break links crashes Excel 2002 #2

It appears that it may just be one workbook file.  I tried it wit
another file and it did not crash.  We primarily use one Excel workboo
as a template.  Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce
files we use so it is a big problem for us.

Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi
this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command

--
ED
EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879

None.

But I think I'd go about it in small steps.  I think I'd start by recreating the
structure (worksheets with just a little bit of data in them).

Keep building them up and testing to see if the problem recurs.  (It would be a
shame to spend hours recreating the workbook only to have that one fail, too.)

Wait, here's something that may help--people have posted it's helped with their
problem workbooks (not directly like yours, though):

You may want to try OpenOffice.  If the file is corrupted, OpenOffice may be
able to open it.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

And if the file is corrupted and is really important, there are commercial
recovery services.  I've never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
0

> Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fix
> this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command?

If you don't have many embedded objects (charts, controls etc) and no
VBA code, you could try saving as XML and re-opening.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.oaltd.co.uk