button link

How can I make a button linked to an other sheet in the same workbook or to
an other file. I get the message that it has to be in the same sheet.

Thanks in front

Marcel.
0
Marcel1 (17)

Marcel

What type of button?

How was it created?

Are you trying to Hyperlink or do you have VBA code behind the button?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:45:01 -0800, Marcel <Marcel@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How can I make a button linked to an other sheet in the same workbook or to
>an other file. I get the message that it has to be in the same sheet.
>
>Thanks in front
>
>Marcel.

0
Gord

Link to database on intranet
I'm in the middle of converting all of our databases from Access 97 to XP. On our intranet, we have "links" to databases in 97. I can open the database from a shortcut with command lines. I am however unable to the command line options with the link. Just some additional information: I'm using IE 6.0, dual environment with Access 97 & XP, Windows 98, and FrontPage. Can someone help please? I've searched and I can't find a solution. Just a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Kathy ...

Link 2 cells together
Hi all, I would like to link 2 cells together so that when I sort one column alphabeticaly, the other column containing numbers will move with them. I'm trying to create an alphabetcal list of spark plugs at work where one column (B) contains the part number (i.e BKR6EK) and the other column (C) contains the corresponding stock number (i.e 2288). So when I sort column B I need the numbers in column C to alter accordingly too. Any help would be great! Gregg. On the toolbar select Data>Sort...sort by cloumn B and by column C. "gcbrit" wrote: > Hi all, > > I...

Link to text file in code
I'm relinking a set of tables to Access 2000. Most of the links are other databse tables & excel workbooks which all work fine. My problem is with a fixed field length text file. The code below runs without errors and shows the linked text file in the tables list however it does not function correctly. I'm wondering what the DNS=MyTextFile Link Specification2 refers to? There is no such DSN in my registry. I just copied the code from another example and the MSysObjects connect field after manually creating the link. The Database portion of strConn is the path to the text fil...

MS Delete Links Addin (Wizard)
I need to delink charts from their source data before posting the workbook on a network. Each worksheet has 8 charts. There are about 12 worksheets. There are bar charts and line charts. The line charts have up to two series of data each. The Delete Links Addin does remove the links from the bar charts and from the embedded (cell) formulas. But, although it 'sees' the links in the line charts (they appear in the list as the wizard seeks links), they are not eliminated. These links remain after processing. Any Help or Ideas? Thanks!!! SEDK A macro like this ought to ...

re-linking backend on shared folder
I have several front ends on different computers connected to a single backend on a shared folder on one of the computers. All is fine untill I update the front ends and then have to manually re-link each one with the backend. Since I am modifying the front end on my own machine and then copying it to the other machines, the path to the back end will not be the same. Is there a way I could have a small text file or excel file in the same folder as the front end that has the location of the backend and use it to somehow to relink the tables? Google "Tony Toews." He has a...

Why won't explorer open a page when I click a link in an email
When I click a link in an email the email IE either doesn't open or opens and freezes - any ideas how to fix it???? Thanks!!!! Is there any error message? "eslon1" <eslon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4419307-4FF0-413A-9549-5F1DEFFB3066@microsoft.com... > When I click a link in an email the email IE either doesn't open or opens > and freezes - any ideas how to fix it???? Thanks!!!! ...

Link fields if primary is found
I have a registration from that has numerous fields and would to like if the register this year pull all the fields from old over to new db - I can either use exsisting excel or import old into acess. The member nbr is the primary key I am using access 2007 ...

Can I link dates within 2 different cells to a calendar?
\Is is possible to set up an excel worksheet that has different columns (with different categories) of dates to link or import themselves into a outlook calendar for scheduling purposes? I am trying to show jobs that would carry over a period of days or weeks in a calendar format from an excel spreadhseet ...

Money 2005 very slow after Accept button pressed
Is there any way to speed up Money 2005 Deluxe? The transaction accept takes about 10 seconds. I confirmed that there are no upgrades or updates going on in the background. I've got 1G of DRAM and a 2.4G Pentium running 2000 Pro. Thanks, Bob Also... I removed everything from the "Home" page and restarted. Still slow. Bob In microsoft.public.money, Robert Sorrells wrote: >Is there any way to speed up Money 2005 Deluxe? The transaction accept >takes about 10 seconds. I confirmed that there are no upgrades or updates >going on in the backgro Try making a c...

cannot use object linking and embedding
Please help with this error...it`s driving me nuts !!...thought it was virus , but av reports nuttin -- to ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26849 One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com tox wrote: > > Please hel...

The send email button???
Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? what happens when you click it - any errors? "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:eQqonkzvDHA.684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Why would this not be working from the Rich Client? > > ...

preserving cell format between linked documents
I am working in Office Excel 2003. The contractors in my office have a special spreadsheet with two linked sections that copy all the data entered from one form (the CC) into two other forms (the Main and the Addendum). In the description column of the CC form, the rows and cells are formatted to auto-fit and wrap text; however, when something is typed into the description column on the CC form, the description text does not wrap or auto-fit on the Main and Addendum forms. These forms are protected. The input of information/description should only be performed on the CC form. We'...

