Calculated field in pivot table #4

I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot
table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert
Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I
doing something wrong?
Thanks for any help.
0
Dan4650 (795)

On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

Address fields left
Hi all, query solution I hope ! I have imported a csv address file into access : Address1 Address2 - Address6 Some fields are blank followed by another blank example : Text Blank Blank Text Text Blank example : Blank Blank Text Blank Text Blank example : Text Blank Blank Blank Text Text How can I shunt all the fields left so as to remove any spaces cheers, Garry Use the Trim option. You havel LTrim, RTrim and Trim. The first removes spaces to the left, the second removes spaces to the right and the last removes spaces left and right. So in your query you could use something like ...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

outlook 2000 contacts #4
Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts but don't know how It's under your profile c:\documents and settings\<profile name>\local settings\applications data\microsoft\outlook The file is Outlook.pst Good luck. "Ted" wrote: > Where is the file that contains the contacts in Outlook 2000? I backed up my > hardrive to a DVD and had to format my drive. I want to restore the contacts > but don't know how jdc <jdc@discussions.microso...

Calculations
I am trying to make excel calculate something for me. I want it to take 1a + 1b = 1c than take 1c through 600c and give me the sum? Right now I am on 62 and I know there is an easier way. Are you looking for something like: =SUM(C1:C600) ?? In article <8kmob.31712$v82.1889026@twister.southeast.rr.com>, "Enigma" <enigma@magicbyenigma.com> wrote: > I am trying to make excel calculate something for me. > I want it to take 1a + 1b = 1c than take 1c through 600c and give me the > sum? > > Right now I am on 62 and I know there is an easier way. >...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

how do i delete cells or duplicate cells in a table ?
I went to make a table with 8 colums and 3 rows, which turned out fine..but now i need to make 3 more rows added on but half the size long with only 2 colums.. so i figure i can just duplicate or copy from my table 3 of these rows and shirk it and delete 1 cell...but trying to get help on how to add or remove cells seems the hard part ...

Pivot #2

Conditional Formatting #4
Hello All How would one go about conditional formatting Sheet 2 A1 if Sheet 1 A1 said TRUE ?? Thanks in advance Ian ...

Calculating Minutes
I have a table with a start time and an end time. Both are set to medium time format. What I want to do is calculate the minutes between both the start and end times. For example: 6:00 am - Start Time 7:00 am - End Time I want it to show 60 minutes. Here's what I'm using but it's not working properly: =DateDiff("n",[StartTime],[EndTime])/60 Why are you dividing by 60?? "n" tells DateDiff that you want the results in minutes. Here's a link with some additional data: http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0004.htm Secret Squirrel wrote: >I have...

Field text range problem

Display middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen?
How do I Display the middle name with Primary Contact field on Account screen? Please help. We use the Primary Contact field on the main Account screen to search and select a contact. The field then displays the First Name + Last Name of the contact that was selected. Can I make it show First Name + Last Name + Middle Name? How do I do it? I will be very appreciative for any help I receive. Thanks adna; The CRM has one format for displaying contact names. you can set that format in Settings-->Administration-->System Settings. While First Name + Last Name + Middle Name isn&...

Compound Lookup Field Only Showing First Field
Hello, I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two fields - FirstName and LastName. When selecting the name from the drop down, I see both first and last names, but after selecting, I only see the first name. For visual reasons, I would like to see the first and last names in the form. I am using Access 2007, but believe this issue is in previous versions as well. I am open to suggestions and appreciate your help, Chris Hello Chris. "Chris" wrote: > I am using a lookup field for name and the name is broken into two > fields - FirstName and LastNa...

Refreshing a pivot table #2
I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying again in the hope that somebody knows the answer.....!! When using a pivot table, is it possible to refresh only certain columns rather than the whole table?? Any urgent help would be appreciated. Thank you. Louise You can't refresh only part of a pivot table. Perhaps you could make a copy of the source data, change only the data you want updated in the pivot table, and base the pivot table on that. Louise wrote: > I have posted this question before but didn't get any replies so am trying > ...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

Changing Outlook 2002 email "From" field without the "on behalf of" text
I occassionally want to send emails from an address different to my standard email account. I'd prefer not to have to change the email account details on these occassions. I have the "From" field in my New Mail template which I populate with a contact showing the email address I want the email from. Unfortunately, when the email arrives it appears as From: [mailto:myEmailAccountAddress] On Behalf Of myDesiredTemporaryFromAddress I've searched my Outlook settings and the MS site but cannot see how to get rid of this undesired annotation i.e. "[mailto:myEmail...

