Break Up One Long Column to Print on One Page

I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 record
long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on eac
page.

For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page ca
print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there
way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each colum
individually?

I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order
which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.

I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,
MrAviato

See

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>

> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>

> ---

nicolaus (2022)
4/14/2004 3:31:03 PM
Hi

Try here:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

Hope this helps
--
Andy.

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>

> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>

> ---

andyb1 (494)
4/14/2004 3:31:10 PM
 My Excel add-in "Side by Side" should do what you want...
    Column(s) of data are arranged into two or three groups on successive pages.
    Data sequence is maintained and the area above the data is not changed.
    A new worksheet is created with the new column arrangement.
    Your original worksheet is not affected.
    You print from the new worksheet.  It's easy to use and very fast.
    Comes with one page of Word.doc install/use instructions.
    Available - free - upon direct request.  Remove xxx from email address.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA
jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX

"MrAviator >" <<MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:MrAviator.14pkwh@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
> Best regards,
> MrAviator

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
4/14/2004 3:49:34 PM
I like to just copy|paste into word.  Then use word's formatting feature
(Columns) to print.

If all your values are plain old values, you might want to consider leaving it
in word.  It handles insertions and deletions pretty darn well.

(and even sorts!)

"MrAviator <" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with one column.  It is approximately 500 records
> long.  I want to print it but I don't want to print one column on each
> page.
>
> For example, say 50 records will fit on each page and each page can
> print a width of four columns, for a total of 200 records.  Is there a
> way to print it this way without cutting/pasting each column
> individually?
>
> I am continually adding records and they are in alphabetical order,
> which makes it difficult to change once a page like this is created.
>
> I hope this makes sense.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.
>
> Best regards,
> MrAviator
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Off by one transaction
When we are posting to the General Legder, the control # of transactions are off exactly one transaction to the actual # of transactions. We don't understand why this is so because we physically counted the transactions and the actual # of transactions are correct but the control # transactions are off by one. We posted anyway because we physically counted them, but for future use we would like to know why the # of transactions are off by one. If you have an answer to our dilemma please respond back. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt: The Control Total is a number you enter,...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

Cutting and Pasteing from One spreadsheet to another.
Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data references. I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells. eg I have the following in one spreadsheet. =Info!G5 =Info!G6 =Info!G7 =Info!G8 =Info!G9 =Info!G10 =Info!G11 etc I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into another spread sheet. However when I do I get the following ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5 ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6 etc. Re...

Print or Print Preview not showing text
Print or Print Preview not showing text using PP2007 just released SP2 for office Now when we try to use print or print preview only see some of the text headers. None of the text is showing or the background or images, using built in templates. Worked bofore After testing, I found I have to set the color/greyscale - to colour to actually use the print preview. But it previews in grey scale, can't even see the preview in color. Unless I also go into printer settings and change that to color then get colour in preview. If I set it to grey scale and my printer is a ...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

How to print a multiple page two sided small booklet, 4.5x5.5"
Publisher 03 has a folded card that uses standard 8.5x11" paper and after printing folds to a card size 4.5 x 5.5" What I need is to create a non folded "booklet" version which can have multiple pages (more than 8), printed on front and back. Essentially the same as the 8.5x5" program booklets (found in File/Page Setup/publication type:booklet) which print multiple pages now, but smaller and capable of printing front to back pages to either be folded into a booklet (one fold on center pages) or cut and bound into a booklet. I'm trying to build a small boo...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Printing
I am receiving an error message: An operation on table 'CN_Printer_Settings' failed because the path does not exist. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? ...

How to prevent breaks in sentences within a paragraph when email
When I type a paragraph within an email, it looks great, even after I've added words to the sentence, or changed the sentence structure. Then I send the email, and sometimes send it to myself, but the sentences and paragraph are chopped up, and the idea doesn't "flow" like I wanted it to. Any suggestions on how I can keep the sentences together so they make more sense? I have looked at every option in "Tools", but haven't found a solution. Thanks. Are you using HTML or plain text? HTML will generally keep the same formatting while plain text ...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

When I print invitations, the guidelines are printing.
Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? When you go to Print, go to File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Printer's Marks and uncheck crop marks. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cudivermom" <cudivermom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB1F34F0-BB74-4107-8E80-DB133F96699A@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to make the guidelines not print on my card stock? ...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

Problems with Colour Printing
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets containing colour formatting (including graphs) that is regularly printed out in colour and greyscale. The problem I have is that when I need to print out several sheets simultaneously I uncheck the "Greyscale" option under print options and have the print job come out in colour. To print multiple selected sheets in colour I need to change the print options for each individual sheet (about 10 in all) to colour (non- greyscale). One strange peculiarity of this is that some of the sheets will not need to be "Unchecked"...

