borders don't appear in print preview?

Hi,

I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet which I have set up so that
'gridlines', 'black and white' and 'draft' are unchecked. The cells where
information is to be entered have black borders.

When I select print preview, most of the cells are fine but there are 5 rows
where the borders aren't showing at all. They're not even together, they're
throughout the spreadsheet!

I've tried manually drawing each border, I've tried changing the colour but
it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Claire

Hi,

Just a thought, have you actually printed it off, or are you just looking at
print preview.  As sometimes when I look at print preview I can't see the
borders on things, but if I zoom in I can see the borders and when I print it
off the borders are there.

"Claire" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet which I have set up so that
> 'gridlines', 'black and white' and 'draft' are unchecked. The cells where
> information is to be entered have black borders.
>
> When I select print preview, most of the cells are fine but there are 5 rows
> where the borders aren't showing at all. They're not even together, they're
> throughout the spreadsheet!
>
> I've tried manually drawing each border, I've tried changing the colour but
> it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Claire
And those borders show up when you're just looking at the worksheet, right?

Just a guess...

I'd try a different printer/printer driver.

--

Dave Peterson
0

*sigh* its always a simple answer

Thanks for your help!

"Sam H" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a thought, have you actually printed it off, or are you just looking at
> print preview.  As sometimes when I look at print preview I can't see the
> borders on things, but if I zoom in I can see the borders and when I print it
> off the borders are there.
>

> "Claire" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Excel 2003 and I have a spreadsheet which I have set up so that
> > 'gridlines', 'black and white' and 'draft' are unchecked. The cells where
> > information is to be entered have black borders.
> >
> > When I select print preview, most of the cells are fine but there are 5 rows
> > where the borders aren't showing at all. They're not even together, they're
> > throughout the spreadsheet!
> >
> > I've tried manually drawing each border, I've tried changing the colour but
> > it doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Claire

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

Print Tasks Outlook 2007 Q.
I would love to print out a listing of all my tasks. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of how to do this. I can select my desired list of tasks but when I print it out, they only print one page to a task. How can I print a listing of tasks that will be more like the display? Respectfully, Jonathan Morningstar Greenville, South Carolina USA How and where in Outlook are you "selecting my desired list of Tasks?" Have you made a filtered view of the Tasks Folder? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 us...

Lock only borders
I want to create an exceel worksheet where the borders are protected from copy/paste and drag/drop but the users can still type in data. Thanks By default all cells on a sheet are locked when sheet is protected. For Excel 2002 and newer versions....................... Select the cells to type in.......presumably these cells have borders. Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck the "Locked" option. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet>Allow users to: Checkmark "select unlocked cells". All other checkboxes remain cleared. OK your way out. Gord Dibben MS Excel...

Signature page not printed for Credit card transaction
Hello I have set up new POS system and the POS system does not print signature page for credit card use. I check 'require signarue' for the receipt from tender type window and print Z-out to apply it but it still does not printing out the signature page. Any Solution? Please be advised. thank you for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C92FBD.0CA0D0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Make sure the receipt is set to print it. Manager | Database | Register = Lis...

Printing business cards #6
I am trying to design and print cards for my business. I have the card designed, but I am confused by crop/bleed marks. The blue lines that intersect inside of Publisher do not seem to be the same lines that print when I print the card. How do I know how much room to leave around the edges (or "margins"). I do not know how much space is usable. Any help is appreciated. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to design and print cards for my business. I > have the ...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

Cannot view print preview of HTML messages after IE7 uninstall
I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Have you tried reinstalling IE7 Beta 2? Patrick Schmid "QaT" <QaT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8662AD3-5552-4B70-967C-E602E792C439@microsoft.com... >I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after > uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Yes, and still does not work. Very annoying. Might Windows Repair fix this issue? "Patrick Schmid&...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

custom border problem #3
In Publisher 2007 when I try to create a custom border using a wmf/bmp/gif clipart of 5 to 10 kb size I get the following Alert Message: "This picture is too complex to be made into a border". How can I get around this problem as I have tried over a 100 pieces of clipart which Publisher rejects as too complex. What is an acceptable piece of clipart to Publisher? Surely there must be some simple solution to this. Can anyone help? "Broadford1" <jbane.ennis@eircom.net> wrote in message news:eJZabYejIHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > In Publisher 2007 when I ...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