Keep Pivot Table custom chart type
I'm creating a pivot table custom chart type "Line - Column on 2 Axes". The chart looks great when I create it. The problem is when the user does anything to the chart (filters the data, adds a new flield of data, etc.), the chart changes to where both data series are displayed as bar charts and the second axis is gone. I can't find an event that fires when they modify the chart, so I don't know that I can programatically change it back. Is there a way to keep it from changing in the first place? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Loss of formatting is a known prob...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, Searched previous postings but can't find an answer to my problem - hope someone can help. I have two columns both in hh:mm format; first shows a start time and second shows a stop time. I want a third column to show the difference in hours and minutes between the two times - if I can't have this I will accept difference in minutes only between the two times. Best I have come up with is the calculation =ABS(a2-a1) and custom format the cell to show minutes only; [mm]. There seems to be a problem with this - the calculation does not always return the expected time differe...

Set One Field based On Another Field
I think I have a pretty simple request. I am looking for some script to put on an on exit field. Here is what I need it to do: When a value is put in say $550, if this is greater than a specified limit in the code I need it to set Field2 to Yes. So if field1 > 500 set field2 = yes Real world example: I have a dollar amount of credit to give to a customer, I want to auto populate the approval required field with a yes. Your help is appreciated. Brent, Try: IIf([Field1]>500,[Field2]="Yes") However if the field is a Bit data type then IIf([Field1]&...

Visual Basic
Hi, I trying to create a table using visual basic, when i try to run it. It prompt me "No fields defined, can't append Table or Index. Anyone, could highlight to me what is the problem. My code is as follows: Public Sub PCreateTable() Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Dim idx As DAO.Index Dim fldTradeDate As DAO.Field Dim fldStockName As DAO.Field Dim fldRemarks As DAO.Field Dim fldCurrency As DAO.Field Dim fldClose As DAO.Field Dim fldChange As DAO.Field Dim fldVolume As DAO.Field Dim fldHigh As DAO.Field Dim fldLow As DAO.Field Dim fldValue As DAO.Field Dim fldDay...

Silverlight 4
I went to to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx to download and install Silverlight but it says my OS\Browser is unsupported. I have XP SP3 with Firefox 3.6.3. Is Silverlight no longer supported for XP? I'd hazard a guess that it is the 3.6.3 that is confusing it. http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx Steve999999 wrote: > I went to to > http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx to > download and install Silverlight but it says my OS\Browser is unsupported. I ...

CRM 4.0: Deleting system views
In CRM 4.0 I cannot find a way to hide or delete system views (Accounts: No Orders in Last 6 Months). In CRM 3.0, you could work around this by sharing with a "dummy" user, which would hide it from the rest of the users. I cannot find such a work-around in 4.0; has anyone else? Hi Mike, You can read my blog on how to hide it using a Plugin. http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/2008/02/hiding-view-in-crm-40-using-plug= -in.html Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 18, 1:38=A0pm, MikePSU <mike.szyme...@gmail.com> wrote: > I...

Calculated totaltax and totalamount is reset
I've used the following script in OnSave on the order form to calculate a totaltax (of 25%). When I click "Save" the fields totaltax and totalamount are filled correctly. However, when I close the form and re-open it, the values have been reset to 0. Could someone please tell me, if there is an easy solution to this problem? Thanks. crmForm.all.totaltax.DataValue = crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue/4; crmForm.all.totalamount.DataValue = crmForm.all.totaltax.DataValue + crmForm.all.totalamountlessfreight.DataValue; Hi Thomas, just copy your jscript in the on...

How do I calculate the change in stock price in excel.
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Put yesterday's price in cell A1 and today's price in cell A2. In cell A3 put the formula: =A2-A1 -- Gary's Student "Knowledge001" wrote: > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. ...