Page set up
Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). No. This feature is not in the program specifications of Microsoft Excel. ----- Ranjit wrote: ----- Is there any way to repeat a row at the BOTTOM of every page (Opposite to repeat row at top). ...

How do I hide text beyond the last column in Excel?
In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter blanks in the next column, and that will achieve the desired effect, but that's not an optimal solution for us. Could you just hide all of the columns to the right of those cells? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "GetVigilant-Jon" wrote: > In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column > boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter > blanks in the next colum...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range
Hi, Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. The Dynami Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and many ROWS. Need help with Formula to COUNT specified criteria in each separat COLUMN of the Defined Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS". Looking for on Formula that can be adapted with an OFFSET / INDEX to work on the othe COLUMNS. Example Results required from Formula: COLUMN 1 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 2 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 30 in Dy...

How do I print backgrounds on publisher 2003 with a deskjet print.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > Everything visible on the page should print. ...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

Two different organizers in one meting
imagine the folowing: Person A is the assistant of Person B, who has given delegation on his calender. When person A makes a meeting request in the calendar of person B and has made a reservation of a resource (meeting room), everything seems to be working fine. however, when person A opens the meeting request in the calendar folder of Person B, I can see that the organizer of the meeting is Person B. When I open the meeting in the calendar of the resource mailbox, the organizer of the meeting is Person A ?? This occurs with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010. Is there a way t...

Outlook won't break lines in received plain text e-mail
Hello. I'm using Outlook 2000 on Windows XP. I moved my .pst file from another Outlook 2000 on Win98. Plain text e-mails show no line breaks. I remember on the previous Outlook I modified a registry key so they would show correctly. Do you know how to fix this? Example: MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIFORNIA 91109. TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 http://jpl.convio.net/site/R?i=I- hdBIN6ChJO-3BCLCXxIg.. http://jpl.convio.net/site/R? i=QKroV09E4GFO-3BCLCXxIg.. Guy Webster (818) ...

Formatting a column
Hey all. I am creating a report from a queury I built and for some reason it won't let me format one of the columns. There is nothing in the drop down box under Format. Here is the expression: Expr3: IIf([Expr2]/[SLA]=0," ",[Expr2]/[SLA]) It reflects the correct number, but I want to reflect it as a percent. For some reason the 'IIf' statement is not formatable? Is that correct? Any ideas? Love Buzz wrote: >Hey all. > >I am creating a report from a queury I built and for some reason it won't >let me format one of the columns. There is nothin...

Hyperlink from one sheet to the hyperlink on another
I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? AO > I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on > sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. > > I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? Why not include an optional second hyperlink on sheet 1 which goes straight to the point that the hyperlink on sheet 2 is directed? Griff The idea is that all of the...

SUM cells in every other column IF adjacent cell equals a criteria???
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that will be added to daily. Each day has two columns... column A is a drop down list with limited choices (lets say 2). Column B will be a number. Day two will be column C and D... C will be the drop down list and D will be a number. Day three will be column E and F and so on. Now the tricky part is for me to SUM the numbers from each day for the matching drop down choice. Example: I want to SUM B1,D1,F1... but only if A1,C1,E1... equals the criteria. Trying to be as clear as possible... what I should have in the end is 2 (the drop down choices) different ce...

Publisher 2003 Bug: Print Preview shows deleted objects.
Print preview in Microsoft Publisher has a serious error: it shows deleted objects. This ocurs whether the changes to the page have been saved or not. The objects are displayed in the preview but not on the edit page, and so they cannot be editied out. This is a (yet another) serious error in Microsoft software and requires urgent correction. Kenneth Spencer ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...