi Dany,
>
> Just make sure that you are entering the date according to the system date
> format. Select the ‘Regional and Language option’ (if you are using windows
> XP, in 98 it is “Regional Settings”) from the control panel and check the
> Short date format. If it is not in the same format which you are using in the
> excel sheet (I mean “dd-mm-yy” or “mm-dd-yy”), change it.
>
> I hope it will solve your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Premod

0
dany (4)

Load the DLL resource problem-help
Hi, I created a Dialog inside a MFC Shared Dll and from the application passed the Dialog ID from the application.But inside the CDialog::Create(nIDTemplate,ptrParentWnd) function i am getting the error.The error point is HRSRC hResource = ::FindResource(hInst, lpszResource, RT_DIALOG); inside the function called internally by CDIalog::Create which is BOOL AFXAPI _AfxCheckDialogTemplate(LPCTSTR lpszResource, BOOL bInvisibleChild). hResource is returning an error.Before calling the create function from application i am explictly told to use dll resource by using function AfxSetResourceHandle(:...

Problem with Running Sum Expression
Access 2000. This expression has worked well for a couple of years up untill now.(I received this from this newsgroup) The only thing I have done is change the format from number to text on the field [App_ID] of my table [Account]. The App_ID field used to be strickly numbers, now they are alphanumeric. This is when my running sum expression quit working. Can any one help? This expression is on my form "Accounts" Thanks, Randy =IIf([cboAppID] Is Null,"",DSum("[Debit]","[Account]","[App_ID] = " & [App_ID] & " AND [Date...

problems with? I don't know
Morning, I use a worksheet at work, which works out all scrap, customer returns and other stuff. The file has about 20 different tabs showing graphs and various tables linked together. There is one sheet which shows its months 'customer returns'. The footer on this page needed to be edited as is shows information from 2003. (We copied and renamed this to create this 2005 copy). I edited the header and footer with the information needed and pressed ok. This is the wierd part; I then looked at another tab within that document then went back to the tab where I edited the information, I ...

Problem with selecting units
In a row format, how do I report on the data in one of the entities that is included in a tree, but not any of the other entities (nor the consolidated data)? Do i use the "related rows/unit" column within the row format? Which unit do i point to..the parent or the child of the unit i want to report on? which row # do I point to? ...

Loan Calculator A Must Look!!! #3
Excellent resource on Loan calculation: http://cash-experts.com/LC.asp ...

Word Save Problem Since Snow Leopard Upgrade

Using calculated item to calculate running balances #2
I have a Pivot Table of a cash book showing monthly transactions per account as per example below. A B C D 1 Acc Jan Feb Total 2 100 1000 500 1500 3 200 200 300 500 4 Total 1200 800 2000 5 Running 1200 2000 I would like to add a row at the bottom showing a running balance. This is easy enough with a normal formula eg B5 = sum(B4,A5) and copied to the right. This row gets overwritten if the pivot table expands downwards. I would think adding a calculated item must work, but I do not know how. Can someone help? ...

Hello?! .NET Passport problem?
I've read some other posts about this problem, but I haven't seen the answer, and I thought that if anyone in the Microsoft Universe ever bothers to read the newsgroups, they will hopefully see a recurring problem. Money tells me that my .net sign-in was unsuccessful. It's been this way for a week now. I've tried to change my .net info. When I go to the .net website, the sign-in works. When I try to tell Money to update my .net info or change my .net info, it tells me that I need to enable my browser to do cookies. But I have told my browser to accept all cookie...

Combine two string, weird problem
hi, all, I just got a weird problem. I have a function like this in my cpp file, CString Combine(LPCTSTR lpstr1, LPCTSTR lpstr2) { CString str1 = ""; CString str2 = ""; if(NULL != lpstr1) str1 = lpstr1; if(NULL != lpstr2) str2 = lpstr2; return str1 + "\\" + str1; } CString strPath = Combine("c:", "1.txt"); it should return "c:\1.txt", but actually it only returned "C:", ? Strange? Oh, figure it out. the example has no problem. But the function in my code, the problem is before I combine them, I did ...

Outlook/Euro Symbol Problem
Hi, I have a strange problem and I cannot pin point when it started. I use Outlook 2007 and when I compose a new message I cannot type the euro symbol in the email body until I type another character first, a space for example. Sometimes I cannot type it at all but more times than not inserting a character first fixes it. As I said I cannot recall when the last time it worked okay as I don't use it that much. Anyone else come accross this before?? -- seeds33 Have you verified that your keyboard layout and language settings match with the keyboard that you have ...

Problem with a custom groupbox
Hello, I have build a custom groupbox control, derived from a CButton. I have used a MemDC to avoid flickering on resize but now the control isn't painted as it should, there is a black margin (background) especially in the corners where it should be rounded, a black border appears. Here is the code: // CustomGroupBox.cpp : implementation file // #include "stdafx.h" #include "CustomGroupBox.h" // CCustomGroupBox IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC(CCustomGroupBox, CButton) CCustomGroupBox::CCustomGroupBox() { m_strTitle = _T(""); m_clrBorder = ::GetSysColor(COLOR_3DSHA...