Report output appears to be in Chinese
I have a query based on multiple tables/queries and when i set one of the relationships to many-to-one, the report output appears to be chinese characters. If I change the relationship, the output appears normal, but I don't get all the records I'm looking for. Any suggestions? Yes. Make a backup of your database right now and put it away in a safe place. While you are at it, look for your most recent backup. You may need it. You may have a corrupt database. Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. Http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm ...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

Printing #7
After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it trys to print 1000s of pages ... that just started. First select and set a print range/area. Next under Page settings disable "Fit to" and use "adjust to" 100% Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:12:54 -0700, allstarmanage <allstarmanage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, >without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it try...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

XP Professional printing to HP 722C
When I had my printer HP 722C installed on a Windows 98 computer, I had the option for duplex printing and printing to banner paper. Now, I have it installed XP Professional machine and these options are not available. Has anyone else seen this and know how to fix this? Before David A comes in to blast HP, you might want to go up to the HP site to see if their is a newer driver available for your printer. However, in many cases some printer functions have been lost with XP, and you may have to do your duplex printing manually. Good luck DavidF "Bimshure" <yfarley@yahoo.com&...

in publisher my work is printing mirrored?(backwards) why??
help!! Take a look at your printer settings. There probably is a T-Shirt or Mirror setting. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C118D617-4B58-477B-844D-7CC34E1EDC43@microsoft.com... > help!! Thanks!!!! now sorted :-) "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Take a look at your printer settings. There probably is a T-Shirt or Mirror > setting. > > -- > Mary Sauer > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > > "brett" <brett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:C11...

Turning off small preview of incoming mail
Each new message I get is previewed in a translucent small rectangle in the lower right hand corner. How can I turn that off? Thanks muchly in advance. dennist "dennist" said in news:817701c3e87b$d935f7c0$a601280a@phx.gbl: > Each new message I get is previewed in a translucent > small rectangle in the lower right hand corner. How can > I turn that off? > > Thanks muchly in advance. > > dennist Either: (1) You have a rule that opens the alert window when new e-mail arrives, so you'll have to check your rule(s). (2) You're asking about MSN/Yahoo/A...

urgent , display to print
on a landscape print i would like to print text example "excel statistics" on left but vertical. when i print i would like it running from the top to bottom on the left, instead of starting where the data in the sheet starts. I mean when i print this way it leaves a gap at the top and bottom but i would like it without the gap covering like a heading on the left side of paper. Do i need to use something like a clip art or anything else to achieve this ? Any help will be great. thanks I think I'd use another application (MSWord) and print that separately. Then send the ...

Chart labels do not print in 2003
My spread has several sheets and two of these have eight graphs on each - all sized to fit on one A4 page per sheet. Since i have upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000, some chart titles no longer print. I have upgraded my printer drivers and also tried this on other Excel 2003 machines, and they have the same problem. However, if i go back to an Excel 2000 machine it prints fine. The report is distributed to users of both versions. Any ideas how to fix this? I don't really have a guess. Have you tried it on different printers (if you have them available)? If you create a small test work...

How to print 2000+ characters seen in formula bar? #2
Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only prints 1024. How can I print all? Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. Use a smaller font. Widen the column width lengthen the row height. Curious wrote: > > Formula bar shows +1024 characters, screen only shows 1024. Printer only > prints 1024. How can I print all? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com Thanks, but none of your suggestions work. I'm using Excel 2003 by the way. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Add some alt-enters to force new lines within the cell. &g...