calculating date/time #2

Hope someone is able to help.
This is to calculate the chargeable hours for a SAR boat in the water

Date In| Time In| Date Out| Time Out|Conversion Time| Total

Conversion time is value of ((DateOut+TimeOut)-(DateIn+TimeIn)*24) but
needs to be rounded up to the nearest 0.1 i.e. 0-6=.1, 7-12=.2,
13-18=.3 etc.  with a minimum chargeable time of 2 hours.

Have tried ROUNDUP and CEILING but obviously not the correct way!

Thanks
Rick

--
relaing
relaing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29355

I gather when you say "0-6=.1" you mean 0-6 *minutes*. And, I assume the boat
came in after it went out. If so, the following should work:

=min(roundup((datein+timein-dateout-timeout)*24,1),2)

--
Regards,
Fred

"relaing" <relaing.1zjs3y_1133753401.3006@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:relaing.1zjs3y_1133753401.3006@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hope someone is able to help.
> This is to calculate the chargeable hours for a SAR boat in the water
>
> Date In| Time In| Date Out| Time Out|Conversion Time| Total
>
> Conversion time is value of ((DateOut+TimeOut)-(DateIn+TimeIn)*24) but
> needs to be rounded up to the nearest 0.1 i.e. 0-6=.1, 7-12=.2,
> 13-18=.3 etc.  with a minimum chargeable time of 2 hours.
>
> Have tried ROUNDUP and CEILING but obviously not the correct way!
>
> Thanks
> Rick
>

> --
> relaing
> relaing's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29355
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490647

0
fredsmith99 (155)
12/5/2005 3:45:39 AM
Fred
Thanks for the reply. You are correct - 0-6 is the minutes and th
TimeIn DateIn is when the boat went in the water and TimeOut DateOut i
when it came out of the water.
I entered your formula, but it wouldn't calculate the conversion highe
than 2.0

This is what I came up with (I am NOT proficient at Excel  so it may b
rather clunky ). The problem with this, is it does not give me a minimu
of 2 hours, and it does not round up the way I need.
B74=DateInWater
J74=DateOffWater
N74=TimeOffWater
F74=TimeOnWater

When the total time on water =2hours 7minutes I should get a chargeabl
hour rate of 2.2. What I am getting with this is 2.1; with a chargeabl
rate of 2hours 13minutes I am getting 2.2 instead of 2.3.

=IF(B74="",0,MIN(ROUNDUP(((J74+N74)-(B74+F74))*24,(IF((J74+N74)-(B74+N74)*24<2,2,1)))))

Hope this makes sense
Thanks

Ric

--
relain
relaing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2935
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49064

Try this version

=MAX(ROUNDUP(((dateout+timeout)-(datein+timein))*24,1),2)

--

HTH

RP

"relaing" <relaing.1zk1ty_1133766004.1945@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:relaing.1zk1ty_1133766004.1945@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Fred
> Thanks for the reply. You are correct - 0-6 is the minutes and the
> TimeIn DateIn is when the boat went in the water and TimeOut DateOut is
> when it came out of the water.
> I entered your formula, but it wouldn't calculate the conversion higher
> than 2.0
>
> This is what I came up with (I am NOT proficient at Excel  so it may be
> rather clunky ). The problem with this, is it does not give me a minimum
> of 2 hours, and it does not round up the way I need.
> B74=DateInWater
> J74=DateOffWater
> N74=TimeOffWater
> F74=TimeOnWater
>
> When the total time on water =2hours 7minutes I should get a chargeable
> hour rate of 2.2. What I am getting with this is 2.1; with a chargeable
> rate of 2hours 13minutes I am getting 2.2 instead of 2.3.

=IF(B74="",0,MIN(ROUNDUP(((J74+N74)-(B74+F74))*24,(IF((J74+N74)-(B74+N74)*24
<2,2,1)))))

> Hope this makes sense
> Thanks
>
> Rick
>

> --
> relaing
> relaing's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29355
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490647

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/5/2005 10:31:15 AM
Bob
Thanks!! That works beautifully!
Rick

--
relaing
relaing's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29355
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490647

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

visual basic

printing 2 charts on single page

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Date trasfer when importing emails to CRM
When I import old emails into CRM from Outlook they are tagged in CRM with the today's date, the day I imported them. Is there any way to alter this date once in CRM to reflect the actual date of the email? I believe your referring to promoting emails within Outlook. If so, please see this thread: news:5DF7B2F7-B5CE-4FF9-80E3-421D4FE5F500@microsoft.com -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CF94DF6-7659-4793-AF6E-439BB480DC29@microsoft.com......

Offline folder problems #2

Dates #9

Timesheet to monitor flexi-time
Hi All, Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to record employee timesheet details, capable of accommodating simple flexi-time and part time hours. Ideally, i would like an option to add employees and then enter their agreed working hours (this is to be used as a look up). Then, On a weekly basis, data will be entered for the previous 7 days� Hours worked can fall under the following categories... Hours worked �normal� time Hours worked flexi time Hours �Sick� Holiday Bank Holiday Authorised Absence Paid Authorised absence unpaid I'd also like A way of viewing information...

Receiving Transaction Entry #2

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

VCard issue #2

question about Time

Short time vs short date

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2