Link to File is not working. EMBEDs are displayed as icons.
I'm trying to create links to image files (.EMF .JPG .WMF) in Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007. Instead of getting a LINK, I get an EMBED Package. Open a blank Word 2007 doc / Insert tab / on Text panel click Object button / Create from File tab / Browse... to the file / turn on "Link to file" / click OK. Depending on the image file type, I either get an icon and filename, or just the filename. Pressing Alt-F9 shows that it got inserted as an "EMBED Package", not a "LINK". If I perform the same steps to link to a Word or Excel ...

linking cells to external refernce
Hi, Hoping someon can help as I've been trying to do this for a while. I have a list of file names in cells in a workbook. This list is created automatically when a new file is created. Each file has a static cell that gives a total metres left on a roll. I would like to summurise these totals and place them next to each file name in the main workbook. But I need excel to look at the cell containing the name of the workbook and report back the total from that file. The filles are on a local server. I have used the formula ='Z:\Stock\[Newstockcard.xls]Sheet1'!$E$8 All I need is fo...

cross linking excel files
ok, there is a nut that i cant break. I have 2-3 excel files that need to be linked. File M (master) contains multiple worksheets, of all sorts of data, its the master file for my files File L, is a lookup file im creating for better usage, its used for dumping data from msproject and reformat some stuff. It has only one sheet of relevance. File S, the summary file is the thing i need help with, it is linked to both files and is used to create monthly summarys. In that file i am using a lot SUMIF elements like: SUMIF ([file M]sheet1!A1:A30;B8;[file M]sheet1!D1:D30) Now the thing is: Th...

Graph linked with combo boxes
Dear, I need assistance in plotting a graph which is linked with 3 different combo boxes. I have data for different persons from 1st jan onwards. I have to plot a single graph which is linked with 3 different combo boxes having the drop down list of name, start date and end date. The graph should reflect only the data, once the required person's data for a date range is selected using the 3 different combo boxes. Please assist. Also suggest if there's a better to get this. I could able to link the graph with one combo box earlier using the below link. http://p...

button control
hi all, i'm developing an SDI application by eVC++. now in the CView, i created a button object. when i received a click on the button . i want to notify back the CView to update the screen. how can i do that? thank you. ...

change button colour
how do i change the default grey colour of the buttons in excel ( no command buttons i know how to do those, its the other ones) sorry don know what else to call them :confused -- jimbo69 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jimbo693's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1421 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26732 You can't. You could draw a rectangle using the drawing toolbar to make it appear the way you want to. -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz´┐Żlez "jimbo693" <ji...

Help with linking multiple tables
Hello everyone! I am working on this project which has multiple relationships. I have 7 tables with one of them being the main table. All tables are linked with the main table's Primary Key. Now, so far everything is working fine. But another requirement is that, one of the tables is for Approvals. In that table, there can be multiple Submissions until the product gets approved. The products are, different fields in different tables. Some of the fields are multiple fields in one table. One table has 9 fields which need to be linked. Another has 2 fields. Another has 3 while another has 1. ...

Trying to access Protected cell leads to linked sheet
When double clicking a cell that is protected where the formula in that cell refers to a cell in another worksheet, on closing the protection message, the worksheet that that cell refers to is opened and that cell is activated. In fact double clicking any cell that has a formula with precedences going back to the other worksheet does the same thing. Is there a way to prevent this without making the sheet hidden? Rob This worked for me in xl2002: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, _ Cancel As Boolean)...

left(string, number) with linked data to SQL2000 does not work
I am converting a client's program to work with data in an SQL 2000 database. Previously the data was linked to a separate Access mdb file. now it is linked via ODBC to SQL 2000. The following snipet works if the data is in an Access table but once the table is in SQL the function left(string, number) stops the Access engine from even entering the procedure. I put a msgbox "Hi" at the beginning of the funtion and it did not even come up. I do not get any error msgs it just does nothing! Any Clue?? If Left(Me.CUSTID.Value, 3) = "IDG" Then Dim valoare2...

custom toolbar button
The following macros freezes a sheet in different locations when either one of two custom buttons on the toolbar is clicked. Sub Freeze1() ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False Application.GoTo Range("A29"), True Range("D31").Select ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True End Sub and macro Sub Freeze2() ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = False Columns("D:D").Select ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True Range("IV1").Select End Sub To allow other sheets within the workbook to use the custom button I have included code within each sheet to allow this...

Links in e-mails
In e-mail messages that I receive, I can no longer click on a link and go to that website. I now get a message saying "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I did not change any of my settings recently that I know of. This just started happenning within the last couple of days. Thanks!!! William Question is answered here daily. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Russ Valentine "William McNeill" <WilliamMcNeill@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Move to a link?
I want to create a cell on a worksheet that, if I click on it, a new worksheet section (same workbook - different sheet ) will open. (Essentially, if I click next to a cell that says Exhibit II, I want Exhibit II to open.) How do I do this? Thank you Dime, It's not a link (that's different in Excel), but a hyperlink. Try Insert - Hyperlink. Use "Place in this document" at the left. You can put in "Exhibit II" at the top, and it will appear in the cell, blue and underlined, in the typical hyperlink style, which you can remove or change with the usual Exc...

linking folders to excel
is it possible to cut and paste a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet in excel and have a corresponding workbook move folders. i.e. I cut a paste a description of workbook A from one worksheet(named "open") to another worksheet(named "closed"). As of right now workbook A is saved in a folder named "open". I want the saved workbook to automatically move to a folder named "closed". Is this possible? If you want to copy from one worksheet to another: dim fromRng as range dim toRng as range set fromrng = workbooks("open.xls").works...