Problem with Calculated item in Pivot Table 01-26-10
I am using Calculated Item (Not a Calculated Field) in a Pivot table to calculate variance in Budget and Actual figures. Though this is working fine and I am getting the variance calculation properly. However the page filter is not showing proper results. Once I am using page fileter to see data for a particular geography, it keep on showing the claculated items for data which is not related to geography as per page filter. My file is available at the following link, I am not sure of the mistake I am making in this Pivot Table http://sites.google.com/a/yogeshguptaonline.com/reso...

Dynamics GP 9.0 Calculation of IRS maximum allowed 401K contributi
We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match" contributions. We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year. In the current set-up, and due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be combined for the two deductions. Is there a wa...

i HAVE REFLOW PROBLEMS
When I pull up a form that was created in Publisher 2002, I cannot get it to reflow correctly. Help Did you create the form? It could be a printer issue but without more information it's hard to say. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "STEPH" <STEPH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6D643E8-F63A-4915-AF52-F7B007B662A2@microsoft.com... > When I pull up a form that was created in Publisher 2002, I cannot get it > to > reflow correctly. Help --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.griso...

Cells won't calculate
For some reason, no cells will calculate unless I "F2, enter". 'Calculate' is always in the status bar at the bottom, no matter how many times I press F9, ShiftCtrlF9, or set the calculation setting to automatic. I have three sheets open, with combined size of around 9 Meg. Could it be the size that matters...? Cheers Will --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi do you have many formulas in your sheets. This could be one reason for not allowing automatic calculation anymore >-----Original Message----- >For some reason, no cells will calculate un...

2nd exact problem
I also cannot enter a new transaction- This transaction cannot be entered- I can edit and chg info on an existing transaction and enter the chg. I had to do a restore today from a ghost image, restored from a b/u file , and all works but this. Kinda strange !!!!! Steve ...

Date formula #7
I would like to have a calculation from a date I enter and data I download. I enter a date as follows 2/27/04 for a report each day. I download data with a 3/1/04, 4/1/04 for each month. I need to caluclate the date 90 180 and 240 days out. However while I do a new date each day (ex: 2/27/04, 2/28/04 3/01/04, 3/02/04...). The download data is always the first day of the month. So for February it needs to be 90 days from February 1, until March 1 then it is 90 days from that date until the next month and so on. Is there away for me to make a formula that takes out the 27 ...

Print preview problem... #5
Hi! I'm writting an MDI-project using MFC in a statically linked library. View class is derived from CListView. I've added printing functions and didn't edit them. The problem is that choosing menu Print Preview asserts the progam... When using MFC in a shared dll, program works perfectly. But I want it to work on another computers... How can I fix this problem? -- Tim. -- Tim. ...

Problems loading portfolio
I've been using http://moneycentral.msn.com to keep track of my portfolio for past couple of years. Over these years, I've built up a significant amount of transaction of my investments. As usual I started my portfolio, after a gap of couple of weeks. This time, instead of my portfolio being shown, I was greeted with a pop-up saying something like "reviewing transactions". And nothing happened. After a careful review, I found that numerous files each named with "my portfolioXX.mny" where XX is a sequentially increasing number starting with 1, were placed in my &qu...

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?
When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different date formats. You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart. A "Line" chart treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900, 2Jan1900, ... Jerry Racheb wrote: > When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the > correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different > date formats. If the dates were actuall...

Problem with account after installing Connector
I just installed Microsoft Outlook Connector for MSN and i can't access my accounts under Outlook 2003 : properties, check mail... When i try i have an error like "problem in registry or installation...". I tried to uninstall MSN Explorer, Microsoft Outlook Connector, Office 2003. But nothing work. Please help, i can't use Outlook 2003 now ! do a detect and repair and create a new profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines ...

Problems copying charts into PowerPoint
When copying excel charts into powerpoint as a picture (enhanced metafile) I lose the colours i.e. they appear in black and white when pasted into powerPoint. Did you copy them as a picture using appearance as printed? With a B&W printer installed? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "B&WCHARTS" <B&WCHARTS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEC58E1E-FD2A-4B10-AD9B-771C105A77FB@microsoft.com... > When copying excel charts into powerpoint as a picture (enhanced metafile) ...

Disable cmd button
I have a cmd button (filter button) that enables another button (print preview button). I then disable this print preview button after it is clicked by first setting the focus to another control and then disabling the button. That works fine. Private Sub cmdSpecialPreview_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPrintPreview", acViewPreview, , strWhere cmdFilterOff.SetFocus cmdSpecialPreview.Enabled = False End Sub The problem is that if the user clicks the first button (which enables the 2nd button) and then clicks somewhere else. This keeps the second button enabled. I trie...

Merged Sheet & List Problem (XL2007)
HI, I have just merged three worksheets in the the same workbook into 1 worksheet, the resulting worksheet will not allow me to use a 'Named Range' as a list in data validation. It lets me select the type in the 'Named Range' (=list) but will not show it as a dropdown in the new sheet. The old workbook with the separate worksheets works as expected. Anybody any ideas? -- Steve To be great is to be misunderstood. - Ralph Waldo Emerson Might be that =list is referring to a named range on a sheet that no longer exists if you deleted sheets after the merge. Try deleting...