bullet formatting in a spreadsheet

I sure hope that someone can help me. I am new to excel and I need to learn
about using bullets. I would like to know what bullet formatting does in a
spreadsheet? I just can't see any advantage to using them. I am anxiously
awaiting some excel smart person to hear my cry for help, thanking you in
advance, Markie

--To Create a Custom Text Format That Includes Bullets
--To Add a Bullet to an Existing Text Entry

Refer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323567

--
Jacob

"Markie" wrote:

> I sure hope that someone can help me. I am new to excel and I need to learn
> about using bullets. I would like to know what bullet formatting does in a
> spreadsheet? I just can't see any advantage to using them. I am anxiously
> awaiting some excel smart person to hear my cry for help, thanking you in
> advance, Markie

file format needs to be changed
I have an excel file which comprises of a template for Identity card with a jpg file embedded in it. I would like to save this file in a jpeg format so as to get a photo printout of the same. How is this possible? If you scan the document, that would put the file into an image format. Then you could convert the file to whatever image file format you wanted. Just a thought... Highlight the area you want printed then hold SHIFT key and select Edit>Copy Picture. Open your favorite graphics editor or MS Paint and paste to there. Save as *.jpg Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jun 200...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

how can i apply conditional formatting by code ?
Say that there is a table T_PERSONAL [Name (text), Surname (text), Salary (integer)]. I created a Tabular Form (F_PERSONAL) which retrieves information from T_PERSONAL. I want to put a image for a specific record on the form, if the record satisfy some specific criteria. For other record which does not satisfy the criteria, image should be invisible. Say that, if [Name (text)] ~text13~ is "ALBERT", Image Object ~Image13~ should be visible. I dont suppose that Image Object should be included in T_PERSONAL. It will be inserted manualy during design stage of Tabular Form. I would not as...

date format #18
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet containing lots of pivot tables. The source data contains date formulas in the following ways: =IF(FR5="","",TEXT(FR5,"yyyy-mm")) this returns dates like----- 2007-11 =IF(GM5="","",TEXT(GM5,"mmm-yy")) this returns dates like------- Nov-07 As a result, when I try to sort my pivot table data by date, the dates that are shown as Nov-07 are recognised as text therefore only allowing me to sort by alphabetical order. The dates that are like 2007-11, i am able to sort it by the earliest/latest dates. I...

adding something so a spreadsheet can be emailed as an attachment
I would like to add something visual on a spreadsheet (which is an order form) so after my customers have filled it out they can SIMPLY click a "button" and it will automatically send to my email address the completed spreadsheet as an attachment, IS this possible? Thanks Vid Is it possible to assign a Macro to do something like this ? Maybe you could add a button from the Forms toolbar and assign a macro that does the emailing. Ron de Bruin has lots of sample code that may help. If you have followup questions, you may want to include as much info as you know about your custom...

formatting #4
Hi, is it possible to automatically display those cells with a formula with a different format. Eg I would like 'input' cells in green, and 'calculated' cells in red. Thanks. Change color numbers to suit Sub colorcells() Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection If c.HasFormula Then c.Interior.ColorIndex = 4 Else c.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End If Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:ONIaRcClJHA.5732@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, i...

Copy worksheets and formats
Hi, I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't ;+) Ken More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb a...

Transferring Excel Spreadsheet into Access
I work in a Real Estate Brokerage Firm. We need to transfer our current excel based spreadsheet into Access. Our goal is to utilize Access for superior Database Management while maintaining Excel's calculator functions. Is that feasible and if so, how? Also can this be done in an HTML environment? Thanks. Nancy From my perspective, Excel provides strong "calculator" functions, as you describe it, while Access, as a relational database, offers strong database functionality. These represent two different tools. What about "Database Management" (whatever you mean by...

user form
I am so frustrated. I am creating a form and I want to force a phone number format. Easy in Excel but cannot find it anywhere in word 2007. Please help Thanks Use the VBA Format function Format(1234567890, "(###) ###-####") will return (123) 456-7890 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Dcook" <Dcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F0E1C93-E828-46F7-98EF-FE6DF84...

Can MS Works spreadsheet be imported into Excel?
Have tried to import a Works spreadsheet to Excel - have just updated to Excel and would have thought the two would be be compatible and seamless; when I try this I get an error.Any thoughts on how to do this or if it even can be done? In the File/Open dialog box, if you click the arrow next to "Files of Type", you'll see the list includes Microsoft Works 2.0. If your file is from a later version of Works, I believe you need to open it again in Works and save in either Works 2.0 or Excel format. The other option is to buy a converter like Dataviz' Conversions Plus for US$...

E-mail Templates HTML format with pictures
Is it possible to create custom templates with an HTML body, including like my company logo ? If this is possible, can any one help me.. Thank you again in advance I created a web page in MS FrontPage. Posted the page on a web server with a public address. Then copied the page into a Direct Email Template. If you don't require a logo you can just paste it from FrontPage right into the Direct Email Template. HTH Donnie Sweat "Ulrich" <Ulrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2BF4B7E-D92E-41EC-A55A-7B53AEE60A22@microsoft.com... > Is it possible ...

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

Conditional formatting #50
Hi, The worksheet I've been working on uses paste links to carry forward workers details from one worksheet to the next. These cells are left unprotected so the chain can be broken if a person leaves, and someone new has to be inserted. This is fine but it makes it tricky to spot where breaks occur. Can conditional formatting tell the difference between a formula and text entered? If so can someone please give me an example that I can use. Many thanks. DonH You would need to build a simple UDF Function IsFormula(rng as range) IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End Function and use t...

How to copy custom number formats
Hello All I have a custom number format for a Excel Cell A1 which is #,##0.00 "CAD" and in A1 I now have a value 1000 CAD. I have assigned cell B1 as =A1 but an external application when the report is run populated now cell A1 as 20000 MXP and now my cell B1 says 20000 CAD and not 20000 MXP and when I check the format for B1 it still as the format as #,##0.00 "CAD" whereas now the format of my cell A1 is #,##0.00 "MXP" appears only the value and not the format is being copied. Can any of you suggest a workaround to resolve this problem. Many thanks Simon ...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #3
Not really what I am looking for. As I will be displaying differen sheets depending on what link is clicked, I don't need to have default sheet, instead I need to specify a different sheet to b displayed before excel is opened. i.e. A link for the prices sheet opens the spreadsheet on the price sheet, and straight after there is a link to the sales sheet, whic opens the spreadsheet on the sales sheet on the spreadsheet. Hope that makes more sense, Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

how do i set up a spreadsheet for my bills?
I want to make a list of all of the people I owe ,the account number,the amount,and the date of the invoice.I also want to be able to subtract the payments as I pay each debtor off.Basically organizing my bills.I will be using Microsoft Office to set this up if possible. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C7E502.23243820 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable That would depend on how you wish to set it up... one worksheet per = debt... =20 Col A Col B Col C Col ...

size of window upon opening a spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved? I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size retained should be whateve...

Preserving formatting of merged cells when hiding columns
I have a spreadsheet that contains columns that my supervisor wants to keep hidden when sending out to contacts. The problem is, there are some merged cells further down the sheet that spread across those columns, and hiding the columns messes up their formatting. Is there a way to avoid this? merged cells are the bane of Excel, figure out how to do without them. Nick Xylas wrote: > I have a spreadsheet that contains columns that my supervisor wants to > keep hidden when sending out to contacts. The problem is, there are > some merged cells further down the sheet that spread across ...

Question (Conditional Formatting)
I have the following data below: Column A Column B 01/06/2006 07/01/2008 On column C I want excel to calculate if Column A >= Column B; then "False" else "True". How do I accomplish this? Try this: =A1<B1 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Erlang" <newandfresh@gmail.com> wrote in message n...

Format cells #7

how to make cells automatically format to entered text size?
hello, i am new to excel and i would like to have it resize the cells automatically to the size of the text i entered. i know if i click on a cell and do format - line break it does it for one cell. but how can i have excel do this automatically for every cell in every workbook? thanks Frank Barenhorst email: frank.barenhorst@mailshelter.de Frank Hit CRTL + A to select all cells. Format>Alignment>Wrap Text. To make this the default for all new workbooks and sheets.... Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and...

How to Convert 24/03/2010 as text into 03/24/2010 date format
Hi , I’m using Ms Excel 2003 and in my excel sheet there is a column in which dates are entered as DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 24/03/2010 as a text) format and I wanted to convert it into MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 03/24/2010). Can excel programming is required to convert such date or is there any excel function. Please suggest. -- ------------------------------ Thanks Nitesh ------------------------------ hi you could use text to columns high light the date. on the menu bar>data>text to columns step 1 - select delimited, click next step 2 - select tab, click next step 3- upp...

night club operating cost spreadsheet needed
looking for a spreadsheet that I can use to start up a ne business (Nightclub) for calculating profit and loss and expense reports ...

Formatting #18
Kudos to the person who knows if there Is there a way that I can apply a border to all pages in a workbook without manually going in and applying the border to the cells of each page??? Thanks Christopher Do the following. Hold down CTRL and click with the muse the tab of each sheet you want the foramt applied to. This will GROUP your sheets. Now format your worksheet and whatever you do tot hat worksheet will be applied to all. To UNGROUP the sheets when you have finished, right click and worksheet tab and select <Ungroup>. Any problems, please write back. Alex "Christo...

formating multiple cells
I have an spreadsheet froma data collector that has roughly 42,000 rows and 15 columns of data. Unfortunetly the data collector formats the cells to be "text" instead of "number". When i go to make this change by selecting all the cells and changing there format this process can take up to 30-45 minutes. Now this is on a p4 with 2gb of ram. However i do this same change on my laptop (much slower) and it happens in a matter of seconds. What gives....why would my work PC be slll slow. I am running Office 2003 at work and Office XP on my laptop. Hopefully someone ...